Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

First Gameplay Footage Of NieR: Automata

• Posted on 29 October 15 at 21:54, Edited on 29 October 15 at 21:58 by GalrenIronshield
    Given the environments and story of the first game I'm really curious to see how they explain the whole escaping to the moon because of aliens bit.

Edit: I wasn't sure how Platinum Games would do with an action RPG given their past games, none of which have ever really interested me, but they're also doing Scalebound which seems quite promising at least.
    PSN: GalrenIronshield
  • Posted on 29 October 15 at 21:54
    There is no words for how much I need this. The faster combat looks incredible too. Story seems a bit crazy, but the first one was quite weird that way. I highly encourage people to pick up the first one and give it a go.
  • Posted on 29 October 15 at 22:07
    Yusss I need more Nier in my life
  • Harris59Harris591,198,828
    Posted on 29 October 15 at 22:58
    I am so hyped, and this gameplay footage has just got me even more hyped! Platinum Games + Nier is a winning combination from the start... And it's already looking like it'll be a personal GOTY material!
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault308,230
    Posted on 29 October 15 at 23:13
    No Yonah? Aww. Oh well. I still will be getting this!
  • Posted on 29 October 15 at 23:17
    iWantEllenPage said:No Yonah? Aww. Oh well. I still will be getting this!They did say there would be some returning faces, so there is still hope.
  • Posted on 03 November 15 at 02:41
    GalrenIronshield said:Given the environments and story of the first game I'm really curious to see how they explain the whole escaping to the moon because of aliens bit.

Edit: I wasn't sure how Platinum Games would do with an action RPG given their past games, none of which have ever really interested me, but they're also doing Scalebound which seems quite promising at least.
    It's explained in Grimoire Nier that aliens invade after the end of the first game, but of course how they made it to the moon is indeed anyone's guess. Anyway Nier has really gone up in price, particularly the PS3 version which is almost impossible to find cheap where I live (the 360 version on the other hand is still reasonably priced generally). Given how shitty my PS3 is as well I hope they release a digital version somewhere down the line. I did already 1000G it on Xbox but I would like to Platinum it on here.
  • Posted on 13 January 16 at 03:08
    Nice to see the bullet hell elements of boss fights is still there smile
    Don't be a lemon, be a rosebud!
  • Harris59Harris591,198,828
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 05:54
    Long_IslandIcedZ said:Nice to see the bullet hell elements of boss fights is still there smileAnd it looks improved around 10 times lol, I can't wait to get my hands on it.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Posted on 13 January 16 at 07:43
    Harris59 said:Long_IslandIcedZ said:Nice to see the bullet hell elements of boss fights is still there smileAnd it looks improved around 10 times lol, I can't wait to get my hands on it.I'm hoping that they're a lot harder to avoid damage from this time around. In the first one, all you had to do is block and you'll take no damage from any of the bullets. Maybe some sort of guard break mechanic or something would be cool.
    Don't be a lemon, be a rosebud!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads