Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PS Plus Lineup For October 2015

• BarsoomianBarsoomian329,357
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 00:03
    Prem-aka-Prince said:Barsoomian said:The point being, even the IGF cannot definitively say what an indie game is. ... you can't just look at the game, or at its budget, or at its sources of funding, or all three of those combined, for everyone to agree that it's "indie".Interesting debate, but I'm not sure it's going anywhere. I pretty much agreed from the start that it's hard to definitively place things as definitely indie or definitely not indie, hence almost everything this month exists in the vague space in between, hence all the adjectives. The only one I said is "legit indie" in my own words is the one where I could find no evidence of outside influence. It's probably no surprise that this was originally a mobile game, which then becomes the self-funding source for their more expensive console ports, as opposed to SMB's profitless flash game.I was just commenting for the record here that there is no clear definition of "indie". I'm not saying you or anyone else shouldn't label this or that game as indie if you feel it fits, nor am I suggesting in any way that the labels you assigned these games are wrong. I'm just saying people should be aware that the term "indie" doesn't automatically fit because of reason X (lack of publisher backing, or low budget, etc.), because not everyone was/is aware of that, and "indies" have been a big part of this whole discussion.

Sort of related, and I saw a glimpse of it in this thread, it's sad to see how the term "indie" has been subverted by some people to mean something bad. It's like some people automatically assume a game is trash just because they think it's "indie", or because it's not sold in disc form, or whatever. I don't care if they want to be so ignorant that they miss out on some gems while gobbling down the latest CoD 27 or whatever, but it's sad that their voice on the internet could sway others into not supporting and missing out on good games.
  • Posted on 02 October 15 at 00:23, Edited on 02 October 15 at 00:23 by Prem-aka-Prince
    I needn't say anything other than that I agree.
    Let us stand as voices of reason!
    (that never get heard!)
    (echo!)
    (echo!)
    =Semper Fi=
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,010
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 02:57
    My brain just melted going through these comments laugh
    The King of Hyrule
  • seandarkoseandarko242,360
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 05:52
    This is a real shit list. The only notable title is Meat Boy and chances are if you do much gaming you have about 7 copies by now.
  • Posted on 02 October 15 at 08:37, Edited on 02 October 15 at 08:38 by Prem-aka-Prince
    seandarko said:This is a real shit list. The only notable title is Meat Boy and chances are if you do much gaming you have about 7 copies by now.Seeing as it only ever released on one console, and it only released digital on it, that's pretty damn hard, so if that's you bravo clap
    =Semper Fi=
  • MayadomeMayadome523,354
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 09:17, Edited on 02 October 15 at 09:22 by Mayadome
    More indies but at least I don't own any of them except for Super Meat Boy. Xbox Live is getting better games than us, like Tomb Raider Definitive... and at least 50% of their games are AAA titles.
    Feel The Ether
  • Harris59Harris591,196,223
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 09:21
    Prem-aka-Prince said:I've got enough quotes here that I could've made a whole new post just for the number of people that judge PS+ games without knowing the first thing about them (nothing wrong with being excited for SMB but you ignored KFR is all I mean)Can you not just assume things like that, I know exactly what KFR is and it's going in my backlog of maybe games to play when I have nothing else to play, and it's not because I don't know what the games are... I can't play every game that comes out, I pick my preferred games and the rest either go in that pile or I outright say I won't play them. Most Plus games go on the maybe pile then 1 or 2 each month end up on the definite yes or definite no piles.

I will explicitely say if a game on the list I don't know about and try to make some kind of judgement like most people do at first glance, but like I said I would SAY that I don't know the game first and would encourage someone to tell me more if it looks interesting.

I already have a small backlog of games I want to play (not including the maybe pile I was mentioning) as well as games I want to get, so I wonder if I'll even get around to games I WANT from Plus, I still want to play Twisted Metal, haven't even installed it yet! I'm approaching a 70 game backlog mostly thanks to the solid lineups on PSPlus clap
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Posted on 02 October 15 at 10:12, Edited on 02 October 15 at 10:15 by Prem-aka-Prince
    Mayadome said:More indies but at least I don't own any of them except for Super Meat Boy. Xbox Live is getting better games than us, like Tomb Raider Definitive... and at least 50% of their games are AAA titles.Well, it's an opinion, but I wouldn't say so. The GwG with October is 1 repeat of last month, 2 that are the exact same as each other in the same month, and 1 that has already been on PS+... and none are AAA, yes I wouldn't count MGSV Ground Zeroes because it's not actually MGSV, but even if you did include it it's a repeat of last month.Prem-aka-Prince said:... everyone who likes super meat boy should check out Kung Fu Rabbit as they are more similar than you realise.
    This means you!!laughHarris59 said:Super Meat Boy - SUPEEEEEEERRRR MEAT BOY! I will play this for sure
    Kung Fu Rabbit - 'maybe I'll play it when I'm out of games to play' pile
    Harris59 said:Can you not just assume things like that, I know exactly what KFR is and it's going in my backlog of maybe games ... I can't play every game that comes out, I pick my preferred games ...Well then what exactly is it, and what exactly is super meat boy that makes it leagues apart?
    =Semper Fi=
  • MayadomeMayadome523,354
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 12:25, Edited on 02 October 15 at 12:27 by Mayadome
    Prem-aka-Prince said:Mayadome said:More indies but at least I don't own any of them except for Super Meat Boy. Xbox Live is getting better games than us, like Tomb Raider Definitive... and at least 50% of their games are AAA titles.Well, it's an opinion, but I wouldn't say so. The GwG with October is 1 repeat of last month, 2 that are the exact same as each other in the same month, and 1 that has already been on PS+... and none are AAA, yes I wouldn't count MGSV Ground Zeroes because it's not actually MGSV, but even if you did include it it's a repeat of last month.PS Plus isn't even remotely at the same quality of GwG if you look at what they have gotten overall this year. This year alone they have gotten Rayman Legends, D4, AC4, Tomb Raider on Xbox One and usually 2 AAA titles on 360 every month. Meanwhile on PS4 we haven't had a single AAA title unless you count the stand alone expansion for Infamous. I mean don't get me wrong there's some insanely good indie games there like Rocket League but the complete lack of any AAA title is disheartening especially when the competition is getting them nearly every second month and 1-2 per month on their last generation console. The disappointment is justified.
    Feel The Ether
  • BarsoomianBarsoomian329,357
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 13:46
    Prem-aka-Prince said:seandarko said:This is a real shit list. The only notable title is Meat Boy and chances are if you do much gaming you have about 7 copies by now.Seeing as it only ever released on one console, and it only released digital on it, that's pretty damn hard, so if that's you bravo clapThe number of times he created and funded profiles to buy this game is simply a reflection of how firmly he believes in its excellence.
  • Posted on 02 October 15 at 14:09
    Well I absolutely agree that the loss of AAA games on PS+ is disappointing, I just don't agree that GwG is better at this point - at least for anyone that's been a PS+ subscriber. For starters, there are only 4 games.
    Tomb Raider was already on PS+ and I guess some could be glad to see Rayman Legends (PS+ already gave Origins and the PS1 original, but not Legends). D4 and AC4 were welcome additions for me personally, though the latter was sullied by it being offered again two months later, where the DLC is not cross-buy.
    The problem is they've gotten into a habit of repeating stuff to fill up the already-lesser 4 slot obligation, and this month they're really taking it to the extreme with double TWD in the same month and Ground Zeroes just the month before. For everyone who has both services and all consoles only 1 out of 4 games is new and I wouldn't call TWD a AAA game either...

Having said that I think it was disappointing this month to see Chariot on PS+ as it had launched on GwG, and usually PS+ is better than repeats at least.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 02 October 15 at 15:34
    Mayadome said:PS Plus isn't even remotely at the same quality of GwG if you look at what they have gotten overall this year. This year alone they have gotten Rayman Legends, D4, AC4, Tomb Raider on Xbox One and usually 2 AAA titles on 360 every month. You have to keep in mind that majority of those 360 games were previously on PS+ as well. That's an advantage GwG has for month by month comparison, they have a huge library of old games to be able to give away, while PS+ given away most of those in the past.

I agree that the lack of ocassional AAA titles for PS4 (even if they were remakes) is a bit dissapointing, but we still got some good titles for PS4 recently (Styx, Rocket League, inFamous First Light) along with some great indie(ish) games.
    Gaelic Flame - Hybrid created from Rathalos and Kushala Daora materials. Its cut is a death sentence
  • xEl_CidxxEl_Cidx218,021
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 16:13
    Another month to check out more games!
  • Posted on 02 October 15 at 18:48
    Meh
  • Harris59Harris591,196,223
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 22:57, Edited on 02 October 15 at 23:00 by Harris59
    Prem-aka-Prince said:Harris59 said:Can you not just assume things like that, I know exactly what KFR is and it's going in my backlog of maybe games ... I can't play every game that comes out, I pick my preferred games ...Well then what exactly is it, and what exactly is super meat boy that makes it leagues apart?I honestly don't understand why you make such a huge deal out of the comparison between SMB and KFR, yes there is clearly inspiration but they do play like different games (makes me wonder if YOU know what KFR is apart from just watching the video :/), KFR is not as fun gimmick-wise and not as solid as SMB (in my opinion), I decided to put it in my maybe pile because I prefer SMB, are we not allowed preferences within a genre? Do we have to like EVERY game that's in a somewhat similar gameplay style?

For example, I like Injustice, I don't like Mortal Kombat X so much, they're both fighting games made by the same developers with a very similar fighting style... But I just don't have that same attachment to MKX and I am not a fan of certain systems the game has, also the netcode isn't as good. I don't HAVE to love MKX just because it's kind of similar...

Back to SMB and KFR though, they are not the same game or even THAT similar that you have to like both of them. They perform very differently and I much prefer SMB...

HOWEVER for arguments sake, lets say they were exactly the same and just reskinned, even if they were completely identical then I would choose SMB for the more like-able design, besides, why would I bother playing another game that's the same thing if that was the case?

If you're a big fan of KFR then good for you, I used to be a fan of the game Haze and everyone hated on that, so I understand what it's like seeing everyone around going 'nah don't like it' and being the only one sticking up for the game... Especially when some people honestly don't give it a chance... But please remember just because someone doesn't want to play it passionately doesn't mean they just don't know what the game is, people are allowed to decide they don't like the game without it having to be down to 'oh you just don't know what it is...'

Gaelic-_-Flame said:You have to keep in mind that majority of those 360 games were previously on PS+ as well. That's an advantage GwG has for month by month comparison, they have a huge library of old games to be able to give away, while PS+ given away most of those in the past.I've been saying things like this in the past when people compare, apart from exclusives a lot the games that get offered on Xbox I swear I remember being on Plus ages ago, just wait until they've given away all those games and then people can compare the services lol, once they've both ran out of old 'classic' AAA's
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 October 15 at 05:42
    Najinceil said:MehTL;DR
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 03 October 15 at 10:15
    Prem-aka-Prince said:...(nothing wrong with being excited for SMB but you ignored KFR is all I mean)Literally the words I said from the start, but you've focused on the wrong part so I'll try and clear this up.
    Harris59 said:Prem-aka-Prince said:Well then what exactly is it, and what exactly is super meat boy that makes it leagues apart?I honestly don't understand why you make such a huge deal out of the comparison between SMB and KFR
    ...KFR is not as fun gimmick-wise and not as solid as SMB (in my opinion), I decided to put it in my maybe pile because I prefer SMB, are we not allowed preferences within a genre? Do we have to like EVERY game that's in a somewhat similar gameplay style?

...Back to SMB and KFR though, they are not the same game or even THAT similar that you have to like both of them. They perform very differently and I much prefer SMB...

HOWEVER for arguments sake, lets say they were exactly the same and just reskinned, even if they were completely identical then I would choose SMB for the more like-able design, besides, why would I bother playing another game that's the same thing if that was the case?

If you're a big fan of KFR then good for you, I used to be a fan of the game Haze and everyone hated on that, so I understand what it's like seeing everyone around going 'nah don't like it' and being the only one sticking up for the game... Especially when some people honestly don't give it a chance...

But please remember just because someone doesn't want to play it passionately doesn't mean they just don't know what the game is, people are allowed to decide they don't like the game without it having to be down to 'oh you just don't know what it is...'
    I'm "making such a huge deal" about the comparison (I only wrote two small paragraphs on a page where I wrote essays about everything else) because people -especially gamers- often ignore similar things if they're not publicised enough. I quoted eight people who had specifically expressed an interest in SMB's gameplay and didn't say much, just said put your attention on KFR also

Of course you're allowed preferences, and of course you don't have to like every game, but I still don't think you answered the question of what makes them SO different. So... it's not as fun and not as solid? That's a fair opinion, but is that reason enough to dismiss it in such stark contrast? Even your favourite game and film makers make some which are not as fun or not as solid, but you don't always ignore them and go rewatch your one favourite instead.

A comparable situation (and I should really avoid metaphors but I can never resist) is someone pays one price and receive two similar cuts of meat on their plate (forgive me vegetarians, but we're talking about Super Meat Boy after all). Then their reaction is "I LOVE this one, I'm going to gobble it up. But I'm going to leave the smaller one entirely because it's a bit less prime."
    I realise that time is a constraint, but just to try it doesn't seem like a big stretch. Even if you're someone who always wants to complete the trophy list it's less demanding by far.

If they were exactly the same... what? That has to be rhetorical. Why bother playing anything past your favourite level, or favourite entry in a series? Because you want more of the things you like, it's human nature.

Haze is a good example, and yeah, it's kind of like that. It's not that I'm the sole herald for this game, and as if it needs to be said I have nothing physical to gain nor lose from what you do and don't enjoy, but these games are given to you free together so I'm not convincing anyone to buy them, just trying to convince people who have expressed similar interests to try and find fun where they didn't realise it existed before.

Maybe you are an exception (munch had already proven that he is), that's fine. I didn't say anything specific to you either so I don't know why you seem to feel singled out (there was a laugh after that warning smiley in case that wasn't obviously a joke). Either way, play it or don't play it, it won't really affect me. But if I can bring this much-ignored game to the attention of half a dozen people who could end up enjoying it then I've done a good thing.
    And let's be honest, most people had never even heard of this game before let alone knew what it was about, which hopefully now should make clear the meaning of my original words which I still stand by.Prem-aka-Prince said:... everyone who likes super meat boy should check out Kung Fu Rabbit...
    ...take a look, you might be surprised...
    I've got enough quotes here that I could've made a whole new post just for the number of people that judge PS+ games without knowing the first thing about them (nothing wrong with being excited for SMB but you ignored KFR is all I mean)
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 03 October 15 at 11:28
    Prem-aka-Prince said:Maybe you are an exception (munch had already proven that he is)Not sure if compliment or insult laugh. I am pretty exceptional though smile
  • Posted on 03 October 15 at 12:37
    Honestly not either, it's just that you sounded like you liked SMB and ignored KFR but it turned out not to be the case.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 03 October 15 at 13:50
    ?? I never ignored KFR. I have owned it for ages and enjoyed it. I am getting confused now lol
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads