Bug Reports

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Malfunctioning Scanners

• StuTheChiefStuTheChief6,357,208
    Posted on 06 August 21 at 20:44
    I've noticed a few people in my feed with the same duplicate trophy issue
  • Posted on 06 August 21 at 21:28
    Hi everyone!

Yes, the feeds are spammy again. It's unlikely to be fixed until Monday morning, as the development team are moving offices this weekend. Keep unlocking trophies, and it'll all get sorted on Monday. None of your streaks or stats should be impacted from this.
  • BasNederlandBasNederland385,105
    Posted on 07 August 21 at 14:48
    Good to see, I have now the problem with duplicates as well. So far only with the Vita version of FIFA 13.
  • MathGuy42zMathGuy42z142,946
    Posted on 07 August 21 at 15:28
    JimB_2009 said:
    richUK said:
    hey - the issue with trophies appearing in the feed, but not registering against the game has re-appeared. I've had some dual-notifications of trophies in my feed just now, but nothing is appearing in the won list on the game.

In this case, for me, today - Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.
    Having the same issue with trophies showing twice in feed and not against the game. Game is Vikings: Wolves of Midgard
    I'm experiencing the same with MathGuy42z's trophies in LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean so it's affecting PS3 also.
  • Posted on 07 August 21 at 15:51
    It is a general issue with trophies scanning in at the moment. The devs are aware of it though. As Shadow has said, there is an office move in progress at the moment, so unlikely it will be looked at until Monday. It is a top priority though
  • MathGuy42zMathGuy42z142,946
    Posted on 07 August 21 at 18:04
    FYI, the LEGO Pirates trophies eventually transferred to the game page, though now they appear in triplicate on my feed. (I understand this probably won't be fixed until Monday. Just reporting a possible new behavior.)
  • Posted on 07 August 21 at 20:28
    The multiple entries on the feed is a side affect of the issue. Most likely those won't be cleared at all as they will eventually fall off the feed anyway. The issue causing them to appear multiple times should stop happening though :)
  • KGI_KlikoNLKGI_KlikoNL131,120
    Posted on 08 August 21 at 10:10
    BeardedScot86 said:
    It is a general issue with trophies scanning in at the moment. The devs are aware of it though. As Shadow has said, there is an office move in progress at the moment, so unlikely it will be looked at until Monday. It is a top priority though
    Shadow_Kisuragi said:
    Hi everyone!

Yes, the feeds are spammy again. It's unlikely to be fixed until Monday morning, as the development team are moving offices this weekend. Keep unlocking trophies, and it'll all get sorted on Monday. None of your streaks or stats should be impacted from this.
    Good luck moving and don't drop something on the way wink
    Started gaming on NES, before it was Retro [laugh].
  • DerHerzeleidDerHerzeleid2,585,131
    Posted on 08 August 21 at 14:00
    Hoping that I regain my original rank before dropping 120 ranks on leaderboard.. -.-
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,280
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 00:59
    DerHerzeleid said:
    Hoping that I regain my original rank before dropping 120 ranks on leaderboard.. -.-
    I think that's just where new people have been scanned in to the site that weren't on it for whatever reason. I'm assuming anyway as I went from 5.7k on the leaderboard to 6k overnight.
    Xbox caught race to 400,000TT begins.
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 07:08
    SolaceCreed said:
    DerHerzeleid said:
    I think that's just where new people have been scanned in to the site that weren't on it for whatever reason. I'm assuming anyway as I went from 5.7k on the leaderboard to 6k overnight.
    I don't think so, not many people are above 2000 rank would of joined and this happened over night as well. Also I noticed a few people who were below my rank suddenly shot right up there. =/
  • Posted on 09 August 21 at 11:41
    DerHerzeleid said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    DerHerzeleid said:
    I don't think so, not many people are above 2000 rank would of joined and this happened over night as well. Also I noticed a few people who were below my rank suddenly shot right up there. =/
    As part of the mitigation for the issue over the weekend, trophy data was being backfilled. I believe, as part of this, we started scanning users that were previously "Untrackable" due to privacy settings or other reasons, which we stop trying to scan until they're manually scanned again (because, why keep scanning something if we expect it to fail). These users scanned in a large amount of trophies which impacted some of the decay and rankings. This all fell off after Saturday however, so looks like that's just a one-time thing.

The scanners are currently paused while the fix is being put into place today, which will require a significant amount of time to roll out. Please expect the scanners to be paused for most of the day as a result, but we're fairly confident that this should resolve the problem moving forward. Thank you.
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 15:23
    Shadow_Kisuragi said:
    DerHerzeleid said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    DerHerzeleid said:
    As part of the mitigation for the issue over the weekend, trophy data was being backfilled. I believe, as part of this, we started scanning users that were previously "Untrackable" due to privacy settings or other reasons, which we stop trying to scan until they're manually scanned again (because, why keep scanning something if we expect it to fail). These users scanned in a large amount of trophies which impacted some of the decay and rankings. This all fell off after Saturday however, so looks like that's just a one-time thing.

The scanners are currently paused while the fix is being put into place today, which will require a significant amount of time to roll out. Please expect the scanners to be paused for most of the day as a result, but we're fairly confident that this should resolve the problem moving forward. Thank you.
    Take your time, i guess.
    I will most likely be still stuck at work tomorrow god so help me, as you can tell I’m not too thrilled to go to work!
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,280
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 20:04
    Shadow_Kisuragi said:
    DerHerzeleid said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    DerHerzeleid said:

I did think so, this was the reason last time I slipped a load of places. Gives me an extra goal now though, so I'm rather happy in a way.
    Xbox caught race to 400,000TT begins.
  • TrueTrophyTrueTrophy13,467
    Posted on 10 August 21 at 09:59
    Good morning everyone!

I am pleased to say we have just completed a complete rebuild of the main trophy unlock table.

This table has more than 1.5 billion rows in it, so it took almost 24 hours to copy over all the data!

However, the great news is, all the scanners are hammering away and inserting trophy data concurrently and there's not been a single error come through in the last hour. So we should be good from here on in!

Thank you so much for your patience during this time smile

I've queued up everyone that has feed unlocks but not matching trophy data for a complete rescan. That will probably take a few hours to get through.
  • Posted on 19 September 21 at 04:35
    Thanks I love ufc 3 and 4
  • hellsfatehellsfate2,086,015
    Posted on 25 September 21 at 01:14
    I'm not too sure if i post here or not but I'm doing the hangman event and i popped a letter A about 2 hours ago ,scanned a few times but it isn't showing up
    Posted on 25 September 21 at 02:15
    after looking into it a little more it turns out it isnt a server scan issue but a trophy name issue for metro exodus on here the trophy is called complete road map , while on psn its called all road map
  • Posted on 25 September 21 at 13:01
    hellsfate said:
    after looking into it a little more it turns out it isnt a server scan issue but a trophy name issue for metro exodus on here the trophy is called complete road map , while on psn its called all road map
    PS5 version is "All road map" and PS4 version is "Complete road map" on PSN. Just verified. Sadly just them not being consistent on trophy naming. toast
    Posted on 25 September 21 at 14:44
    odd my ps4 version is All road map lol ,I haven't looked at the ps5 versions list yet on PSN . that's the main reason I thought it was a sync issue as I saw an A pop so I synced saw nothing so gave it a few hours tried again and still nothing.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads