The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

EU PS Store Discounts: September 23rd, 2015

• Posted on 23 September 15 at 19:03, Edited on 23 September 15 at 19:08 by Prem-aka-Prince
    Been waiting for this post because I want to know if anyone else thinks the Arkham Knight season pass discount is a good offer or not. 1/3rd off is not great, but then again it's still pretty early. It's still hugely expensive too. 50% off would be a further £5.5 off, which can buy you a lot on PSN, so I'm starting to think I should wait for that then. depends how much I want the AK dlc...

BTW, has anyone played NOVA-111? Curious about it because it sounds kind of unusual. Surprised to see it on sale so soon.
    After playing Armello, another launch game which went ignored by almost everyone, I'm tempted to give this a shot. Although nobody has completed it yet and there are no guides, every trophy as been earnt by someone....
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 15 at 19:21, Edited on 23 September 15 at 19:23 by
    Going to get Assassins Creed Black Flag and Freedom Cry. Also getting Tembo the badass Elephant because that's £4.99 from £12.99 I believe.
    You can't fix stupid if it don't broke!
  • Posted on 23 September 15 at 20:20, Edited on 23 September 15 at 20:24 by LunchCannon54
    There's a lot of discounts not covered by this update. Check out PsPrices in the EU/AU section.

And FINALLY RATCHET AND CLANK ALL 4 ONE IS ON SALE. I mean it's probably not very good but I can finally finish the series off in terms of trophies (well, excluding the Vita versions of 2 and 3).
  • Posted on 23 September 15 at 20:45
    LunchCannon54 said:And FINALLY RATCHET AND CLANK ALL 4 ONE IS ON SALE. I mean it's probably not very good but I can finally finish the series off in terms of trophiesI would say it's not as good as the others, but it's not awful. It's just designed for the multiplayer co-op/competitive 'friendly jostling' dynamic and when played alone just doesn't feel the same.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 23 September 15 at 21:18
    LunchCannon54 said:There's a lot of discounts not covered by this update. Check out PsPrices in the EU/AU section.
    Yeah unfortunately that does seem to be the case. Fred Dutton on the PS Blog said "Apologies, there are 100s of items discounted this week and we just weren’t able to pull all the data in time.".

I plan on having a look through all them later on and possibly adding in the ones that were excluded from the blog list, time depending. There has been a few cases of them omitting some sales as of late which is slightly annoying.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 15 at 22:02, Edited on 23 September 15 at 22:28 by
    Prem-aka-Prince said:Been waiting for this post because I want to know if anyone else thinks the Arkham Knight season pass discount is a good offer or not. 1/3rd off is not great, but then again it's still pretty early. It's still hugely expensive too. 50% off would be a further £5.5 off, which can buy you a lot on PSN, so I'm starting to think I should wait for that then. depends how much I want the AK dlc...I'm loving the DLC so far and there should still be much more. It indeed all depends on how much you'd want the DLC...

JoystiQz-_-z said:Going to get Assassins Creed Black Flag and Freedom Cry. Also getting Tembo the badass Elephant because that's £4.99 from £12.99 I believe. Both very enjoyable AC titles. Didn't know Tembo was on sale, going to take a look myself.

munchmagic1986 said:LunchCannon54 said:There's a lot of discounts not covered by this update. Check out PsPrices in the EU/AU section.
    Yeah unfortunately that does seem to be the case. Fred Dutton on the PS Blog said "Apologies, there are 100s of items discounted this week and we just weren’t able to pull all the data in time.".

I plan on having a look through all them later on and possibly adding in the ones that were excluded from the blog list, time depending. There has been a few cases of them omitting some sales as of late which is slightly annoying.
    Seems like I should just open my PS store then...

Edit:
    Great Scott! Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut is on a 40% discount! Another game I have on my wishlist without realising it had been released already... Bought it!

People who enjoy Portal and Magrunner may want to check this out. I haven't played it myself but the trailer gives off the same vibe.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 23 September 15 at 23:24
    Looks like I'm safe again this week!
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 15 at 23:39
    I love L.A....
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,153
    Posted on 24 September 15 at 06:52
    Thanks for the tip on Q.U.B.E., looks like a great game! I also picked up R&C: Crack in Time and R&C: All 4 One. Also, they FINALLY put the including-dlc version of Sleeping Dogs on sale, so i get to play through that magnificent game again! I completed it when it was free on xbox 360 years ago, but been dying for another crack at it. :D
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 September 15 at 07:20
    MonkeyBrad91 said:Thanks for the tip on Q.U.B.E., looks like a great game! I also picked up R&C: Crack in Time and R&C: All 4 One. Also, they FINALLY put the including-dlc version of Sleeping Dogs on sale, so i get to play through that magnificent game again! I completed it when it was free on xbox 360 years ago, but been dying for another crack at it. :DI've played through the first sector of Q.U.B.E. now and it is indeed fun, though the rest of the game has to show if this is the kind of puzzle that can keep fresh.

I never played any Ratchet but I have the non-trophy Quest For Booty lying around unplayed, got it along with the PS3. I checked it recently and it seems I would want Crack In Time and Nexus. The latter isn't on sale now though and I don't know if the sale of the former is good enough to sway me -it's only €10 on disc over here and I have a couple of finished disc games lying around, waiting to be traded.

I replayed Sleeping Dogs on the PS4 after playing it on the X360 but I realised I didn't enjoy it as much any more :-(
  • Posted on 24 September 15 at 09:43
    R&C beginner's guide:
    2007 Tools of Destruction (89) - main entry, very good, no trophies.
    2008 Quest for Booty (76) - mini entry, isolated story same comedic atmosphere but less RPG elements, no trophies.
    2009 A Crack in Time (87) - next main entry, good also, all after this have trophies.
    2011 All 4 One (70) Experimental. same atmosphere, has its qualities, but plays much better as a group.
    2012 Full Frontal Assault [Q-Force] (64) Experimental. Has its qualities also, good for people who like a little RTS base/troop management, but lacks a lot of the adventure which made the series great.
    2013 Into the Nexus (76) Last main entry and a very good tribute, but packed with references intended for series veterans. Also, it's knowingly smaller in size, which was reflected in a lower price point from the beginning.

In short I would recommend either Tools of Destruction if you want the first PS3 game, Crack in Time if you want the first trophy game, or Quest for Booty if you want a smaller one to try it out, it's kind of like a powered up demo.
    If you want to start historically then the Trilogy is an option, but then don't forget Deadlocked/Gladiator as well!
    I wouldn't recommend starting with Nexus, as good a game as it is, because you won't understand many of the series references.

Btw as for price they are all good as all games in the series have reduced base price. Nexus is the only one that's not such a good deal because the base price is the same as the other two main games even though it's a smaller game.
    =Semper Fi=
    Posted on 24 September 15 at 22:22
    OH MY GOD, QFORCE IS FULL FRONTAL ASSAULT?!?! So I *CAN* complete my collection!! Glad this popped up in my threads, thanks Prem!
  • Posted on 24 September 15 at 22:46
    MonkeyBrad91 said:OH MY GOD, QFORCE IS FULL FRONTAL ASSAULT?!?! So I *CAN* complete my collection!! Glad this popped up in my threads, thanks Prem!lmao, you didn't know? I guess it was worth explaining after all. The state of this series is a little more crazy than others. As you can see QForce is just the PAL region name for FFA... don't ask why lol.
    =Semper Fi=
    Posted on 25 September 15 at 02:25
    No, how the hell was I supposed to know that. :P There's no alternate name written on the TT page. I only found out that the game Gladiator was actually 'Deadlocked' when i popped trophies in a different game. XD
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads