Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Spartacus Legends' Server Closure

• PuchtecaPuchteca216,684
    Posted on 05 November 15 at 13:42, Edited on 05 November 15 at 13:43 by Puchteca
    Saw this coming.. what with the triple fame and FREE gold purchases on the PSN store for a few days. Sad.
  • PunkyliarPunkyliar108,718
    Posted on 05 November 15 at 15:01
    Anders_Fearer said:Saw this coming.. what with the triple fame and FREE gold purchases on the PSN store for a few days. Sad.The FREE gold should be permanent, at least in North America. But yes, when I saw the event and the free microtransactions, imminent server closure was the first thing that popped into my head too.
  • Harris59Harris591,201,297
    Posted on 05 November 15 at 16:53
    Saw this one coming after a few of the other free to plays from back in the day have already closed plus the previously mentioned triple fame and free gold purchases.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • WackyboxerWackyboxer137,688
    Posted on 05 November 15 at 17:23
    Still can't get the servers to connect so I reckon it's best to not even start it at this point.
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,153
    Posted on 06 November 15 at 00:26
    Yeah i considered starting this a while ago, but seemed too long a grind and not interesting Edith gameplay to be worth it. Glad i didn't now! :)
  • Posted on 06 November 15 at 01:32
    The mentioned server problems are disappointing, but other than that it seems like they're going out in the best possible way (in principle). Plenty of warning for everybody to finish, a nice solid boost of XP (although why it doesn't last for the two-thirds of december as well is a mystery), an alteration to the premium items to make them buyable with in game currency (if I understand right, and also assuming the prices are fair), and also a giveaway (intentional or not) of the premium currency... all good things!
    =Semper Fi=
    Posted on 06 November 15 at 01:56
    It's worth a try while you still can, I admit I regret not having a proper play of Free Realms before it closed, although I did download/play a small fraction of it, I didn't really get into it enough to have a fair judgement on it, although I did reach a level cap for one skill very quickly which made me feel like most of the game was behind a pay-wall.

This game however I tried ages back when it was new and I... Well, I didn't really like it, but at least I had the opportunity to try it and see, the gameplay felt very monotonous and a bit clunky but some of the concepts were good, RIP Spartacus Legends.

While you're at it try all the Free2Play games :P, my recommendations so far from what I've played is DCUO, there's a lot to do before you reach any kind of pay-wall, so it's a one of the more true Free2Plays available in a way.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Posted on 06 November 15 at 02:19
    I played Happy Wars and it's one of my biggest gaming regrets of all time.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 06 November 15 at 08:54
    Prem-aka-Prince said:The mentioned server problems are disappointing, but other than that it seems like they're going out in the best possible way (in principle). Plenty of warning for everybody to finish, a nice solid boost of XP (although why it doesn't last for the two-thirds of december as well is a mystery), an alteration to the premium items to make them buyable with in game currency (if I understand right, and also assuming the prices are fair), and also a giveaway (intentional or not) of the premium currency... all good things!Great reply, rather than the doom and gloom we've come to expect, dude put a positive spin on it, i salute you sir.
    A.D.H.D fanboy
  • Posted on 06 November 15 at 21:38
    This is a constant reminder that I need to finish off Soul Calibur Lost Swords or whatever it is before that shuts down at the end of the month but I can't be fucked. Oh well, looks like it's another Free Realms situation for me (why did i even start that?)
  • Posted on 07 November 15 at 22:09
    Spartacus Legends , i tried it on xbox 360 and playstation 3 and didn't enjoy the game
    Posted on 07 November 15 at 22:33
    LunchCannon54 said:This is a constant reminder that I need to finish off Soul Calibur Lost Swords or whatever it is before that shuts down at the end of the month but I can't be fucked. Oh well, looks like it's another Free Realms situation for me (why did i even start that?)I wouldn't bother, it's not a good Soul Calibur game IMO. Also, I thought it had already shut down so, I'm surprised it still has a month left :D.
  • ArturSonArturSon65,874
    Posted on 20 December 15 at 16:54
    I finish this game on xbox360 yesterday. I am not gonna tray to finish on ps3 boosts level again. So bay,bay Spartacus!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads