Gaming News Forum

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Screens for Final Fantasy VII Remake

AuthorMessage
BlueSeptember17
Posted on 23 December 15 at 20:07
Not sure about those sunglasses...

Please click here to read the story: Screens for Final Fantasy VII Remake
Prem-aka-Prince
Posted on 23 December 15 at 20:25, Edited on 23 December 15 at 20:26 by Prem-aka-Prince
He's so cool he needs sunglasses even in a city where it's dark all the damn time!
Like Morpheus. That cool. shock
Midgar and 'the real world' in the matrix film are quite alike in that sense.
=Semper Fi=
Taku_The_Legend
Posted on 23 December 15 at 20:31
O.O THIS LOOKS SO PRETTY
LionSquirrel02
Posted on 23 December 15 at 21:09
Sure hope this game actually comes out.
ExtremePhobia
150,460
ExtremePhobia
Posted on 23 December 15 at 21:28
I don't mind the glasses so much, but they are a little over the top and unnecessary.

Honestly, it's quite silly actually. I think it would have been hugely appropriate if he didn't wear them until you left Midgar. After spending so much time living under that giant pizza, I imagine a person would be quite photosensitive. Seems like a missed opportunity to me.
Najinceil
441,752
Najinceil
Posted on 23 December 15 at 21:49, Edited on 23 December 15 at 21:50 by Najinceil
Cloud has prettier eyes than me

DANGIT
Tracidic
857,914
Tracidic
Posted on 24 December 15 at 03:49
ExtremePhobia said:I don't mind the glasses so much, but they are a little over the top and unnecessary.

Honestly, it's quite silly actually. I think it would have been hugely appropriate if he didn't wear them until you left Midgar. After spending so much time living under that giant pizza, I imagine a person would be quite photosensitive. Seems like a missed opportunity to me.
Everything about FFVII is over the top and unnecessary ;)
MoonshadowStorm
Posted on 24 December 15 at 06:56
Looks awesome. I can't wait to play it.
Lispless
91,331
Lispless
Posted on 24 December 15 at 16:07
Everyone needs to stop calling this a remake. It's a reboot.
Prem-aka-Prince
Posted on 24 December 15 at 16:43, Edited on 24 December 15 at 16:44 by Prem-aka-Prince
Lispless said:Everyone needs to stop calling this a remake. It's a reboot.Reboots reset the canon, remakes just supersede the original but follow the same structure and continue to fit with other existing works. I haven't seen any evidence that it's a reboot, do you have a link?
=Semper Fi=
ExtremePhobia
150,460
ExtremePhobia
Posted on 25 December 15 at 02:46
Prem-aka-Prince said:Lispless said:Everyone needs to stop calling this a remake. It's a reboot.Reboots reset the canon, remakes just supersede the original but follow the same structure and continue to fit with other existing works. I haven't seen any evidence that it's a reboot, do you have a link?...Also... I'm fairly certain that it's current working title is Final Fantasy VII Remake. I also have to agree with the "canon" concept. If anything, it looks like this is bringing FFVII in line with Crisis Core and Advent Children more than anything, so it's not rebooting the universe, just refreshing that particular story.
ExtremePhobia
150,460
ExtremePhobia
Posted on 25 December 15 at 02:48
Tracidic said:ExtremePhobia said:I don't mind the glasses so much, but they are a little over the top and unnecessary.

Honestly, it's quite silly actually. I think it would have been hugely appropriate if he didn't wear them until you left Midgar. After spending so much time living under that giant pizza, I imagine a person would be quite photosensitive. Seems like a missed opportunity to me.
Everything about FFVII is over the top and unnecessary ;)
... touche good sir/madam... Then in that case, I posit that them glasses need a little more pizzazz!
BlueSeptember17
Posted on 26 December 15 at 07:41
ExtremePhobia said:I don't mind the glasses so much, but they are a little over the top and unnecessary.

Honestly, it's quite silly actually. I think it would have been hugely appropriate if he didn't wear them until you left Midgar. After spending so much time living under that giant pizza, I imagine a person would be quite photosensitive. Seems like a missed opportunity to me.
He's also a coal miner. You just don't see shades on many coal miners...
Nobody but you...
Cyanax
63,175
Cyanax
Posted on 27 December 15 at 03:12
Damn, that looks really good.
Pretend inferiority and encourage their arrogance.
Lispless
91,331
Lispless
Posted on 28 December 15 at 14:57
Prem-aka-Prince said:Lispless said:Everyone needs to stop calling this a remake. It's a reboot.Reboots reset the canon, remakes just supersede the original but follow the same structure and continue to fit with other existing works. I haven't seen any evidence that it's a reboot, do you have a link?You're 100% right. I'm not going to do any arguing, but if the modernization of the combat, liberties taken with maps, and alterations to aesthetics aren't a tip off of other changes to come, you'll have to wait for the game.
kimifair
Posted on 28 December 15 at 18:14
I heard it won't be ready until 2017, not next year. Also Cloud's face looks a bit odd...and Barret's sunglasses are definitely unnecessary, he is bad ass without them. I'm looking forward to this but also a bit apprehensive at the same time. After they changed the character models for FFXV I'm a little worried. Cloud's hair is also the wrong style here :/ check out his hair in the new Dissidia arcade game, that looks more like the original style.
MisterMacclad
117,325
MisterMacclad
Posted on 28 December 15 at 19:44, Edited on 28 December 15 at 19:56 by munchmagic1986
ChubbyHatred887
Posted on 03 January 16 at 17:52
Cool but before that i'll be downloading the original,then rogue galaxy,dark cloud and probably the gta's as well.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueTrophies to track your games and trophies correctly, we need to be able to access your trophy information. If your trophies are not being scanned, it is likely that your PlayStation account privacy settings need reconfiguring - it is possible to do this via a console.

1. Start up your console and navigate to and press the "Settings" button on the dashboard


2. Select "Account Management" on the settings screen


3. Select "Privacy Settings" on the account management screen


4. Select "Games" in the privacy settings screen


5. Select "Trophies" in the following screen


6. Change the value to "Anyone" and press "Confirm"
×