Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Trailer

• FiveWizzFiveWizz44,145
    Posted on 17 September 15 at 13:46
    I don't keep up with playstation news enough because of my xbox but is this just a HD remake of KH 2 with bonus content etc? Is there going to be a KH remaster or anything? Thanks. I've not played any of them and want to do so.
  • Posted on 17 September 15 at 15:15
    TheRealKidOmega said:I don't keep up with playstation news enough because of my xbox but is this just a HD remake of KH 2 with bonus content etc? Is there going to be a KH remaster or anything? Thanks. I've not played any of them and want to do so.1 and 2 have already been remastered, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_HD_1.5_Remix and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_HD_2.5_Remix

This is a remaster of the latest game, which was on 3DS in 2012, as well as a new game (0.2 Fragmentary Passage) in the KH3 engine but of unclear size.

As for the article itself, I'm looking forward to KH3. I'll need some kind of recap video though, as I played DDD on 3DS yet the only thing I remember clearly about it is not really liking the pets.
    =Semper Fi=
  • PunkyliarPunkyliar108,749
    Posted on 17 September 15 at 15:16, Edited on 17 September 15 at 15:17 by Punkyliar
    TheRealKidOmega said:I don't keep up with playstation news enough because of my xbox but is this just a HD remake of KH 2 with bonus content etc? Is there going to be a KH remaster or anything? Thanks. I've not played any of them and want to do so.There are three compilation discs with HD remakes of Kingdom Hearts games.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix includes:
    KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX - Kingdom Hearts remade with the Japanese exclusive Final Mix content
    KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories - a HD remake of the PS2 remake of the original GameBoy Advance title Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
    KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days - a film version of the DS game of the same name. There is no gameplay, just nearly 3 hours of cinematics from the game

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix includes:
    Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix - Kingdom Hearts 2 remade with the Japanese exclusive Final Mix content
    Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX - PSP title Kingdom hearts Birth By Sleep remade with the Japanese exclusive Final Mix content
    Kingdom Hearts Re:coded - a film version of the DS game of the same name, which itself was a remake of a mobile game. There is no gameplay, just cinematics from the game

You've then got Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD that includes the titles that we've detailed in the article here.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz44,145
    Posted on 17 September 15 at 15:56
    Thanks for your responses honestly.

oh wow this is fascinating but so much to take in. I'm genuinely surprised as I thought there would be/was coming a title with both kingdom hearts on ps4. So there will be no ultimate KH edition on ps4?

Maybe I'm confused and was reading a wishlist. I guess I was hoping a full remaster of both would appear on Xbox eventually but if it came to ps4 I would get it too it would be a good excuse to get my ps4 before FF VII.
  • PunkyliarPunkyliar108,749
    Posted on 17 September 15 at 16:47
    Not that has been announced. 1.5 and 2.5 are on Playstation 3 only. 2.8 will be on PS4 only. You then have Kingdom Hearts III that is coming to both Xbox One and PS4.
  • Posted on 17 September 15 at 17:04
    Would be cool if they would do that, all of them in one collection on PS4 (no more than 2 BDs hopefully!) but nah, doubt they'll do that when they can sell them separately. Might upscale and port them in parts down the line though, they did port FFX remake to PS4 later after all.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 18 September 15 at 04:27
    There's a lot to catch up with for those of us who haven't gotten in to the series.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz44,145
    Posted on 18 September 15 at 09:32
    yeah so much to catch up on! I've always been interested because of loving final fantasy but just never got round to it. I think a bundle would make commercial sense too but probably only if they released it on both consoles. I definitely read some rumours but obvs it's not been confirmed or anything.

I'll just be gutted if I don't get to play it because I definitely don't intend on buying a ps3 but will definitely be getting a ps4 eventually. Well I hope you guys enjoy this instalment.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads