Community Events

Forum to discuss TrueTrophies Community Events

How long do you think Leap Frog 2015 will last?

• eektoreektor82,043
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 17:12
    I know for me, I would be happy to get past period 5, but I find it fun to check the stats and see how long this event will go on for. I just checked the True Achievement contest and it lasted til period 100. As we have fewer competition I think we might get up to period 60.

How long do you think it will last?
  • Posted on 23 September 15 at 20:06, Edited on 23 September 15 at 22:14 by PancakeSteak
    I don't know...after only two days we've already lost 25% of the contest field. A smaller contest field could make for a fiercer competition though; I think somewhere between Period 50-60 might be about right for TT. The question is ultimately going to be if we have enough people in this Leap Frog to even warrant the competition lasting that long. By comparison, the TA 2015 Leap Frog that lasted to Period 100 started with 2,021 people. TT only started with 119- which is already down to 89 as of this post.

I've also noticed that more than a few people are burning through what could have been several days worth of Leap Frog trophies early on, so let me just offer some friendly advice to anyone aiming to win: this is a contest about longevity, not leaderboard numbers. Slow and steady is what's needed to win this race, so be careful you don't waste all of your trophies now, or you won't have them when you'll need them to get the lead out in the long run! smile

I seriously doubt I will last long, as I'm doing this for the sake of fun rather than winning, but I'm still going to make an effort just to see how far I can get. My current goal is to make it to Period 10.
    "Be firm, but gentle; determined, but kind."
  • Posted on 23 September 15 at 21:46
    M155G4DG8T said:I've also noticed that more than a few people are burning though what could have been several days worth of Leap Frog trophies early on, so let me just offer some friendly advice to anyone aiming to win: this is a contest about longevity, not leaderboard numbers. Slow and steady is what's needed to win this race, so be careful you don't waste all of your trophies now, or you won't have them when you'll need them to get the lead out in the long run! smileThe guy that won on TA burned through a lot at the start. I think he was over 500 achievements more that he would have needed to get for the win. I burned through a lot yesterday since 9 came from game completion. I am not actually aiming to win though so didn't feel like holding back
  • Posted on 24 September 15 at 00:34
    The % of participants is actually nearly the same from TA to TT given the site population.

I think that the TT Leap Frog will actually make it closer to 90 days. Between PS3, Vita and PS4 major releases coming up, there's lots of trophies out there.
  • GAMERJETGAMERJET577,067
    Posted on 24 September 15 at 09:24
    I'll say 86 days.
    Remember to give credit to the person who got you to join the site!
  • Posted on 24 September 15 at 13:40
    Since it's not an average, all it depends on is the top two fiercest gamers! I'm going to wait until many more people are eliminated before I start looking at who the contenders are. It's not possible to tell at a glance yet because the "contest top gamers" list is just people that have wasted a lot of trophies, not the people who have spent the days doing the most prep.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 September 15 at 14:00
    Kornfan2007 said:M155G4DG8T said:I've also noticed that more than a few people are burning though what could have been several days worth of Leap Frog trophies early on, so let me just offer some friendly advice to anyone aiming to win: this is a contest about longevity, not leaderboard numbers. Slow and steady is what's needed to win this race, so be careful you don't waste all of your trophies now, or you won't have them when you'll need them to get the lead out in the long run! smileThe guy that won on TA burned through a lot at the start. I think he was over 500 achievements more that he would have needed to get for the win. I burned through a lot yesterday since 9 came from game completion. I am not actually aiming to win though so didn't feel like holding backI'm one of the frontrunners right now. I don't see it as burning through trophies though, I'm just playing fun games. The contest is not nearly as important for me as playing fun games, I'll be out in a week or so anyways.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 24 September 15 at 22:16
    My guess is 47 days, or maybe even a nice round 50.
  • Posted on 27 September 15 at 13:59
    i'll keep going for as long as i can but if i get to day 10 i'll be happy
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 September 15 at 14:47
    I'm safe for today's period. I completed the first full week of the contest, which is what I preferred. We'll see how long I last now but I doubt I'll be in for another full week.
  • JakdannJakdann648,125
    Posted on 27 September 15 at 17:06
    Think I will only last until day 10 maybe 14 at a push. No way will I be in it till day 47 lol
  • Posted on 28 September 15 at 00:05
    Surprisingly, people really pulled it together after the first day, so I guess the first day eliminations were just weeding out the people who had zero interest at all (though I did hear reports of TT issues, so could be that).
    It's quite good to see people keeping it up this far, I thought we'd be losing more and more, but that isn't yet the case. Still, like you have said in your modesties, I guess the time will come soon where we pass the kinds of numbers most players can casually get in a single day.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 September 15 at 05:57
    Prem-aka-Prince said:Surprisingly, people really pulled it together after the first day, so I guess the first day eliminations were just weeding out the people who had zero interest at all (though I did hear reports of TT issues, so could be that).
    It's quite good to see people keeping it up this far, I thought we'd be losing more and more, but that isn't yet the case. Still, like you have said in your modesties, I guess the time will come soon where we pass the kinds of numbers most players can casually get in a single day.
    I think this happens often with these contests. Over at TA, the first weeks of GTASC (with a set number of drops per period) just drops all those people who signed up but aren't doing anything.

