Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Modes, Music & Season Pass

• RekusuriiRekusurii51,624
  • Rick_NyaRick_Nya1,459,089
    Posted on 09 October 15 at 12:05
    THANK GOD!!!!! clapheadspin
    Goodbye MP you won´t be missed!!! laugh
  • Posted on 09 October 15 at 12:45, Edited on 09 October 15 at 12:51 by MitchCRafT_nM3
    I am subscribed to this through the "Game News Subscriptions" and when i saw this in the message after clicking on the initial notification message in my inbox ......

Rise of the Tomb Raider Modes, Music & "Season Pass"I just burst out laughing, so yes we only are pushed aside for a year (which in all honesty is fine by me because they get all the glitches sorted out by the time we get it but in principle what they are doing sucks) and they are throwing a season pass in our face laugh WOW! Just WOW!

Good one guys you made my day laugh

Rick_Nya said:THANK
    GOD!!!!! clapheadspin
    Goodbye MP you won´t be missed!!! laugh
    I take it the MP was not very good in this game? The first time i tried it i had the guy that was at the top of the leader boards send a friend request and the only reason i could think that someone at the top of a leader board would send a FR to someone just starting out is that the dude is desperate for more players to stay and play otherwise he would take no interest in some noob just starting out in the MP. I could be wrong but i didn't accept the FR and being completely honest i truly can't remember a single thing about the MP on that game, i think i may have played like one match.
    IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
  • PunkyliarPunkyliar108,749
    Posted on 09 October 15 at 13:02
    MitchCRafT_nM3 said:Rise of the Tomb Raider Modes, Music & "Season Pass"I just burst out laughing, so yes we only are pushed aside for a year (which in all honesty is fine by me because they get all the glitches sorted out by the time we get it but in principle what they are doing sucks) and they are throwing a season pass in our face laugh WOW! Just WOW!

To be fair, they detailed the Season Pass for Xbox One and 360, which does release next month. I did um and aah about bringing this article across, but figured that the Season Pass details were unlikely to change, even with a year still to go. Even if there does end up being changes to the season pass, the game modes and soundtrack details will definitely be the same.
  • Posted on 09 October 15 at 13:47
    Punkyliar said:MitchCRafT_nM3 said:Rise of the Tomb Raider Modes, Music & "Season Pass"I just burst out laughing, so yes we only are pushed aside for a year (which in all honesty is fine by me because they get all the glitches sorted out by the time we get it but in principle what they are doing sucks) and they are throwing a season pass in our face laugh WOW! Just WOW!

To be fair, they detailed the Season Pass for Xbox One and 360, which does release next month. I did um and aah about bringing this article across, but figured that the Season Pass details were unlikely to change, even with a year still to go. Even if there does end up being changes to the season pass, the game modes and soundtrack details will definitely be the same.
    Oh hey, please don't think i was directing any of my post at you or any of the news team, it was towards Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix not any of the news team what so ever smile

I am sure some people will be glad you did post it but i did find it funny just the way i saw it in my inbox then opened it up to have the words "Season Pass" in the message that's all smile lol
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,010
    Posted on 09 October 15 at 14:22
    We will more then likely be getting some kind of GOTY Edition when this releases smile
    The King of Hyrule
  • DixieGunThugDixieGunThug116,311
    Posted on 09 October 15 at 15:37
    Linkx41 said:We will more then likely be getting some kind of GOTY Edition when this releases smile That's my thinking too. I can only imagine the hubbub the X1ers (well, technically I'm one, but PS4 is my go-to and preferred system, while X1 is only for their exclusives) will make if it works out that way.

Also glad to see MP not returning. I was actually really good at it, but it wasn't much fun and was pretty dumb and of poor quality.
  • PunkyliarPunkyliar108,749
    Posted on 09 October 15 at 16:04
    MitchCRafT_nM3 said:Punkyliar said:MitchCRafT_nM3 said:Rise of the Tomb Raider Modes, Music & "Season Pass"I just burst out laughing, so yes we only are pushed aside for a year (which in all honesty is fine by me because they get all the glitches sorted out by the time we get it but in principle what they are doing sucks) and they are throwing a season pass in our face laugh WOW! Just WOW!

Oh hey, please don't think i was directing any of my post at you or any of the news team, it was towards Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix not any of the news team what so ever smile

I am sure some people will be glad you did post it but i did find it funny just the way i saw it in my inbox then opened it up to have the words "Season Pass" in the message that's all smile lol
    Oh I didn't take any offence at all. I just thought that I'd try to defend Square Enix a little laugh
  • ZoeperJZoeperJ34,463
    Posted on 09 October 15 at 17:13
    DixieGunThug said:Linkx41 said:We will more then likely be getting some kind of GOTY Edition when this releases smile That's my thinking too. I can only imagine the hubbub the X1ers (well, technically I'm one, but PS4 is my go-to and preferred system, while X1 is only for their exclusives) will make if it works out that way.

Also glad to see MP not returning. I was actually really good at it, but it wasn't much fun and was pretty dumb and of poor quality.
    I actually been thinking the same, even to boycot this release...
    But I think it is cool to see where MP is going. I didn't 'hate' the MP in TR, but wasn't one of my favorite things.
    I always played MP and with AC:Unity I really like the co-op missions.
  • Posted on 09 October 15 at 17:35
    The MP wasn't bad per se, but the grind for the top level trophies was so bad that it marred an otherwise good quality single player experience. It helped that they later tweaked it to reduce the grind, but even the reduced grind was too long and absolutely unnecessary. All it amounts to is people wasting hours of their lives repeatedly blowing each other up and respawning, which is not fun by any sane person's definition.

As for the season pass, I am somewhat sceptical on this. Since everything they do these days is about making more money, sometimes in controversial ways, I am cynical enough to think they won't make life easy on PS4 gamers' wallets by giving us a cheap deal after they went through so much trouble to profit off a multiplatform 'exclusive' deal.
    I suspect they will release it at full price and glorify the season pass in some way instead, perhaps by saying 'as a bonus, look, all the content is ready and waiting, isn't that nice!' or perhaps by drawing out its timeframe so there's still more to pay for after the PS4 release.
    ...but that's just me being cynical. Hopefully in this position any surprise is a pleasant surprise.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 09 October 15 at 17:36, Edited on 09 October 15 at 17:39 by MitchCRafT_nM3
    Punkyliar said:MitchCRafT_nM3 said:Punkyliar said:MitchCRafT_nM3 said:Rise of the Tomb Raider Modes, Music & "Season Pass"I just burst out laughing, so yes we only are pushed aside for a year (which in all honesty is fine by me because they get all the glitches sorted out by the time we get it but in principle what they are doing sucks) and they are throwing a season pass in our face laugh WOW! Just WOW!

Oh I didn't take any offence at all. I just thought that I'd try to defend Square Enix a little laugh
    I like Square, i mean it really is more so the console company at fault when this happens whether it's Sony or Micro$oft because they initiate the situation by offering them money to do it and i don't blame a gaming studio for saying yes if it is a decent amount of money that can go towards creating more games. I don't really condone both SONY or Micro$oft using these type of tactics tbh.

I just find it hard to believe that this actually works, i just personally would never make my console buying decision on the bases of a game that is a timed exclusive but people must do so or it would never happen in the first place.

I mean we have so much really bad business practice in the gaming industry these days with the likes of pre-order bonuses where several different shops all have their own special bonus and there for if you wish to have the full content of that game you would need to buy the game from every single shop just to have all the bonuses. It's a horrible practice. Then we have things like SEGA who don't complete the games story on the main part of the game and you need to buy the DLC to get the proper ending which happened in Asura's Wrath and Aliens Colonial Marines and they are the only games that i personally know of, there could be more but i just have not heard about it. Unfortunately we get people who actually will write pages and pages defending this kind of activity within gaming. There was a guy on TA, i forget his name but man every anti consumer decision ever made by gaming publishers he was all for it, i don't know if he was trolling or just truly was happy to see the gaming industry turn in to the mess it is in today because he backed all the crap that has ended us up with the way thing are nowadays.

Would you make a console purchasing decision on the bases of a game coming to it first knowing that another console that you may actually prefer in the long run will have it a year later with all the bugs fixed, most of the DLC laid out so you know what you would get with a season pass if you actually buy in to them but just go ahead and buy it on the console you prefer less overall just because a game is coming to it a year early? This is a serious question to anyone who wishes to answer, it's open to reasoning as to why you would do this also.

My answer is quite blatantly an obvious god damn no and why? Because i love the fact that when it comes to us a year later it will be in a much better state. Imagine i was asking the same question a year ago and the game in question was Destiny Just look at what happened there, what's to say the same could not happen again with Tomb Raider? Year 1 Destiny was without a doubt full on evidence that the earlier you buy a game the more an asset as a beta tester you are to a gaming company and you are paying them to test their game for them.
  • Posted on 09 October 15 at 19:12
    MitchCRafT_nM3 said:...I mean we have so much really bad business practice in the gaming industry these days with the likes of pre-order bonuses where several different shops all have their own special bonus and therefore if you wish to have the full content of that game you would need to buy the game from every single shop just to have all the bonuses. It's a horrible practice...

Would you make a console purchasing decision on the basis of a game coming to it first knowing that another console that you may actually prefer in the long run will have it a year later with all the bugs fixed, most of the DLC laid out so you know what you would get with a season pass if you actually buy in to them but just go ahead and buy it on the console you prefer less overall just because a game is coming to it a year early? This is a serious question to anyone who wishes to answer, it's open to reasoning as to why you would do this also.

My answer is quite blatantly an obvious god damn no and why? Because i love the fact that when it comes to us a year later it will be in a much better state...
    You went off on a tangent again but for the preorder bonuses the solution is simple, just don't be incentivised by them and buy from the cheapest (or otherwise best value) source and simply get the DLC either after release when they're put on the store (this can be cheaper than the price difference from buying at a crap store vs a cheap one) or further down the line when it's even cheaper (they're often included in season pass or complete editions).

As for the second issue, seems like a logic fail to me, why not just buy it at the same time a year later on X1, nobody forces you to buy it now just because it's available, so those supposed advantages of waiting for the PS4 version are non-real as you have exactly the same opportunity on X1.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 October 15 at 11:53
    I'd be interested to hear about the "major DLC" since we're probably getting a "definitive" edition next year anyways. A delay of a year means no bugs and all DLC, right?

Also, yay for no multiplayer! Tomb Raider was and will be a single player experience.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • AshMayStreetAshMayStreet266,906
    Posted on 10 October 15 at 13:31
    hrmm it will be interesting to see a different version of MP (or none at all)
    i dont mind it on some games, but some need to step it up other wise it becomes tedious and boring..
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads