Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

EU Playstation Store Update: September 2nd, 2015

• PunkyliarPunkyliar79,414
  • Posted on 04 September 15 at 15:19
    Grow Home, Xeodrifter and MGSV shock

Well at least the first two are on PS Plus clap
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 September 15 at 06:11, Edited on 05 September 15 at 06:12 by
    Zombie Vikings and Armello are €20, Grow Home is €8. I am wondering right now if the Grow Home starting price was dropped because it got to be on PS+...
    Edit: never mind, the starting price on Steam was €8 as well. That's a nice price, this thing has the look and feel of something that would be €15 at least. At least these days but then again digital game prices kind of skyrocketed these past few years. I remember the time when people started to get pissy when more and more digital games had a starting price of €10 instead of €5...

Also, can't wait for MGS V, still I am determined to get through my backlog a bit more first.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 05 September 15 at 15:58
    BillyHorrible said:Zombie Vikings and Armello are €20, Grow Home is €8. I am wondering right now if the Grow Home starting price was dropped because it got to be on PS+...
    Edit: never mind, the starting price on Steam was €8 as well. That's a nice price, this thing has the look and feel of something that would be €15 at least. At least these days but then again digital game prices kind of skyrocketed these past few years. I remember the time when people started to get pissy when more and more digital games had a starting price of €10 instead of €5...
    Really, at that length? It has one level and no replayability, not sure why you think it should be the same price level as top-price downloadable games...
    I believe Wipeout HD launched for £12 back in 2008 (£15 in today's prices if traditional inflation applied), converting to Euros is more complicated (due to dramatically varying exchange rates over that period) but that was a top-tier price for the time and was totally worth it... game was good enough to belong on a disc.
    I don't remember console gamers complaining about download prices going up (especially at that level, what madness), I only remember mobile games threatening to dilute the prices for everyone else. Luckily that didn't happen, just filtered out all the gamers that would rather pay £2 for a ten minute game than £10 for a ten hour game.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 September 15 at 17:47
    Prem-aka-Prince said:BillyHorrible said:Zombie Vikings and Armello are €20, Grow Home is €8. I am wondering right now if the Grow Home starting price was dropped because it got to be on PS+...
    Really, at that length? It has one level and no replayability, not sure why you think it should be the same price level as top-price downloadable games...
    I believe Wipeout HD launched for £12 back in 2008 (£15 in today's prices if traditional inflation applied), converting to Euros is more complicated (due to dramatically varying exchange rates over that period) but that was a top-tier price for the time and was totally worth it... game was good enough to belong on a disc.
    I don't remember console gamers complaining about download prices going up (especially at that level, what madness), I only remember mobile games threatening to dilute the prices for everyone else. Luckily that didn't happen, just filtered out all the gamers that would rather pay £2 for a ten minute game than £10 for a ten hour game.
    Limbo had a starting price of €15 back on the X360 and that one was even shorter than Grow Home...

About the prices: I did a quick scan in my old threads on TA but back when I started people were complaining about games being 1200MP instead of 800 or less, so that would be games becoming €15 instead of a maximum of €10. Either way, I think the ante has been upped recently what with all the €20 digital games coming out these days.

Then again, most of them HAVE been becoming larger in production value... Even so, €30 for Broken Sword 5 on PS4, a 6-7 hour point'n'click game that was funded through kickstarter and has been released on Steam two years ago (to mixed reviews), is just madness.
  • Posted on 05 September 15 at 21:00
    I'm still pretty sure LIMBO was overpriced, so not a great example, but I guess I'll reserve judgment. At least LIMBO has some replayability, begrudgingly as it may be.

1200MSP has seemed like a reasonable top-tier price to me for as long as I can remember (remember, I bought Wipeout HD as early as 2008 and that game proved digital games can be more than half as good as full retail) - minecraft launched at 1600MSP in march 2012 and I don't believe that has above-top-end levels of content...
    I don't know why I'm using that as an example when it's more of a counter-example working against my point lol.
    Point was simply I don't think Grow Home is worth more than it's priced at and it's certainly not worth more than Armello (regardless of the broadness of appeal).
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 September 15 at 22:15
    At any rate I'm not saying Grow Home should have a bigger price, I'm saying other games should have a lower price smile

Limbo, loving it as I do, should have a €5 to €8 price, Broken Sword is worth €10 at best... Once we start calculating on that road, we can go on for a while. I'm just glad to see the Grow Home people are content with a 'normal' price tag. It really is worth it and I'd really recommend paying those €8 for it to anyone not willing to get PS+.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.