Community News

News for and about the commnunity. Only TT Newshounds can start threads here.

The TrueTrophies Game of the Year 2015

• PunkyliarPunkyliar108,807
  • Posted on 07 January 16 at 18:49
    Naturally nothing at all I voted for even made the list.
    PSN: BardinAeducan
  • Rick_NyaRick_Nya1,458,812
    Posted on 07 January 16 at 18:50
    Nah.
    Disagree with almost everything.
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault306,746
    Posted on 07 January 16 at 19:12
    Fallout 4 is the best. This just made my day!
  • Posted on 07 January 16 at 19:15
    Dunno how Rocket League is a proud Platinum, it's incredibly easy even if you're terrible at it. Fun game, but by no means a difficult Platinum at all.
  • Posted on 07 January 16 at 19:38
    Ofcourse Fallout 4 is up there

I agree with a lot of these, too bad the ones I voted mainly for aren't up! Bloodborne is though
    lovely game
  • Posted on 07 January 16 at 20:00, Edited on 07 January 16 at 20:01 by MysticalShadow86
    A shame Fallout 4 won game of the year and best RPG, from what i've played so far i'm not that impressed with it. The Witcher 3 is a far more enjoyable game.
  • Posted on 07 January 16 at 20:32
    I'm pretty satisfied with this GOTY list especially when comparing it to the terrible list from Achievement Hunter. Even so, Fallout 4 should be lower on the list and how the heck did Siege not even make the top shooter list. It's leagues better than Battlefront, BO3 and The Order.
  • Posted on 07 January 16 at 20:38
    I'm really please LiS won best Adventure Game. Couldn't really vote for it on here as I've only played the 360 version, but what an awesome adventure it was. Chloe > Arcadia all day long!
    I am a leaf on the wind...
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,448
    Posted on 07 January 16 at 20:45
    Haha, masshole. Very good. Nice list! Surprised at persona DAN getting so much love! And yeah the rocket league platinum is pants, but i guess a lot of ppl played it so those without too many trophies to be proud of more this year can all vote for it. Same reason for utopia coliseum coming up in best dlc list; it was only one map! laugh it was free though!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 January 16 at 20:46, Edited on 07 January 16 at 20:48 by
    Quite good results, but my god that click spoiler for every single game got annoying!
    You can't fix stupid if it don't broke!
  • davem300490davem300490469,378
    Posted on 07 January 16 at 21:06
    How did Failout 4 win most stuff!? What a horrible game it is!
    Walkthrough Manager, Newshound, Game Info and gamer. General all round nice guy
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 January 16 at 21:16
    Meh
    [URL=http://www.truetrophies.com/johngenegenie.htm][IMG]http://www.truetrophies.com/gamercards/johngenegenie.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • Posted on 07 January 16 at 21:20
    MysticalShadow86 said:A shame Fallout 4 won game of the year and best RPG, from what i've played so far i'm not that impressed with it. The Witcher 3 is a far more enjoyable game.From what I've seen over the past several years on numerous sites with awards like this most people only think back on the past 3-4 months when voting. 9/10 it's the game that came out within that time frame before the awards are done that win, at least with the major genre categories anyways.
    PSN: BardinAeducan
  • D72shadowD72shadow693,201
    Posted on 07 January 16 at 21:34
    I love both games, but i am surprised Fallout 4 beat Witcher 3. As you can see in the comments it is much more of a polarizing game in which people either hate it or love it.
  • Salt_AUSalt_AU706,394
    Posted on 07 January 16 at 23:35
    Fallout 4 was well deserved. I'd have Bloodborne at number two and MGS V at number three though. The Witcher 3 is incredibly over rated in my opinion. Repetitive quests, repetitive world environments, no character creation, no world object interaction, shallow and boring combat (can't step over an ankle high fence in combat?), easy difficulty (yes, played it on Death March), absolutely no world content outside of the massive number of repetitive sub quest markers, asinine convoluted storyline. I could go on.
  • Posted on 08 January 16 at 00:55
    Don't care, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 was my GoTY. Glad to see it actually placed somewhere on the list.

Why are people proud of the Bloodborne Platinum? It's the easiest of all Souls games.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 January 16 at 01:27, Edited on 08 January 16 at 02:30 by
    davem300490 said:How did Failout 4 win most stuff!? What a horrible game it is!It's not a bad game, in fact I thought it was very good but it's certainly not GotY for me. Just Cause didn't even make the list that's what I find shocking!!
  • CyanaxCyanax180,986
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 02:09, Edited on 08 January 16 at 02:10 by Cyanax
    I've been meaning to play Axiom Verge since it released. I should really get on that. I will no doubt play MGSV at some point. After all the hype I'll probably play Life Is Strange but without believing any of the hype; I've been thoroughly disappointed with every episodic, over-hyped game I've played so it's tough to imagine this one being any different. I'll have to try to keep an open mind.
    Pretend inferiority and encourage their arrogance.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 January 16 at 03:29, Edited on 08 January 16 at 03:30 by
    Cyanax, maybe they're not overhyped and it's just that episodic gaming isn't for you?

Life is Strange was amazing for me, but that doesn't mean you'll like it. They're are some things I would most certainly change about the game, like the way the characters speak to each other!! ARRRGGGHHH HELLA!!!! but the storyline was appealing to me. I'd not recommend it to anyone though because these games have a niche market that some just don't take too.

Have a look at the synopsis of the game and see what you think.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads