Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

New Video For Rise of the Tomb Raider

• Posted on 22 September 15 at 15:29
    Now that's what I like to see in a Tomb Raider game; beautiful environments just screaming "explore me", ancient booby-trapped puzzles, and no Rambo-guerilla Lara. Looking good!

I hope this game leans closer to something more open world-ish; the past few games felt way too linear to me. The reboot improved on it slightly, but it still pretty much funneled you where you needed to go. Tomb Raider is, or at least used to be, based around exploration, so an open world style would be a perfect fit for the series.
    "Be firm, but gentle; determined, but kind."
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 15 at 06:58
    I can't wait to play this game, but I have to. Damn you Microsoft!
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • OjotangoOjotango58,539
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 09:29
    I really hope that they code in some nice bonuses for the wait we're forced to endure. Decent use of the scratchpad & controller speaker would be awesome!
    So much for pathos...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 15 at 09:36
    Ojotango said:I really hope that they code in some nice bonuses for the wait we're forced to endure. Decent use of the scratchpad & controller speaker would be awesome!I'm guessing that we will get some kind of "complete" edition.

For such a long wait I'll be damned if they get my money though. I'll just wait a while and get it used. I'm petty that way.
  • OjotangoOjotango58,539
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 09:45
    BillyHorrible said:Ojotango said:I really hope that they code in some nice bonuses for the wait we're forced to endure. Decent use of the scratchpad & controller speaker would be awesome!I'm guessing that we will get some kind of "complete" edition.

For such a long wait I'll be damned if they get my money though. I'll just wait a while and get it used. I'm petty that way.
    I'll probably pay because I'm an idiot that way! laugh

I was tempted to get it on 360 so I can play it sooner, but I really want to play it on latest gen, so I'll stick out the wait I guess. Plenty to be getting on with in the meantime!
    So much for pathos...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 15 at 11:07
    Ojotango said:BillyHorrible said:Ojotango said:I really hope that they code in some nice bonuses for the wait we're forced to endure. Decent use of the scratchpad & controller speaker would be awesome!I'm guessing that we will get some kind of "complete" edition.

I'll probably pay because I'm an idiot that way! laugh

I was tempted to get it on 360 so I can play it sooner, but I really want to play it on latest gen, so I'll stick out the wait I guess. Plenty to be getting on with in the meantime!
    Yeah, I still have a big backlog to go through.
  • ZoeperJZoeperJ34,462
    Posted on 24 September 15 at 05:35
    Yeah, I actually had all the first Tomb Raiders on the PlayStation
    Tomb Raider
    Tomb Raider II
    Tomb Raider III
    Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

Then lost interest, and Tomb Raider got me back, and then EIDOS/Square Enix sold their souls... Rose is scheduled for the Holiday of 2016, I'll watch a Let's Play on YouTube or Twitch.tv ... that is for EIDOS screwing me over...

Much more looking forward to Hitman and Syndicate (not sure if and which to pre-order)?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 September 15 at 06:15
    ZoeperJ said:Yeah, I actually had all the first Tomb Raiders on the PlayStation
    Tomb Raider
    Tomb Raider II
    Tomb Raider III
    Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

Then lost interest, and Tomb Raider got me back, and then EIDOS/Square Enix sold their souls... Rose is scheduled for the Holiday of 2016, I'll watch a Let's Play on YouTube or Twitch.tv ... that is for EIDOS screwing me over...

Much more looking forward to Hitman and Syndicate (not sure if and which to pre-order)?
    After the first Tomb Raider, I actually did not fully play through any Tomb Raider until the Core Dynamics ones, I loved those. (Anniversary/Legend/Underworld). Also loved the newest one though it's far from what the usual Tomb Raiders were (more of an Uncharted entry, really).

As for the last question: it should not come as a surprise that I'm telling you to pre-order Syndicate wink I already pre-ordered the Charing Cross edition, naturally.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads