Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Dates and Details

• ZoeperJZoeperJ35,589
    Posted on 10 December 15 at 07:41
    I am still not sure about these titles. As a fan I'd say I need to get these titles, but having seen some gameplay I am still unsure...

I still hope that Ubi'll release Rogue for PS4 (and XBONE).
  • Posted on 10 December 15 at 09:44
    I like them. Chronicles China was gorgeous.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 December 15 at 15:09
    I was disappointed with China at first but then I gave it another shot and I liked it. Will definitely get these two games but I'm not sure about a day one purchase yet.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,460
    Posted on 10 December 15 at 17:13
    These games seem perfect for the Vita!
    The King of Hyrule
  • Posted on 10 December 15 at 17:23
    I was thinking of grabbing CHINA this week for only $2.50. From the looks of CHINA, it reminds me of something on SNES back in the day.
  • DixieGunThugDixieGunThug119,960
    Posted on 10 December 15 at 18:44
    AGNOSTICMADBALL said:I was thinking of grabbing CHINA this week for only $2.50. From the looks of CHINA, it reminds me of something on SNES back in the day. I picked it up on the sale and it is definitely worth $2.50. I've only played the first level, but I really enjoyed it.
  • NuPhoenixXNuPhoenixX95,650
    Posted on 10 December 15 at 20:03
    I'm waiting for some sort of bundle for the 3 of them and/or the Vita versions. Whichever comes first.
  • Posted on 10 December 15 at 23:56
    NuPhoenixX said:I'm waiting for some sort of bundle for the 3 of them and/or the Vita versions. Whichever comes first.Ubisoft has announced that there will be an Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack available for download in addition to a hard copy version available in stores on February 9th as well. This trilogy pack will also be making its way to the Playstation Vita at a later date of April 5th...Did you read the whole article...
    ...anyway my main thought it why have they gone with a Muslim name (especially in these times when it's cool to hate Muslims), I don't know what 1841 India was like it's been a long time since I was there but 2011 data shows only 14% Muslim, 80% Hindu, just seems ridiculous to me that they would go with a Muslim name on a game specifically set in India.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 December 15 at 07:02, Edited on 11 December 15 at 07:04 by
    Prem-aka-Prince said:...anyway my main thought it why have they gone with a Muslim name (especially in these times when it's cool to hate Muslims), I don't know what 1841 India was like it's been a long time since I was there but 2011 data shows only 14% Muslim, 80% Hindu, just seems ridiculous to me that they would go with a Muslim name on a game specifically set in India.1) Is Arbaaz Mir explicitly a Muslim name?
    2) 14% seems enough for a good chance your main character is Muslim.
    3) The whole Assassin's Creed started with Al Mualim (real name Rashid ad-Din Sinan) of the Ismali branch of Islam. Since assassins are allowed to have children and those children may well grow up to be assassins as well, I'd say an assassin has a higher than normal chance of having a Muslim background than others in the region where he moves to.
    4) Following on 3, the whole first episode of the game series was drenched in Muslim names. In fact, seeing as who his targets were, you could view Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad as a Muslim terrorist.*

*Though note that "muslim" and "terrorist" are not connected here, he's just a terrorist who happens to be Muslim. Except for all the names, the fact that the Assassin's Brotherhood was a Muslim sect at that point is kinda overlooked.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 11 December 15 at 10:15, Edited on 11 December 15 at 10:15 by Prem-aka-Prince
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Bottom line is I'm not upset because he's Muslim, I'm upset because he's not Hindu. They had one chance to represent India, more than one sixth of the world, and they chose a minority! Is it so hard to choose a generic Indian like you did for most every other country on the list? They didn't fuck it up for China.
    But like I said from the start, maybe someone has data that says Muslims were a majority in India in the 1800's that will reassure me. I just can't shake the feeling now that they did it purely clutching at straws for a name that translates to a fucking bird again.
    =Semper Fi=
  • ZoeperJZoeperJ35,589
    Posted on 11 December 15 at 11:52
    From all the feedback I might need to pick them up. But only if there is a good deal wink
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.