Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PS Plus Vote To Play Appears Again

• PunkyliarPunkyliar108,718
  • Posted on 03 February 16 at 16:28
    Probably BroForce. That looks the most entertaining out of the three. I was unaware this concept existed, though. It's super cool of them to do this.
  • Posted on 03 February 16 at 17:01
    ^^^ They did it once previously, when the games were Zombie Vikings, Armello & Grow Home. Grow Home won and I hated that game, as did several other people.
  • DixieGunThugDixieGunThug116,313
    Posted on 03 February 16 at 17:01
    Uggh. I'm still jaded from the last voting when that awful game, Gone Home I think it is called, won over Zombie Vikings, which still hasn't seen a sale that I'm aware of. I guess I'll vote for BroForce, but don't expect it to win.
  • Posted on 03 February 16 at 17:01
    I played the alpha and the beta for BroForce on the PC. I can't wait to cast my vote for this game. I've been waiting for this game to come to PSN forever it seems like.
  • Harris59Harris591,201,297
    Posted on 03 February 16 at 17:02, Edited on 03 February 16 at 17:26 by Harris59
    Vote button wasn't working for me yesterday but hopefully I can vote today, I'll be voting Asssult Android Cactus, for once I actually know all about all 3 of the games to pick from so I can make a properly informed decision, Broforce is quite boring despite its "exciting" gimmick, plays a bit like a watered down Super Time Force Ultra (another previous plus title) so I don't see the point in that. Action Henk is garbage, Google some gameplay and you'll see what I mean :/.

AAC is somewhat similar to some plus games in some areas but for the most part is different and therefore the most unique title, plus it's a blast, I have a feeling Broforce will win though, this is why I don't like vote to play, the masses vote and they won't even play the game anyway, I think Grow Home had a lot more votes than amount of players starting it xD Why should CoD players choose what games we get D: I would rather have no choice.

DixieGunThug said: I'll vote for BroForce, but don't expect it to win.You don't expect a game called BROforce to win when the masses vote for a game? It'll win by name alone so if you want it to win don't worry, it's almost assured, bro.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • PunkyliarPunkyliar108,718
    Posted on 03 February 16 at 18:11
    Harris59 said:Vote button wasn't working for me yesterday but hopefully I can vote today,As shown in the image above, voting opens on February 9th and ends on February 22nd.
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault308,497
    Posted on 03 February 16 at 18:31
    Assault Android Cactus.
  • Posted on 03 February 16 at 19:14
    I'm most interested in Assault Android Cactus, but considering we already have Helldivers this month I'm going to have to go with Broforce.
  • Posted on 03 February 16 at 21:43
    On the positive side,
    Grow Home was an easy and relaxing game, not too long and accessible to all ages and audiences.
    Armello, another choice for that vote, turned out to be excellent: I bought it on release to support it and not only was it very good from day 1, but it got quick patches that fixed and even improved it, adding even more cards and custom games into the mix. Plus it had a platinum.

Looking at this month,
    Action Henk reminds me of Joe Danger or Doritos Crash Course, or even Micro machines (not the video game) and Toy Story.
    Assault Android Cactus looks interesting, an ambitious blend of east and west styles, and if they say it's part Bullet Hell then I guess the trophies will have a rewarding high ratio. And the co-op looks good. Reminds me of Dead Nation co-op.
    Broforce looks like Contra except with way more destruction, a modern update for the classic action games (with today's necessary online co-op). As proof, these guys had a blast playing it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii_BGeZWhRA

