Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PS Plus Lineup For October 2015

• PipsqweekPipsqweek1,985,524
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 18:20
    Should have known Broken Age would be on PS+ at some point.
    Yay for Super Meat Boy.
    As for the rest, I almost bought a couple, but glad I didn't.
  • Posted on 30 September 15 at 18:26
    I know I keep saying this, but this is by far the worst month yet, and that's testament to how bad its getting.

Also I only just realised Broken Age's Platinum Trophy is called 3.3 hahahahahahahahahahaha oh my god that's fucking hilarious.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 September 15 at 18:28
    I've been moaning about how I keep spending money on games that only a few months later come out for free, so from now I am only buying retail.

That way I won't be gutted that I'm getting a free game like the awesome Broken Age and instead I'd be happy with it!!

£19.99 I paid!!! angry
    You can't fix stupid if it don't broke!
  • Posted on 30 September 15 at 18:54
    Good thing I held off on picking up Broken Age. I loved Grim Fandango so I'm really excited to play this. Also hear good things about Super Meat Boy all the time so I'm looking forward to that to.
  • StuTheChiefStuTheChief6,357,208
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 19:00
    Super Meat Boy and Kickbeat! Yes please! smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 September 15 at 19:09
    Very great month!

Broken Age: wanted it but thought it was way too expensive. Glad I get it for free now, so soon after release.
    Super Meat Boy: Awesome game. Played it on the X360 and super psyched to play it again.
    Kung Fu Rabbit: didn't even know it existed but I've watched a trailer and now I really want it.
    Chariot: I'll play it I guess, might be fun.

Unmechanical Extended: already have it, but it's a cool game and I can recommend it.

Only game I'm not interested in is Kickbeat.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,013
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 19:21
    Chariot for me this month
    The King of Hyrule
  • Posted on 30 September 15 at 20:05
    Pleased with Broken Age, toyed with getting it a while back but I'm happy with it and SMB.
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault308,531
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 20:12
    Nothing for me but that's okay! I still dread getting through the games I have on my shelf!
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,154
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 20:40
    Chariot looks great; I love couch co-op games! Broken Age looks good too, seems like it'll be a really nice story. The others I'm not really bothered about (i already have and completed unmechanical on ps3 and ps4 -- great game!!). :)
  • PipsqweekPipsqweek1,985,524
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 21:00
    LunchCannon54 said:I know I keep saying this, but this is by far the worst month yet, and that's testament to how bad its getting.Looking over what others have said, just proves you can't please everyone.

Out of curiosity, if you had control of the lineup, what would you include?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 September 15 at 21:07
    Pipsqweek said:LunchCannon54 said:I know I keep saying this, but this is by far the worst month yet, and that's testament to how bad its getting.Looking over what others have said, just proves you can't please everyone.

Second question: Did you even look at Super Meat Boy gameplay? Or Broken Age, for that matter?

Seriously, I sincerely advise everyone to at least try out Super Meat Boy on a secondary account. Such an awesome platformer...
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 30 September 15 at 21:32
    For me this is an amazing month (and im one fussy gamer) Broken Age alone makes me more than happy... I'll even try a few othere titles this month too!
    Are we born not knowing or are we born knowing all, are we growing wiser or are we just growing tall
  • Posted on 30 September 15 at 21:47
    BillyHorrible said:Pipsqweek said:LunchCannon54 said:I know I keep saying this, but this is by far the worst month yet, and that's testament to how bad its getting.Looking over what others have said, just proves you can't please everyone.

Second question: Did you even look at Super Meat Boy gameplay? Or Broken Age, for that matter?

Seriously, I sincerely advise everyone to at least try out Super Meat Boy on a secondary account. Such an awesome platformer...
    Given the response I've seen from everyone else, I'd say you guys were in the minority, and the allusions of entitlement kind of fall flat in the face of the fact that I'm paying for this service and would like to see something different other than the same 2D indie puzzle platformer I've been seeing every month.

I already have Super Meat Boy on Xbox, so this is essentially a waste of a slot for me, and I don't have any particular interest in point and clicks, especially not ones overseen by someone as disingenuous as Tim Schafer, and I already picked up Kickbeat a while ago in a sale. Nonetheless, as I always do, I'll give 'em a go.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Sony are cheap. They have the best performing console on the market right now, and given the necessity of PS+ for PS4 online resulting in it becoming ubiquitous they've essentially stopped trying with the Instant Games Collection, opting to go with low risk titles and even flat out releasing games on it when previously they proclaimed to want the games to have some sort of generally agreed upon quality (Metacritic of 70+ or something).

I feel like I subscribed to it right as it was petering out. There were a ton of retail games in the first couple of months I had it, including the excellent Gravity Rush, but it gradually devolved into the indie sludge you see before you. That's not to say the games are BAD, per se; just that there's pretty much no variety. I feel like the reason Rocket League was so acclaimed and took off as it did was that people saw it as a breath of fresh air from the stagnating pool of IGC.

Anyway if I had control of it I would put in a wider variety of games, including JRPG's as they've been sorely lacking from the line-up, and more mid-tier games from established developers. I think at least one of the Tales of games needs to be on there, as well as Ys Memories of Celceta which I think needs to be played by every Vita owner (or RPG fan, at least). Also more racing games. Love dem racing games.

I just think it's rude to claim someone as entitled or un-pleasable when they are paying for the service offered to them and continue to support it, and with this many people other than me saying it as well it has to say something about the quality of the current offerings.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 September 15 at 22:03
    LunchCannon on the PS Community website there are 100s of users complaining and stating they won't be renewing their PS Plus subscription for various reasons, but mainly due to the indy games week in and week out.

One gamer did a comparison to what games Gold have been giving away each month and it's quite incredible the quality difference.

I sit somewhere in the middle. Yes I do pay for the service but it works out to around £3.50 per month as I pay yearly and If I find one game that I will play then I've lost nothing.

I must agree though, the majority from the last year has either been awful or I already owned it. I was hoping to see something like Watch_Dogs on the PS3 and maybe something like Brothers (not that but something of that quality) on the PS4.

One more thing! am I the only person sick of PixelArt games? we own PS4s and these devs are producing games that look worse than a Commodore 64! Shovel Knight and Axiom Verge being the stand outs but the rest!!! OMG enough already.

That's a point they could have given either of those games this month! that would have been great.
    You can't fix stupid if it don't broke!
  • Posted on 30 September 15 at 22:33
    LunchCannon54 said:including JRPG's as they've been sorely lacking from the line-up, and more mid-tier games from established developers. I think at least one of the Tales of games needs to be on there, as well as Ys Memories of Celceta which I think needs to be played by every Vita owner (or RPG fan, at least). Also more racing games. Love dem racing games.
    The thing there is I couldn't give a monkey about Racing or JRPG games, I prefer me indies so if they done that it wouldn't change the overall complaints and stuff. I am not saying that they should stick with my types of games of course, just that if they change their types of lineups to please fans of one type of game then they will upset the other ones. While I am loving this months lineup, it would be nice if they mixed it up a bit to please several people rather than just the indie crowd like myself. I enjoy getting 6 indies a month for free (except for the ever increasing backlog) but I definitely would be happy if I got like 2 indies then the other 4 where split between other types of games to appeal to others, like your JRPGs or Racing games and what have you. I mean if a dumbass like me can work that out then surely Sony can too right?

I am looking forward to playing Broken Age and Super Meat Boy though, I already have Unmechanical (fantastic game btw) and Kung Fu Rabbit and Kickbeat and Chariot are two I ain't really fussed about.
  • BarsoomianBarsoomian329,324
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 23:09
    I do think there's some entitlement in play with the online reaction to the Plus lineup. I heard someone on the PS blog was complaining that Bloodborne wasn't in the IGC. LOL.

I didn't want SMB and hadn't heard of Broken Age or Unmechanical, but they probably all have something to offer me. I paid $30 each for 3 years of subs, which I would have done for MP alone. Let's call it $50 and just look at the games. I consider a variation of the Starbucks Latte Index. If I will get 5+ hours enjoyment from some game that also meets a decent quality bar for graphics and Metacritic, that to me is well worth the price of a latte, which is nearly $4. I have already very much enjoyed about 10 Plus games this year, including Infamous First Light, Transistor, The Swapper, Rocket League, Guacamalee, and more, and I still have Rogue Legacy and others in my backlog. To me, that's at least $40 of value so far.

That said, I do agree Sony isn't trying very hard, because they don't need to. They are in a dominant market position and Plus sales are huge. If MS' deals are better now, it's only grudgingly so because they are so far behind. Remember when they were in the lead, they were charging $60 for Live and giving out zero games.
  • strifekunstrifekun242,185
    Posted on 01 October 15 at 00:05
    BROKEN AGE! I've been wanting to play that since forever!
    Might get Chariot. That looks cute. Even though I have no one to co-op with. D:
  • Harris59Harris591,201,484
    Posted on 01 October 15 at 01:15
    Broken Age - Another one of those 'maybe I'll play it when I'm out of games to play', onto the backlog

Super Meat Boy - SUPEEEEEEERRRR MEAT BOY! I will play this for sure

Unmechanical: Extended Edition - Most likely wont touch it

KickBeat - I'm sure I remember hearing a couple of decent things about this but I don't know, another one for the 'maybe I'll play it when I'm out of games to play' pile

Kung Fu Rabbit - 'maybe I'll play it when I'm out of games to play' pile

Chariot - 'maybe I'll play it when I'm out of games to play' pile

But to be honest I already have a small backlog already and I really want to play a few of the older Plus titles I haven't touched yet... Then there's new releases and Afterbirth on the horizon... And there's some older games (as well as new games) I want to go out and buy xD
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads