Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

EU Playstation Store Update: September 30th, 2015

• PunkyliarPunkyliar108,780
  • MaitreSega38MaitreSega38279,058
    Posted on 01 October 15 at 01:04
    PSVita. cry
  • ZvetikiZvetiki461,721
    Posted on 01 October 15 at 04:37
    Punkyliar said:I've left off the DLC that doesn't add new trophies. Is this something that you wish to see still, or do you want us to stick to the content that only involves new trophies? If the latter is the case, do you still want to see the demos and betas?I'm interested in information about new game content (DLCs) whether or not it provides trophies. I don't care for demos, though.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 October 15 at 06:09
    Zvetiki said:Punkyliar said:I've left off the DLC that doesn't add new trophies. Is this something that you wish to see still, or do you want us to stick to the content that only involves new trophies? If the latter is the case, do you still want to see the demos and betas?I'm interested in information about new game content (DLCs) whether or not it provides trophies. I don't care for demos, though.Same here. I'd like to see all DLC but demo/beta news is not my type of thing.

OT:
    Poltergeist looks interesting, and for that price I'd by it were it not that my bcklog is so big... I'll probably still be on my backlog when it's in a sale and I'll buy it then.

Batman: I liked racing in the 1989 Batmobile but the Tumbler felt a bit sluggish. Going to give it another try today.
    I liked GCPD Lockdown, it's my favourite one trophy story expansion so far.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 01 October 15 at 11:09
    Hmm. Well on the one hand I would like to reduce your workload, partly because it's so much work and partly because the less there is the sooner it can be published.
    On the other hand these are kind of permanent and serve as a great archive when trying to look back to find release dates on things, so if small things start getting ignored then it may become harder to find the information on them later (the PS blog search feature is pretty terrible).

I think with Demos/Betas it would be a good idea to leave them in as there are not a lot of them these days and there's not much that needs to be said about them. Perhaps have them in simple list form to save time, or just list-form with key terms: e.g. Drake collection still entitles you to the UC4 beta if you upgrade in time, and Hardware open beta is for PS+ users only. They can click through or read official sources for more information (perhaps link those instead of typing them), and obviously they can just play the demo if they want to know more about it.

Download size would be great on these, but actually that's more work not less, so perhaps I should not get ahead of myself!
    Although quality checking is very important to me, I do feel that with these they could be published and then augmented as information comes in, meaning that the core 'known' information is out sooner and the article only gets better and better. But perhaps the TT audience wouldn't bother checking back if they don't find what they want the first time, I don't know.

Anyway probably the first hurdle in the question is whether DLC with trophies need to be listed and it just reminds me, didn't TA have a feature that would PM you when there was new trophy DLC for games you own? Don't know if that's inactive on TT or more likely I just left it off by accident. That could make the DLC less important.

I do feel that some weeks there are a ton of junk DLCs with no trophies released, so I can see why you would want to cut them, but I think it would be good to include them (perhaps after initial publish) for the archival reasons stated before and also for people who like to pick that stuff up (for example all the small Batman DLC).

It's not really part of the question but I would like to see more of a highlight on free stuff as I check the store every single week for free themes and stuff.
    I think the TT store update should embrace any opportunity to differentiate themselves from the first-hand sources like the PS Blog which just has a list format. My favourite thing about the TT store update is the staff intro text and descriptions (especially when they're less by-the-book) and the comments from other users who are actually up for a discussion (unlike on the PS Blog where almost everything is throwaway).
    The extra effort with links (both to game pages and SEN Store) and images/videos is not so much used by me but appreciated nonetheless.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 October 15 at 18:45
    These Arcade Archives are fun but so expensive for what they are!!

Also I have that Poltergeist game and the Vita version keeps crashing on the time trail trophy. Thank god they've finally released it on the PS4 so I can get that last trophy.
    You can't fix stupid if it don't broke!
  • CAE9872CAE987246,042
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 12:53
    Agreed with above comments - demos and betas dont do it for me personally; but all DLC interests me.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads