The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

NA PSN Flash Sale: September 18th, 2015

• PunkyliarPunkyliar108,780
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 September 15 at 21:01
    So many titles that I've wanted at stupidly cheap prices, so I will be getting! Omega Quintet, Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mysteries Of Little Riddle, Dragon's Lair, Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 and One Piece: Unlimited World Red.

Welcome to the backlog!! shock
    You can't fix stupid if it don't broke!
  • Posted on 19 September 15 at 21:29
    Dare I put $10 on my USA account so I can get the USA version of Tales of Xillia?
  • Posted on 19 September 15 at 23:05
    I love flash sales! :)
    Nobody but you...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 September 15 at 23:34
    I wish they did them on UK PSN, It's such a faf getting US PSN money from eBay.
  • Posted on 19 September 15 at 23:35
    JoystiQz-_-z said:I wish they did them on UK PSN, It's such a faf getting US PSN money from eBay.Can you not just pay with PayPal? I have been meaning to try that for a while but I am too lazy.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 September 15 at 00:09
    Munch, according to community.us.psn.com, the EU PAYPAL doesn't work on a US PSN account and this has been purposefully implemented to prevent false accounts being set up! we're doing it anyway so you'd think Sony would just be happy to take the money any which way.
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,444
    Posted on 20 September 15 at 03:55
    You JoystiQz-_-z said:I wish they did them on UK PSN, It's such a faf getting US PSN money from eBay.I just use amazon.com for mine -- Though my nephew pointed me to another site which he uses for all his code purchases, and they're actually cheaper than the monetary value! It's at g2a.com so will probably use them next time.

OT: Nothing I want here, though I'm not really an anime fan so none of these are really my style, as far as I know. :)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 September 15 at 06:41, Edited on 20 September 15 at 06:42 by
    I think I'll wait for the Black Friday blowout sale. I have just about nothing left on my account and none of these titles make me want to go through the hassle of getting more money on there.

Also, I have yet to come close to finishing all those games I bought in the under $1 sale from earlier this year.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 20 September 15 at 08:22
    Blue Toad Murder files only episode 1 though? Why even bother?
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 September 15 at 10:10
    Prem-aka-Prince said:Blue Toad Murder files only episode 1 though? Why even bother?If it's any good you can get episodes 2-6 for $8 so it's worth it IMO.

MonkeyBrad91 said:I just use amazon.com for mineI've always used eBay and then I read last night that as long as you have a US address on file that you can do the digital codes on Amazon. That'll help because they're instant. I'll give Amazon a go next time.
  • Posted on 20 September 15 at 11:32, Edited on 20 September 15 at 11:33 by MysticalShadow86
    JoystiQz-_-z said:I've always used eBay and then I read last night that as long as you have a US address on file that you can do the digital codes on Amazon. That'll help because they're instant. I'll give Amazon a go next time.pcgamesupply.com also do them (thats where I get mine from) also play-asia.com also sell them (used them for the codes as well.)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 September 15 at 12:07
    Thanks Mystical, that's gives me many more options then I had, so that should at least not make it such an fiddle to get PSN money.
  • Posted on 20 September 15 at 12:23
    JoystiQz-_-z said:Prem-aka-Prince said:Blue Toad Murder files only episode 1 though? Why even bother?If it's any good you can get episodes 2-6 for $8 so it's worth it IMO.It is good, I played all of them years ago (2010-11), probably after a discount of some sort. I just meant what's the point of putting the one episode on sale, and similarly, what's the point in only buying one episode when you have no guarantee the rest will go on sale?

If it were me I'd probably just wait and buy them all in a sale. On the EU store they have a complete bundle as well as the episode 1 & upgrade option, but just looked at the NA store and looks like they only have the overpriced ep 1 and upgrade option. The normal price of 1 costs virtually half as much as the upgrade for the next 4... kind of a scam, that.

Not to sound rude, but where did you get $8 from? I'm seeing $10 on the store for the upgrade. Sure, 80% off on the overpriced ep1 might seem like a good deal, but they should have a complete bundle for $15 (judging by the currency conversions on ep1), which means you'd be paying less if the complete bundle were discounted by even 27.5%... but the difference is most people wouldn't see 27.5% discount and be impressed. They woo you in with an 80% discount, but really, you're paying more. Marketing wins again.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 September 15 at 12:27, Edited on 20 September 15 at 12:29 by
    Oh sorry Prince, I thought you meant why am I bothering to get episode 1 because in the 1st post I said I was.

In regards to the $8, that's what I thought I read last night but I obviously didn't if you're seeing it as $10. Either way, it's worth me getting it as I'd never heard of it and most likely won't get the rest of them unless they come into a sale.

If I got 80% off of episode one and then either EU or US does a episodes 2-6 for any % off in the future then I'm on a winner.

The truth is I was just interested to see what the game was about and didn't really give the further episodes any thought.
  • Posted on 20 September 15 at 14:17
    It's pretty good, not amazing and quite flawed in places (small dev, first self-published/original IP game, so you have to cut some slack), there's decent variety in the puzzles and plot and some of the characters are pretty interesting if exaggerated. There's one who shouts "SCUM!" and in my mind it's infinitely quotable, but nobody will ever get the reference and you'll just sound crazy!
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 September 15 at 15:34
    Prem-aka-Prince said:It's pretty good, not amazing and quite flawed in places (small dev, first self-published/original IP game, so you have to cut some slack), there's decent variety in the puzzles and plot and some of the characters are pretty interesting if exaggerated. There's one who shouts "SCUM!" and in my mind it's infinitely quotable, but nobody will ever get the reference and you'll just sound crazy!Ha ha, thanks for the heads up Prince. I often get people shouting scum at me as I walk along my road, at least now I know they were quoting this game! laugh
  • Posted on 21 September 15 at 06:55
    MysticalShadow86 said:Dare I put $10 on my USA account so I can get the USA version of Tales of Xillia?Oh yeah, I forgot US Tales of Xillia had a different list. Don't know if I can be bothered completing it again, though.
  • Posted on 21 September 15 at 15:11, Edited on 21 September 15 at 15:12 by MysticalShadow86
    LunchCannon54 said:MysticalShadow86 said:Dare I put $10 on my USA account so I can get the USA version of Tales of Xillia?Oh yeah, I forgot US Tales of Xillia had a different list. Don't know if I can be bothered completing it again, though.It actually has 3 different lists, EU, USA & JP. Xillia 2 is the same.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads