Site Wishlist Forum

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

True gaming site that combines TA, TT, TSA Stats

AuthorMessage
ExtremePhobia
ExtremePhobia
Posted on 12 May 16 at 13:23, Edited on 12 May 16 at 13:24 by ExtremePhobia
dontVanek said:The idea of a merger in my mind would simply only make the same achievements/trophies easier to look through for guides, due to TA have an abundance of people who are willing to write guides where as on TT no one cares to take the time out to write one or just not enough of traffic to correspond with guide writing.My thoughts exactly. There's 100 benefits to this.

0) Merging the two would result in an unrecognizable system, so it would be necessary to maintain the originals for those who would want them. Each person would have their choice of which system to use. Nothing would be lost since both systems would exist. If you want the legacy system, it exists. If you want the new system, it exists. It allows more choice for the user without hindering the system (for the most part).

1) Solutions: Suddenly, if a game has the same trophies and achievements, it's all in one place. Rather than trying to find work arounds to this, that's just how it is. Similar goes for walkthroughs. It would also allow for some additional benefits to people on TT, because XB1 has systems to track items individually and track progress built in. Trophy hunters would be able to benefit from knowing what qualifies as progress based on information on XB1 that PlayStation users just don't have access to.

2) Workload: Writing for the site is a lot of work. The system we have in place works just fine, but we currently have to edit it and make links work. When one team is overwhelmed and the other is just whelmed, there's not really any way for the TA team to help the TT team out (and vice versa). In this instance, I'm thinking of something like PSX where there's plenty of news and very little news on TA by comparison.

The only caveat is that, theoretically, things would be written from a neutral standpoint, so TT wouldn't end up with Xbox exclusive content, but there may be an additional 3 words stating "and XB1 on *date*". It's additive, so though some might be bothered by that, it doesn't actually take anything away from anybody, and would actually allow for MORE news, reviews, editorials, etc because everybody's time would be able to be more efficiently used.

3) Are you NOT the most ardent of fanboys? Fantastic, because neither am I! I like my PlayStation news in the context of the larger gaming industry. I want to know what's going on with Xbox just as easily as I do with PlayStation. If you really value your PlayStation, then you also want to know what the competition is doing. As I mentioned above, the XB1 has immediate achievement tracking baked right into the box. Did that stunt jump count as 21 out of 100? On XB1, you can find out pretty easily. Considering how many of us are crazy achievement/trophy hunters, this is kind of important. But you will find that information NOWHERE on this site, when we should instead be making forum posts about how to get Sony to do something similar.

Further, if you DO keep up with TA to keep up on Xbox news, you are at least seeing several headlines on both sites, creating clutter that doesn't benefit you in any way. Is there Xbox exclusive content to a game? You might not know if you read it on TT first and then skipped past that article on TA. Perhaps you would have preferred to get the game on XB1 instead if you had known, but now you don't.

4) Community interaction: Very simply summed up, while you can imagine that a similar item is on the TA wishlist, do you know? A lot of people over there might be interested in this discussion, but are not having it because nobody started the conversation over there like they did here. Perhaps there are ideas over there that we would be interested in that haven't made the jump.

Or worse, there are two concurrent, nearly identical conversations happening, and the conversations aren't interacting at all.

5) I just up-voted an idea to be able to quickly and easily add TA friends on TT. Wouldn't need to do that.

... And the list goes on an on, some of which are already mentioned. As long as TT, TA, and TSA are not changed in the process, then the only real fear of this is that these original sites might become ghost towns as a result. For me, if I could give this all 15 of my votes, I would happily do that, even if it took a year or more to happen.
dexistheman
dexistheman
Posted on 14 May 16 at 16:17
Does anyone know if anyone has said anything about this? like the site developers? I went on TrueAchievements and its the most requested feature there too so they must have heard about it.
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 14 May 16 at 23:33
dexistheman said:Does anyone know if anyone has said anything about this? like the site developers? I went on TrueAchievements and its the most requested feature there too so they must have heard about it.I don't think they've said anything yet.
http://raptr.com/badge/Nomsheep/fs_overall.png
GAMERJET
GAMERJET
Posted on 15 May 16 at 01:45
Nomstuff said:dexistheman said:Does anyone know if anyone has said anything about this? like the site developers? I went on TrueAchievements and its the most requested feature there too so they must have heard about it.I don't think they've said anything yet.Nothing official yet. It will likely take some time to code and stuff. If it does happen, it will likely be announced by a news article shortly before the site is launched.
Remember to give credit to the person who got you to join the site!
ExtremePhobia
ExtremePhobia
Posted on 16 May 16 at 02:09
It's never been mentioned as far as I'm aware. The coding is handled, as far as I'm aware, by two people. Considering how delicate and complex the whole syatem it is, I have to imagine trying to set something like that up is akin to trying to make a 15 story glass building across country upon the roof of a VW Bug.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 May 16 at 08:49
ExtremePhobia said:trying to make a 15 story glass building across country upon the roof of a VW Bug.The new Top Gear is really stepping it up I hear... I'd watch that episode.
#TurnOffTrophyNotifications
Harris59
Harris59
Posted on 16 May 16 at 16:49
My only worry is it might become a bit divisive, activity on TT has had some lows over time and if the community is split between being on their individual sites (TT/TA/TSA) and this combination site it may lead TT to feeling a little lonely.
We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 16 May 16 at 17:56
ExtremePhobia said:It's never been mentioned as far as I'm aware. The coding is handled, as far as I'm aware, by two people. Considering how delicate and complex the whole syatem it is, I have to imagine trying to set something like that up is akin to trying to make a 15 story glass building across country upon the roof of a VW Bug.Three now, Jack, Rich and Doomful
http://raptr.com/badge/Nomsheep/fs_overall.png
dexistheman
dexistheman
Posted on 08 October 16 at 22:56
Still no news?
Prem-aka-Prince
Posted on 09 October 16 at 13:54, Edited on 09 October 16 at 13:57 by Prem-aka-Prince
There's still a lot of work to be done on both sites, and what with TT not being a big hit, I feel like this is probably the last thing on their minds.

I would love to be wrong, I can imagine a really simple implementation to begin with which brings together all your games, giving more complete series progress; combines your scores, ratios, and completion percentages to show a broader picture; shifts database updates to once a week to keep costs down in the focus more on lifetime progress than small single-point adjustments.

Edit: If it wasn't implied, this 'simple version' could be a display only site, so it doesn't split the community or hold too much original data. It could serve more to showcase and compare your overall progress, especially beneficial to those who have split interest between both platforms and not just one big number.
I'm sure I had a signature before...
jaffa_cake_king
Posted on 16 December 16 at 19:04
As someone who games on multiple platforms i'd welcome a site like this with an achievement/trophy feed and stats from Xbox, PlayStation and Steam all brought together in one place.
brickarys
brickarys
Posted on 27 March 17 at 20:40
dontVanek said:
The idea of a merger in my mind would simply only make the same achievements/trophies easier to look through for guides, due to TA have an abundance of people who are willing to write guides where as on TT no one cares to take the time out to write one or just not enough of traffic to correspond with guide writing.
^ This

My biggest gripe about the TT site is the lack of solutions on trophies. I can go over to my TA page and find the solutions for that achievement, but no one wants to take the time to make them for the TT site. Granted, I can click on a trophy and it will link me to the TA site, but I don't want to have to do that every time I want a solution for a trophy and right now, I'm having to do that.
Couladin71
Couladin71
Posted on 04 September 18 at 10:06
I dont mean to revive an old thread, (and this is slightly non-related), but I'd like to see you guys work your magic on WoW acheivements.
Dragonpwnsz
Dragonpwnsz
Posted on 27 April 19 at 17:16
Sorry to zombie this thread, but is there any news on whether or not this could be a thing?
I originally joined TA because Raptr stopped tracking console gaming, and then I also joined TT when I got a Playstation.
Raptr is now shut down as of September 2019, which has left a lot of people without the same tracking for PC.
If we had a feature with cross-tracking (the main reason I originally joined Raptr) the amount of traffic that would be brought to the TrueGaming Network sites, would be HUGE.
Support +1
Respect and Embrace Humility. Et Respicias Humilitatem Amplecti.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.