I haven't decided yet what I'm going to vote for. Based on last time I feel like we're just voting blind without any info on the price and trophy list.
    Aw crap can't put a positive spin on that
  • DixieGunThugDixieGunThug116,313
    Posted on 03 February 16 at 23:05
    Harris59 said:DixieGunThug said: I'll vote for BroForce, but don't expect it to win.You don't expect a game called BROforce to win when the masses vote for a game? It'll win by name alone so if you want it to win don't worry, it's almost assured, bro. Haha! Bro, if a game with "Zombie" in the title didn't win the masses vote, I don't expect "Bro" to win them over either.
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,153
    Posted on 04 February 16 at 00:43
    Definitely Action Hank for me. Me and friends enjoyed the hilarity of Doritos Crash Course (£0 well spent!), and it looks like it's in that vein. :)
  • Rick_NyaRick_Nya1,459,057
    Posted on 04 February 16 at 01:33
    I´ll vote for Cactus.
    But we all know the worst game will win, which is this action hank crap.
    If there´s something we learned from first vote to play is that people are stupid.
  • Posted on 04 February 16 at 20:44
    MonkeyBrad91 said:Definitely Action Hank for me. Me and friends enjoyed the hilarity of Doritos Crash Course (£0 well spent!), and it looks like it's in that vein. :)+1
    Balls................ Funder....Balls.
    Posted on 05 February 16 at 00:42
    Rick_Nya said:people are stupid.Took you long enough to work that one out :P
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,153
    Posted on 05 February 16 at 01:28
    Rick_Nya said:I´ll vote for Cactus.
    But we all know the worst game will win, which is this action hank crap.
    If there´s something we learned from first vote to play is that people are stupid.
    It's opinion based. Just because a larger amount of people has a differing opinion to you, doesn't make them stupid. I voted Armello in the last one, but Grow Home was my second choice - It was a relaxing, casual game that I enjoyed. Similarly in this one, I don't think the other two would be my type of game, so I'm voting for Action Henk.
    Posted on 05 February 16 at 03:46
    Monkey I see what you're saying but the problem is the masses are usually voting blind for dumb stuff, they likely won't even play it themselves at all, it's not about a differing opinion but more dumb people voting dumb and ruining if for those who care and make use of the service.

If you want to vote a game I dislike and you like, go ahead I encourage you to vote and I'd love to see our games duke it out for first place, but if none of the games interest you and you won't play any of them and don't really know or care about any why vote? Grow Home, last vote winner won for the wrong reasons and the amount of people who voted and didn't play it is mindblowing!
  • Posted on 05 February 16 at 04:03
    Funderballs_007 said:MonkeyBrad91 said:Definitely Action Hank for me. Me and friends enjoyed the hilarity of Doritos Crash Course (£0 well spent!), and it looks like it's in that vein. :)+1Yup, I'm with you both! I had an absolute blast with Doritos Crash Course so this one looks like the pick of the bunch for me.
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • ZoeperJZoeperJ34,461
    Posted on 05 February 16 at 11:38
    I'd vote for BroForce if in the end it will end up being Action Hank I wouldn't mind, but the last vote (as most already mentioned) resulted in Grow Home...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 February 16 at 13:08, Edited on 06 February 16 at 13:09 by
    So people are still angry for others voting for Grow Home, and they're angry in advance for people voting for Action Henk... Fun.

I voted for Grow Home the last time and I had a blast, those other two games did not grab my interest.

None of these new three games make me immediately want to play them...
    A_Tennis_Giraffe said:Funderballs_007 said:MonkeyBrad91 said:Definitely Action Hank for me. Me and friends enjoyed the hilarity of Doritos Crash Course (£0 well spent!), and it looks like it's in that vein. :)+1Yup, I'm with you both! I had an absolute blast with Doritos Crash Course so this one looks like the pick of the bunch for me.I'll vote for Action Henk as well, just like with you all mostly because it seems as fun as (the second!) Doritos Crash Course.

AAC: I'm not into this type of game. If it goes on for free, I'll probably check if any TT'ers want to play this with me.

Broforce: Mèh. I'm kinda done with the whole 8bit graphics schtick. I'll play games with such graphics occasionally if the gameplay seems awesome (Super Meat Boy, Stealth Inc., Fez, Eversion, Papers Please) or if it's an actual retro game from when this was the best there was (Super Star Wars, Monkey Island, Day Of The Tentacle). Broforce is certainly not the latter and doesn't seem to be the former.
    http://starwarsrpgrecaps.blogspot.com
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads