Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PS Plus Lineup For March 2016

• Posted on 25 February 16 at 17:53, Edited on 25 February 16 at 17:54 by Prem-aka-Prince
    Subliminal--Cuts said:Looking at these comments just makes me realize how small the community actually is on TrueTrophies, there seems to be a core group of no more than 20 people lol and I guess I've just joined that group...The more the merrier! smile
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y_KNYNzN6A
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
  • Posted on 25 February 16 at 20:33
    Thanks, but no thanks.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 February 16 at 21:28
    Prem-aka-Prince said:BillyHorrible said:You know I actually thought this was a new game? Never ever heard of it, didn't know it existed, let alone that it's been out for over half a year.To be honest same here, first thing I did was look down the recent articles on PS blog thinking there was a recent release date announcement. Imagine my surprise. redface But this is why even for seasoned gamers like everyone in this thread, it's important not to misjudge games, especially the PS+ ones we've not heard of. They're not for us, agreeably, but at least they're not bad. dance There are thousands of other people that will be happy for sure. These 80+ games put to shame some of the enjoyable low quality stuff from previous months so Sony isn't being cruel at allI think Galak-Z actually IS for me... I'm definitely going to try it, at least.

Subliminal--Cuts said:Looking at these comments just makes me realize how small the community actually is on TrueTrophies, there seems to be a core group of no more than 20 people lol and I guess I've just joined that group...One time, a number 21 tried to get into the core group, but we bullied him out. Or that's what he thought. Or something like that, I wasn't paying attention.

Subliminal--Cuts said:I'm also thinking that these have been pretty bad recently though overall, as a convert from the 360 I though that the deals on there were much better, at least the XBLA titles seemed to have some sort of minimum quality before they'd even be aloowed to be put on the xbox marketplace, whereas her it seems that pretty damn low level games are allowed through just to make up the numbers on these free games.

Don't get me wrong I'd much rather prefer the choice of many games to a few even if they're low level as there will always be a few hidden gems but the absence of retail release titles is kinda getting boring now.

Since joining the PS community I think that Styx, Meat Boy and Valiant hearts are the only free titles I've truly been bothered about. Oh and Guacamelee looks pretty interesting but I'm not sure if I'll play that
    I actually think PS+ is awesome and it has more hits than misses for me. Here's a list of the PS+ titles I've enjoyed over the past half year (naming them even if I bought them before they went on plus)...

PS4
    Grim Fandango
    King's Quest
    Walking Dead Season 2
    Unmechanical
    Super Meat Boy
    Teslagrad
    Grow Home
    Flower
    Sound Shapes
    Limbo
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

PS3
    Kung Fu Rabbit
    Mass Effect 2

Vita
    Lemmings Touch
    Nihilumbra

PS+ games of the last half year that I never playws but I'm definitely going to play (just trying to get my 'paid for' backlog down first):

PS4
    Broken Age
    Stealth Inc 2

PS3
    God Of War Ascension
    Chariot
    Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
    SSX
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Grid Autosport

Vita
    Rocketbirds

Wow... I never reall made a list with just the PS+ games but I am now looking only at the last half year... I had GwG for a full year and I played maybe two GwG games... Damn.
    http://starwarsrpgrecaps.blogspot.com
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 February 16 at 21:42
    In comparison Billy this month on GwG the 2 games for the One are Sherlock crime and punishment and Lords of the Fallen and for the 360 + BC it's Borderlands and Supreme Commander 2. That trumps this month PS+ in my opinion and they have done for at least the last 3. It's certainly seeming to improve.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 February 16 at 21:49
    JoystiQz-_-z said:In comparison Billy this month on GwG the 2 games for the One are Sherlock crime and punishment and Lords of the Fallen and for the 360 + BC it's Borderlands and Supreme Commander 2. That trumps this month PS+ in my opinion and they have done for at least the last 3. It's certainly seeming to improve.Sherlock Holmes, Borderlands and Borderlands 2 have already been on PS+... Take from that what you will, be it that GwG has to copy PS+ if they want to be called succesful or that PS+ can't give away what they have already given away once.

I'd also say that for January 2016, whatever floats your boat you'll probably find PS+ more compelling than GwG. I didn't look at the other months I remembered January as being filled with big name games.

Anyways I myself would rather have several smaller games I didn't yet know about than a couple of well known AAA games that I would have gotten already had I cared for them.
    http://starwarsrpgrecaps.blogspot.com
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 February 16 at 21:53
    Billy I don't think they'll ever please everyone and for the price we pay we shouldn't expect AAA games week in and out.

I think they are all much of a muchness but do think GwG is improving compared to where it was a year a go.

Sony do a good job of mixing up different styles and genres and I think for the £40 we pay a year, we certainly get our monies worth. Just Rocket League, Grim, CounterSpy and Valiant Hearts alone covered my cost and then anything else was just bonus. Unmechanical, Dishonored, Styx and so on. We did OK I think.
  • Posted on 26 February 16 at 09:50
    The comparison with GwG will always be different as it shows who has to try harder. PS4 massively outsold the One and therefore Microsoft are throwing money at the bigger titles to try and entice people over. It was the same with Sony on the PS3, before they had the big numbers, they were throwing out all the big titles on Plus.

I think the PS3 and Vita will continue getting smaller or a lot older titles now. A lot of people have moved on to current gen and therefore there is less need to spend money on bigger last gen games.

I am sure at some point the PS4 will get closer to AAA games.

Either way, I am happy that I have got my moneys worth. I don't play online much, but I do take advantage of the sales that include plus discount, and usually that discount is a significant chunk more than the normal sale price. I also find myself playing one of the plus games every few months.

All that for just £3.33 a month (If I pay full price for 1 year plus, which I usually get £5 off), I am confident in my spending there.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.