Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TT Top Five: What We Hope to See from Kojima

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 December 15 at 15:47
    To be honest Prince, I've only skimmed the conversation and have no real input to make other than the comment I wrote above about Kojima being a little odd towards women, the rest I've wrote was kinda second guessing what the "bigger picture" conversation was all about.

Maybe I should actually read it rather than keep butting in wink
    You can't fix stupid if it don't broke!
  • LisplessLispless160,488
    Posted on 24 December 15 at 16:33
    Kojima has always written strong, independent women. The fairer sex in MG has more often than not been in control, rarely needed a man to save them, and rarely charmed by men. It's sad to see all the pedestrian negativity. The entire point of MG is to learn from The Boss. She alone made the biggest sacrifices and impacts on the world.

Oh, but Quite has huge breasts; Kojima's so sexist. Yeah, let's just ignore her and rest of the female cast. 'Cause, you know, Merril can't live without a man telling her what to do, Sniper Wolf can't live without a man to love, and EVA is just so pathetic and a poor spy because she's manipulated by everyone.

Grow up.

There's nothing sadder than people that cry sexist over sexualization when there's so much character depth. In fact, the joke's on you. It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.
  • Posted on 24 December 15 at 16:35, Edited on 24 December 15 at 16:41 by Prem-aka-Prince
    ExtremePhobia said:If debating whether something is ok or not is NOT a moral discussion, then, hell, this must be an existential debate.Not sure if sarcastic. Don't be so dramatic, you know conversations don't fall into one of two preset categories. computeJoystiQz-_-z said:To be honest Prince, I've only skimmed the conversation...
    Maybe I should actually read it rather than keep butting in wink
    Nah, it makes you a more effective impartial third party. compute Read or not read you still have every right to comment. As long as you're not commenting just for the sake of trolling, which I know you wouldn't normally do. dive
    Lispless said:Grow up.
    There's nothing sadder than people that cry sexist over sexualization when there's so much character depth. In fact, the joke's on you. It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wAga2DtRHQI/Uyp61dPoGmI/AAAAA....gif
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 24 December 15 at 17:52, Edited on 24 December 15 at 18:07 by ExtremePhobia
    It was partially a joke, though your comment was appropriately existential wink. You suspected it may have been a joke [and we're right), but you called me dramatic anyway. And then you go on to say that you know that I know better while continuing to knowingly interpret my statement incorrectly long enough to lecture me about the way you know I meant it.

Wha...?
  • Posted on 24 December 15 at 18:00
    ExtremePhobia said:It was partially a joke, though your comment was appropriately existential wink. You suspected it may have been a joke [and we're right), but you called me dramatic anyway. And then you go on to say that you know that I know better while continuing to knowingly interpret my statement incorrectly long enough to lecture me about the way you know I meant it.
    Wha...?
    Did any of that paragraph serve any purpose? dive
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 24 December 15 at 18:26
    I don't know. I think the whole thing is quite ironically salient and does a good job of illistrating the discussion so far laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads