The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

EU PS Discounts: November 18th, 2015

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 November 15 at 16:52
    I would advise people to open their PS Store, there's much more on sale than what's written here. Once again, not munch's fault but the official PS news not covering everything.

For instance, on the PS4 are on sale now Grim Fandango, SOMA, Schrödinger's Cat... Check the digital sales in the menu if you want to see everything.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 18 November 15 at 18:02, Edited on 18 November 15 at 18:16 by Prem-aka-Prince
    Ooh, costume quest 2, wonder if I should buy that...

I have my eyes on Far Cry 4 season pass and Arkham Knight season pass... but I'm not sure if I should skip FC4 altogether as munch said there are still glitched trophies, and AK SP is still £20 so maybe I should wait until it's even cheaper... idk

I'm not sure if I should get arkham origins and bioshock infinite season passes or just skip them both forever, I'm thinking just skip them forever.

I thought I needed a lot more DLC than this but looking at my wishlist apparently I don't? Still waiting for LBP2's DC pack to go on sale, and until I see that I refuse to touch LBP3 or LBPV as I just can't trust them anymore.

It's no surprise that AC:Syndicate season pass is not on here, but that's fair.
    I also love how the DLC sales have two categories, PS4 and PS3. You know, one for each of the only two playstation systems. What's a weeta?

Does anyone know if any of the TLoU stuff is useful for multiplayer? Like an OP rifle or something? It's happened before in other monetised MP games.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 18 November 15 at 22:25
    A few tempting things here. Maybe LBP and Rocket League DLC...
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • Posted on 19 November 15 at 19:35
    BillyHorrible said:Grim Fandango, SOMA, Schrödinger's Cat... Check the digital sales in the menu if you want to see everything.Thanks Billy, I wanted to try Schrödinger's cat, so bought that one and also got Costume Quest 2.
    All your bases are belong to us!
  • Posted on 19 November 15 at 19:36
    Even discounted SOMA is too high a price. I've heard it's got a lot of content but I can't work out why they didn't add a platinum trophy?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 November 15 at 21:36, Edited on 19 November 15 at 21:37 by
    NUKEDUKEZM said:Even discounted SOMA is too high a price. I've heard it's got a lot of content but I can't work out why they didn't add a platinum trophy?Walking Dead 1 had a platinum trophy yet Walking Dead 2 didn't, but other Telltale games do again. Developers are weird that way.

I may get SOMA when it's super duper cheap but until then no sale, seems to much like Alien Isolation.
  • Posted on 19 November 15 at 23:07
    NUKEDUKEZM said:BillyHorrible said:Grim Fandango, SOMA, Schrödinger's Cat... Check the digital sales in the menu if you want to see everything.Thanks Billy, I wanted to try Schrödinger's cat, so bought that one and also got Costume Quest 2.Try these two games soon and let us know what you think! I've been strongly considering Costume Quest 2 as I enjoyed the first one.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 19 November 15 at 23:55
    Prem-aka-Prince said:NUKEDUKEZM said:BillyHorrible said:Grim Fandango, SOMA, Schrödinger's Cat... Check the digital sales in the menu if you want to see everything.Thanks Billy, I wanted to try Schrödinger's cat, so bought that one and also got Costume Quest 2.Try these two games soon and let us know what you think! I've been strongly considering Costume Quest 2 as I enjoyed the first one.I know you can take reviews with a pinch of salt due to personal preference etc, but IGN said that if you played costume quest 1 then nothing much has changed and the game feels more like an expansion than a sequel. I'm not sure if that's considered a bad thing or not?
  • Posted on 20 November 15 at 00:07
    It's a good thing to me as long as it's not too long and doesn't have any pain in the ass spoil the fun trophies.
    Also I'm not sure if I should even bother spending money when I have so many owned games to play anyway. But you know how it is.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 November 15 at 07:25
    NUKEDUKEZM said:Prem-aka-Prince said:NUKEDUKEZM said:BillyHorrible said:Grim Fandango, SOMA, Schrödinger's Cat... Check the digital sales in the menu if you want to see everything.Thanks Billy, I wanted to try Schrödinger's cat, so bought that one and also got Costume Quest 2.Try these two games soon and let us know what you think! I've been strongly considering Costume Quest 2 as I enjoyed the first one.I know you can take reviews with a pinch of salt due to personal preference etc, but IGN said that if you played costume quest 1 then nothing much has changed and the game feels more like an expansion than a sequel. I'm not sure if that's considered a bad thing or not?Prem-aka-Prince said:It's a good thing to me as long as it's not too long and doesn't have any pain in the ass spoil the fun trophies.
    Also I'm not sure if I should even bother spending money when I have so many owned games to play anyway. But you know how it is.
    I'd rather have a sequel where they improved upon the original than a sequel that tries to move in a completely different direction and fails.
  • Posted on 20 November 15 at 17:08
    Fully agree Billy. What makes you fall in love with a franchise is how it plays. if they change too much then is it still even considered the same game?

Far Cry would be a good example of a franchise that have done sequels well. Changes have been graphical to start with and then adding of content/gameplay such as towers, animals and weaponry, but it always felt like a Far Cry game. The writing is what mattered to keep people coming back. Everything they do feels distinctively Far Cryish and that's why people returned.

They did it right with different directional content also by releasing it as a Far Cry 3 expansion, Blood Dragon worked and had it not it wouldn't have mattered because it was just an Xbox Live or PS Plus game!

The long winded point I'm trying to make is that fans buy games because they like that game and come back for more of the same. We want slight adjustments, improvements and additions, but you don't want to buy an Assassins Creed where it's suddenly an FPS and he's no longer into parkour. You want what you love and that's what keeps us coming back.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads