The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

North America PSN Flash Sale: August 21st, 2015

• Posted on 24 August 15 at 02:19Permalink
    Everyone needs to be considerate of other people's culture and background as lifestyles are not the same around the world. Sales taxes are treated differently, as most of you probably already know. Cars are treated very differently in USA compared to continental Europe. Don't even get me started on the grand revelation that different users may be from different wealth levels.

Let's just agree that it's complex and clearly nobody here understands it. Nobody here needs to.

Also, Sony is a Japanese company, and SCEE's HQ is in London. US laws don't really apply. We should not be talking about buying/importing SCEA Flash Sale items, because it is already an option, but rather for SCEE to mirror the same type of sales itself (and vice versa)- like how PS+ is now synchronised. The issue therefore is somewhere between Europe and Motherland Japan.
    =Semper Fi=
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo90,048
    Posted on 24 August 15 at 02:59Permalink
    Going back to some earlier posts: making a US account, or one for a region outside your own, is incredibly fast and easy. You can do it in maybe 15 minutes (with the right advance knowledge, which I suppose takes another ten minutes haha.) After that, you'll be set for the duration. The only part you need to worry about is putting funds on the account and whether the conversion rate (for PSN digital money cards in other currencies) will outdo the savings from the sale. Though with how low some of these flash sales go, it should be worth it.
  • Posted on 24 August 15 at 07:15Permalink
    Prem-aka-Prince said:Everyone needs to be considerate of other people's culture and background as lifestyles are not the same around the world. Sales taxes are treated differently, as most of you probably already know. Cars are treated very differently in USA compared to continental Europe. Don't even get me started on the grand revelation that different users may be from different wealth levels.

Let's just agree that it's complex and clearly nobody here understands it. Nobody here needs to.

Also, Sony is a Japanese company, and SCEE's HQ is in London. US laws don't really apply. We should not be talking about buying/importing SCEA Flash Sale items, because it is already an option, but rather for SCEE to mirror the same type of sales itself (and vice versa)- like how PS+ is now synchronised. The issue therefore is somewhere between Europe and Motherland Japan.
    I'm not talking laws - Billy was. I understand licensing games in different regions and countries though, and that I understand if the game is not available, it's not going into a sale or on plus. That's a given.

I was complaining that europe doesn't get flash sales. At all. And that's not making any sense.

And no, i am not gonna make a US account for it. I'm gonna complain so Sony just might start to treat europe equally to US.
    Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
  • Posted on 24 August 15 at 08:03Permalink
    To get back on topic... Magus is freaking horrible. It's not even worth the two dollars. I picked up both pirates and three PS4 games... even though I don't have a PS4 yet lol.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.