And yeah I agree that we'll lose more and more players once the number of trophies to be obtained get too high for the casual gamers. Though note that I'm a casual gamer too and I got 23 trophies in Jak3 yesterday simply by just playing the game smile there's a lot even casual gamers can do to get at least through the first month, if they want to.
  • GAMERJETGAMERJET577,067
    Posted on 28 September 15 at 06:11
    Having been in the TA LeapFrog myself and reading up on the status/forum posts' of the others who participated, it seemed by Day 30 many agreed that it was beginning to prove taxing (myself included) and by Day 60 many of those remaining began talking about how they were giving up sleep in order to keep their numbers up and I believe it was about Day 80 where one of them said they getting about 4 hours sleep or so.

I went out Day 58 and it wasn't due to a lack of games, I simply stayed up too late the previous day to hit the 57 Day target and I overslept and missed the target by about 20 or so on Day 58.
    Remember to give credit to the person who got you to join the site!
  • MayadomeMayadome523,354
    Posted on 28 September 15 at 15:38, Edited on 28 September 15 at 15:41 by Mayadome
    I could probably last till period 20 but will have to really dig deep to get any further than that. I've got most of the Driveclub DLC lined up, Jak 2 and 3 on Vita, Sly 2 and 3 on PS3 and a handful of easy indies.
    Feel The Ether
  • Posted on 29 September 15 at 19:39, Edited on 29 September 15 at 19:39 by Prem-aka-Prince
    Currently, we're only a few hours from day end and half of remaining players (31/61) are in elimination zone. This could get dicey!
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 29 September 15 at 21:12
    I can't go past today (uploaded trophies early yesterday just for the hell of it) due to a death in the family demanding my attention,which of course, is how it should be.

Good luck to everyone remaining!
  • Posted on 02 October 15 at 20:05
    I've won 12 trophies today but the contest says 11. I don't really want to earn another one if I don't have to. I don't really understand why that has happened?
  • Posted on 02 October 15 at 20:07
    Kralmonharthus said:
    I've won 12 trophies today but the contest says 11. I don't really want to earn another one if I don't have to. I don't really understand why that has happened?
    Stealth Inc 2: A Game of ClonesConnoisseur ClubKralmonharthusThe Connoisseur Club trophy in Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones worth 44 pointsPlay and complete a Community Map and rate it.

This trophy was won at 00:22, the daily periods last from 1am to 1am. I assume you sync'd it up before 1am since it isn't counting.
  • Posted on 02 October 15 at 20:16
    munchmagic1986 said:
    Kralmonharthus said:
    Stealth Inc 2: A Game of ClonesConnoisseur ClubKralmonharthusThe Connoisseur Club trophy in Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones worth 44 pointsPlay and complete a Community Map and rate it.

This trophy was won at 00:22, the daily periods last from 1am to 1am. I assume you sync'd it up before 1am since it isn't counting.
    Yes! I've confused myself even though I knew the hour difference. Thanks munch!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads