Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Escapists: The Walking Dead Announced

• Posted on 23 January 16 at 02:08
    Super cool!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 January 16 at 22:49
    HAH!

Never played Escapists and was never interested but I just might look into this.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • PostmortimusPostmortimus245,608
    Posted on 26 January 16 at 12:58
    How is this "unexpected"? It already was released back in September on Xbox One.

Cool for the PlayStation base that it's finally being released on this system though.
  • Posted on 26 January 16 at 14:09
    Postmortimus said:How is this "unexpected"? It already was released back in September on Xbox One.
    The could have just released 700 brand new AAA games on the One in the last week and I wouldn't have known it, so I definitely wouldn't have heard about this.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 January 16 at 20:19
    munchmagic1986 said:Postmortimus said:How is this "unexpected"? It already was released back in September on Xbox One.
    The could have just released 700 brand new AAA games on the One in the last week and I wouldn't have known it, so I definitely wouldn't have heard about this.
    I didn't know about it either. Anyways, doesn't matter if it's been out outside of Sony consoles - the wording is correct, it was unexpected of them to do, doesn't matter if they did it half a year ago, it was unexpected back then smile
    Posted on 26 January 16 at 21:53
    BillyHorrible said:munchmagic1986 said:Postmortimus said:How is this "unexpected"? It already was released back in September on Xbox One.
    I didn't know about it either. Anyways, doesn't matter if it's been out outside of Sony consoles - the wording is correct, it was unexpected of them to do, doesn't matter if they did it half a year ago, it was unexpected back then smile
    Understandable. I just thought there was a "shared pool" of newshounds for the True"..." sites. For a moment I thought maybe what I saw on the One was a mistake. Went and checked it out and noticed it had a September release date.

It doesn't surprise me that they're finally bringing this to the PSN. They brought the original over sometime last year, so it's about time they brought this one over. Now PS4 owners can now finally enjoy this game.

Hopefully they lower the price because it's $20 on the One. Don't get me wrong, The Escapist games are fun but $20 seems a bit steep for a digital only indie game. Good sale purchase though.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 January 16 at 22:27, Edited on 26 January 16 at 22:29 by
    There is something of a "shared" pool of writers. As far as I know, any cross-platform game gets written about by TA writers. In this case however, it seems that since the game has been out for so long on X1 already, TT writers could write about it themselves.

I'm definitely not paying €20 for this (I know you mention $ but sadly the Euro price is often just the dollar price with a euro sign instead of an actual conversion). Maybe if it's €5 I'll try it out but definitely not more than that, it's not my type of game. I'm only interested because it's The Walking Dead.
    Posted on 26 January 16 at 23:52
    BillyHorrible said:There is something of a "shared" pool of writers. As far as I know, any cross-platform game gets written about by TA writers. In this case however, it seems that since the game has been out for so long on X1 already, TT writers could write about it themselves.

I'm definitely not paying €20 for this (I know you mention $ but sadly the Euro price is often just the dollar price with a euro sign instead of an actual conversion). Maybe if it's €5 I'll try it out but definitely not more than that, it's not my type of game. I'm only interested because it's The Walking Dead.
    That makes sense. I noticed as well that cross-platform news seemed to be written for all sites at the same time. I don't think negatively about this article, it just threw me off initially.

That really sucks that currency conversion doesn't happen with most digital games. I can't begin to understand while that practice is in effect but at least there are sales sometimes. roll

The Escapist games are definitely not for everyone. They can be a bit tedious and time consuming if you don't know what to do. I've yet to get into it on my Xbox profile , since I got it on sale, but I sat down and played it with a friend of mine who said I would enjoy it (he had practically mastered the game). As with you, I'm more interested in the Walking Dead version since I like the franchise. I like how it follow the comics more so than the show as well. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the show, I just enjoyed the comic more.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads