Film and TV Forum

For discussions on upcoming films, films in general, TV shows and the like

TV series you are watching!

AuthorMessage
munchmagic1986
Posted on 19 March 15 at 08:30
Finally I have started watching iZombie. iZombie is the latest DC Comics TV adaption and follows a young woman who works in a morgue. She isn't your average girl though as she is hiding a huge secret, she is a zombie. Working in a morgue gives her access to as many brains as she wants but here is the twist - when she eats someones brain she gains their final memories and uses that to help the police solve their murders. She also gains some of their personality traits, in the first episode she develops kleptomania and can suddenly speak and understand Romanian.

It is an interesting blend of a detective show and a fresh take on the zombie genre. I enjoyed the first episode, even my missus seemed to be really into it after making an extra effort to declare how interested she was in watching it for weeks. Hopefully it can keep it up for a season and not get boring after a while. Based off the first episode I would give it a 4 - 4.5/5

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 19 March 15 at 08:34
Apart from everything I already mentioned, I started rewatching The Walking Dead with the missus (we're in season 2 together now, I've watched the first three seasons myself before). I also started on The Last Man On Earth (seems good so far) and I'm going through Deadwood as well.
BillyHorrible buys Uncharted 1-3: "I've got every essential PlayStation exclusive now, right?" munchmagic1986: "GOD OF WAR!!!! ALL 6 OF THEM!!!"
munchmagic1986
Posted on 12 April 15 at 00:24
Daredevil -10/10

Finally proof that Marvel can do a fantastic TV show.They need to outsource all future TV show plans to Netflix and not do it themselves (abc). Arrow set the bar for the dark and gritty superhero genre and Daredevil has matched it. There are a lot of signs that they have seen what Arrow did and taken some notes (which I had been hoping they would do). From the brilliant casting, great scripts and gritty setting this is a must watch show, here's hoping the next 3 shows in the Defenders schedule are as good (Luke Cage, Iron Fist and AKA Jessica Jones). This shows that Arrow wasn't a one off, dark and gritty masked vigilante shows are just brilliant (okay Arrow is not as dark and gritty but still), 10/10 is the bare minimum I can give this.

Finally both DC and Marvel are delivering great tv shows (Agents of Shield was very meh) smile

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 12 April 15 at 00:34
Didn't hear about that one yet. Isn't on the Dutch Netflix so I'll just wait.


I'm currently watching the new Community season, it's really cool. Also just did L.A. Noire, which feels like a classic TV series to me, especially since I now played it in black and white.
"Booyah." - Jeff Winger
MonkeyBrad91
359,616
MonkeyBrad91
Posted on 13 April 15 at 01:29
munchmagic1986 said:Daredevil -10/10

Finally proof that Marvel can do a fantastic TV show.They need to outsource all future TV show plans to Netflix and not do it themselves (abc). Arrow set the bar for the dark and gritty superhero genre and Daredevil has matched it. There are a lot of signs that they have seen what Arrow did and taken some notes (which I had been hoping they would do). From the brilliant casting, great scripts and gritty setting this is a must watch show, here's hoping the next 3 shows in the Defenders schedule are as good (Luke Cage, Iron Fist and AKA Jessica Jones). This shows that Arrow wasn't a one off, dark and gritty masked vigilante shows are just brilliant (okay Arrow is not as dark and gritty but still), 10/10 is the bare minimum I can give this.

Finally both DC and Marvel are delivering great tv shows (Agents of Shield was very meh) smile
I've just been cleaning up the MCU programs/films I hadn't seen -- But I disagree that this is the first good marvel show, I've loved everything that I've watched in the MCU. Just finished Agent Carter and saw Guardians of the Galaxy at last yesterday, so daredevil is last on my list. Looking forward to it! The way marvel plans like 8 years ahead with their universe still amazes me, since I know there's so much more awesomeness to come. :)
munchmagic1986
Posted on 13 April 15 at 01:42
MonkeyBrad91 said:munchmagic1986 said:Daredevil -10/10

Finally proof that Marvel can do a fantastic TV show.They need to outsource all future TV show plans to Netflix and not do it themselves (abc). Arrow set the bar for the dark and gritty superhero genre and Daredevil has matched it. There are a lot of signs that they have seen what Arrow did and taken some notes (which I had been hoping they would do). From the brilliant casting, great scripts and gritty setting this is a must watch show, here's hoping the next 3 shows in the Defenders schedule are as good (Luke Cage, Iron Fist and AKA Jessica Jones). This shows that Arrow wasn't a one off, dark and gritty masked vigilante shows are just brilliant (okay Arrow is not as dark and gritty but still), 10/10 is the bare minimum I can give this.

Finally both DC and Marvel are delivering great tv shows (Agents of Shield was very meh) smile
I've just been cleaning up the MCU programs/films I hadn't seen -- But I disagree that this is the first good marvel show, I've loved everything that I've watched in the MCU. Just finished Agent Carter and saw Guardians of the Galaxy at last yesterday, so daredevil is last on my list. Looking forward to it! The way marvel plans like 8 years ahead with their universe still amazes me, since I know there's so much more awesomeness to come. :)
Their movies are top (for the most part anyway - Iron Man 3 and Cap 2 were pretty lame) but as far as shows go they were pretty weak compared to Arrow and Flash, not bad at all just not as good (Agents of Shield did start to pick it up a bit though near the end and I hear season 2 really improved). Daredevil is that good though from the get go, the showrunner admitted that he was taking some influence from The Dark Knight and Arrow and it does show and that is what makes it so much better than their previous shows imo.
MonkeyBrad91
359,616
MonkeyBrad91
Posted on 01 May 15 at 05:08
Currently keeping up weekly with Agents of Shield (SO GOOD), Community (Recent series not as funny as earlier ones, but still pretty good), Brooklyn Nine-Nine (HILARIOUS), Modern Family (HILARIOUS) and Bones (I've watched ten seasons of it, so I'm kind of in it for life now).

I've also got to watch the rest of Daredevil, got up to like episode 4 (Very gritty, I like it), but between work, gaming and an almost-social life, tv is quite low on my list!

I'm still yet to watch Game of Thrones, but will end up getting round to it eventually -- Mostly just to understand what everyone's always talking about when they talk about the show. Which they do. A lot.
MitchCRafT_nM3
Posted on 13 May 15 at 14:46
Oh well The Following got cancelled, yet another show i watch down the crapper like the many i get invested in on NETFLIX only to find out they are uploading tons of cancelled shows FFS!

Dead Like Me was bloody great!!! I went to see when season 3 was happening to see the show ended in 2004 for crying out loud 2004!!!!!!!! OK there was the movie missing 2 main characters, one not even there and another played by someone else that did not fit the part what so ever.

This show could have been the next SCRUBS imo. It had such a great concept unlike the Friends rip offs we have had to deal with year after year and is why comedy is a genre i am very hard to please with and very particular about! That show should have been picked up as its ratings were meant to be doing great but some ass hat took over the studio and dropped all the shows by Bryan Fuller for some odd reason and left it in a steaming pile of horse shit instead. Those are the words of IMDB members and for once i believe it lol
IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
MonkeyBrad91
359,616
MonkeyBrad91
Posted on 13 May 15 at 19:19
Thanks for the reccommendation, next time I'm after a short comedy burst I'll look it up. :) (Dead Like Me I mean)

It's a shame that so many good shows get cancelled early -- Better Off Ted was another show I loved that got canned after only 2 seasons due to low ratings (despite massive critic scores). :(

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 13 May 15 at 19:30
MonkeyBrad91 said:It's a shame that so many good shows get cancelled earlyFirefly
Police Squad!
Surviving Jack
Go On
Dead Like Me
Arrested Development
Deadwood
The Burn
Flight of the Conchords
#TurnOffTrophyNotifications
munchmagic1986
Posted on 13 May 15 at 19:38
Constantine has unfortunately got the cut too. Although there is still a glimmer of hope as it is being shopped around for another network and pre existing plans for an Arrow crossover coupled with big stars like William Shatner saying they will guest star if re-picked up, there is a good chance it will.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 13 May 15 at 19:49
munchmagic1986 said:Constantine has unfortunately got the cut too. Although there is still a glimmer of hope as it is being shopped around for another network and pre existing plans for an Arrow crossover coupled with big stars like William Shatner saying they will guest star if re-picked up, there is a good chance it will.I didn't even get to start on Constantine yet, and now it's already cancelled? Damn...
#TurnOffTrophyNotifications
munchmagic1986
Posted on 13 May 15 at 20:01
BillyHorrible said:munchmagic1986 said:Constantine has unfortunately got the cut too. Although there is still a glimmer of hope as it is being shopped around for another network and pre existing plans for an Arrow crossover coupled with big stars like William Shatner saying they will guest star if re-picked up, there is a good chance it will.I didn't even get to start on Constantine yet, and now it's already cancelled? Damn...There is a lot of incentive for another network to pick it up though, especially The CW since he can easily fit in to their DC Universe that is just getting bigger and bigger. Maybe even bigger if Supergirl (another Greg Berlanti project) and Teen Titans (Arrow already has Arsenal so there is a perfect opportunity) do cross into that too.

I highly recommend checking it out though, it is exclusive to Amazon Prime in the EU though.
MitchCRafT_nM3
Posted on 05 June 15 at 19:10, Edited on 05 June 15 at 19:28 by MitchCRafT_nM3
MonkeyBrad91 said:Thanks for the reccommendation, next time I'm after a short comedy burst I'll look it up. :) (Dead Like Me I mean)

It's a shame that so many good shows get cancelled early -- Better Off Ted was another show I loved that got canned after only 2 seasons due to low ratings (despite massive critic scores). :(
Did you watch the movie also?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1079444/

SO WHAT AM I WATCHING


Orphan Black since it started back up again recently including Game Of Thrones, man i watched that 4 leaked episodes, they probably leaked them them selves to get them out the way, nothing exciting happened until the 4th episode lol

I also was watching the American version of The Returned, people pissing and moaning that the French Version was better, blah blah blah, well i am enjoying the American version instead of needing to read subs which often distracts from what is happening on the rest of the screen.

I also am watching another cancelled show on to season 2 The 4400 which is not bad so far.

I am also watching a youtuber play Bloodborne although i have not followed his route of game play entirely, i have done my won thing but it has been interesting as he really delves in the lore of the game and gives his speculation on the slightest details through out the game so it's been like a documentary/TV show to me that i get to play along with having the game my self lol. If anyone is interested in the channel say so and i will post it for you. He always opens with "Hi my name is Marcus and i will be your demon hunter this evening" , a nice touch that like i say makes it feel like you are watching a TV show lol.

I watched Kingsman last night also, bloody good film chaps, tally hoe! lol Nah honestly, it throws all the shit that has some truths to it like the NSA etc and makes it funny even though we should not be laughing while rich bastards use us like slaves shackled to what the bible said will be a form of evil, money in a perpetual debt never ending but hey we all are too busy to do something about it, man America and the UK really has just let the government bend us over and shaft us big time while other countries will go out willing to lose their lives to change their country but not us, we have too many games to play, TV to watch with movies and news full of propaganda telling us not to do that because everything is in control, we are only in trillions of debt and if the rates go up the slightest we will be like Greece, Portugal etc etc but hey it's OK because that man on the TV sad it was a man in the middle east fault laugh

Anyway go watch the film i thought it was great smile
IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
MitchCRafT_nM3
Posted on 23 June 15 at 22:11, Edited on 23 June 15 at 22:13 by MitchCRafT_nM3
The latest season of Orange is the new black was good!

Trying to watch this show called Continuum but man it is very hard to watch a show where they show that people who are in to freedom and liberty are all terrorists and kill everyone innocent while the oppressing corporate people taking away the freedom are the good guys worth defending. Then there is a whiz kid who lives on a farm has a room full of about 20 computers, numerous net switches, sat dishes and would need to spend in to 10's of thousands just to have all this and looks about 15.

Tried Arrow, it was not bad but did not pull me in.

Sense8 is not bad if you can handle lots of gay scenes lol (The 2 dudes liking ice-cream at the start in the intro gets a bit too much after a couple episodes) laugh

Has anyone watched The 100?
IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
ultravioletblade
Posted on 07 April 17 at 08:46
Currently just finished the final season of 'Black Sails' which was very good, just not as good as season 2.
Just about to watch in the next few days the final part of the latest season of 'Homeland' which very interesting.
Just started 'Billions' and I'm hooked
On my weekly planner there is The Expanse, 'Taken', Blacklist: Redemption, Behind the Lines, Training Day, 'APB' and 24: Legacy
Want to start watching 'The Affair' as well some time as that looks very good
“ I kill monsters and zombies with infeasibly large plasma-based weaponry”
RustyKrieger
Posted on 09 May 17 at 15:45
Mainly switching between the second season of iZombie, the first season of Kill La Kill, and season 12 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
ShianKiri
143,511
ShianKiri
Posted on 14 July 17 at 15:42
Watching Psych again for the 4th time.

It's my go-to show to watch while grinding something tedious.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueTrophies to track your games and trophies correctly, we need to be able to access your trophy information. If your trophies are not being scanned, it is likely that your PlayStation account privacy settings need reconfiguring - it is possible to do this via a console.

1. Start up your console and navigate to and press the "Settings" button on the dashboard


2. Select "Account Management" on the settings screen


3. Select "Privacy Settings" on the account management screen


4. Select "Games" in the privacy settings screen


5. Select "Trophies" in the following screen


6. Change the value to "Anyone" and press "Confirm"
×