Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PS Plus Games: February 2016

• AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,294,750
    Posted on 30 January 16 at 13:48
    Flopsy64 said:Love Lemmings Touch, bought the game way back when it came out and have not regretted it.

You lot are so lucky to be able to download it for free now
    Agreed! Such a great instalment to a classic series. Really gets you thinking as well if you don't use a guide (I couldn't as I was one of the first to beat it and none had been made yet lol).

Not overly excited about the other games this month but oh well, can't win 'em all. :P
  • Posted on 30 January 16 at 14:31
    AtsumaKarin said:Flopsy64 said:Love Lemmings Touch, bought the game way back when it came out and have not regretted it.
    You lot are so lucky to be able to download it for free now
    Agreed! Such a great instalment to a classic series. Really gets you thinking as well if you don't use a guide (I couldn't as I was one of the first to beat it and none had been made yet lol).

Not overly excited about the other games this month but oh well, can't win 'em all. :P
    You have a lot of puzzle and platformer games on your profile, are you sure you wouldn't like Nova-111? TT has it listed as a puzzle game, though I think it's more about the exploration and quick thinking.
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,294,750
    Posted on 30 January 16 at 17:27, Edited on 30 January 16 at 17:29 by AtsumaKarin
    Prem-aka-Prince said:You have a lot of puzzle and platformer games on your profile, are you sure you wouldn't like Nova-111? TT has it listed as a puzzle game, though I think it's more about the exploration and quick thinking.I might do but I don't really know much about it. :P It's probably the one I'm most likely to try. Would've said P4A: Ultimax but it's the second one and follows on from the last one, plus beat-em-ups aren't typically my thing.

I know someone who could definitely give me some tips if needed should I play Nova-111 though! :D
  • Posted on 30 January 16 at 18:54
    AtsumaKarin said:I might do but I don't really know much about it. :P It's probably the one I'm most likely to try. Would've said P4A: Ultimax but it's the second one and follows on from the last one, plus beat-em-ups aren't typically my thing.In passing on P4AU the IGN review I watched today said that its story elements are very strong for a fighting game, but it's set after the end of P4 so probably a bit spoilery for most people who are still hoping to get to that later.

For N1 I would say the 1 minute trailer included in this article is a pretty good demonstration of the dynamic, the basic movement, variety, and the hectic nature of later levels. But there's a 20 minute video from Nerd cubed which is a very good introduction to the early gameplay and worth a watch for anyone considering it (nevermind that most people have already immediately dismissed it).
    It has commentary and a fairly brisk pace, and I wouldn't say it spoils anything either.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJeUbHwrdBA
  • Harris59Harris591,091,647
    Posted on 31 January 16 at 11:01, Edited on 31 January 16 at 11:08 by Harris59
    Yet again Plus never disappoints, so glad to have kept hold of this service for so long, really building a fantastic library for next to no cost whatsoever, the price of less than my lunch for another month of games, whoop whoop.

Helldivers, honestly I was curious about it when it released but now I dont need to shell out for it I'm much more inclined to give it a go!

Nom Nom Galaxy, not too sure, might hit the backlog to play eventually if I have nothing else to play.

Grid Autosport, never been a fan of racing games but I did enjoy Grid 2 when that hit Plus in the past and many said Grid 2 was the inferior game of the series and that Autosport puts it back on the right track so I am really interested in giving this a whirl at some point.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, very much not my style of game at all, not the genre but the actual game style itself... Persona in general is something I've never tried or given much of a chance and I feel like this is a good opportunity to do so, I may be right with my predictions I'll dislike it but free is a price worth trying for.

Nova-111, I haven't really formed an opinion, therefore it'll just go on the backlog unless I get the sudden passion for it.

Also I haven't ignored Lemmings, I love Lemmings, used to play it on my Amiga but I don't have and probably never will have a VITA.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • BarsoomianBarsoomian334,592
    Posted on 01 February 16 at 14:52
    As a fan of Q-Games work, Nom Nom Galaxy is a bit disappointing. The soup farming and base building gameplay is OK, but the game is fundamentally flawed by having every level be winnable with the same simple strategy:

1. First day, look around, and collect the money resource.
    2. Start building a base of 2 or 3 floors. Top floor is several rockets. Next floor is several soup machines. Bottom floor is ingredient farming. Or combine the lower two floors if you have room.
    3. Regardless of what interesting ingredients there may be in that map, and regardless how big the map is, you only need to farm your little garden of basic stuff to win. Each can sent adds 5% marketshare on the path to 100%, and while more interesting soups net you more credits to expand your base more, you don't really need those, and the time it takes to acquire them isn't really worth it, unless you've filled your base with robots to keep farming your little garden. Just keep sending a few basic cans each day and you win.

The platinum will take about 30 hours btw, including spending about an hour or a little more in someone else's game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.