Some great deals but nothing for me!
  • kingbigumskingbigums112,239
    Posted on 22 August 15 at 02:19
    I might get some of these!!1
  • Posted on 22 August 15 at 03:11
    Great deal on that outlast bundle if no one has it yet
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,153
    Posted on 22 August 15 at 06:43
    Nice sale! Gonna pick up the Lego game (under £5!) and Magus (4 hour platinum for £1.20? Hell yes!).

I'm still a little annoyed that I forgot to buy the Lego Lord of the Rings that I said I was going to buy in a sale a while ago. It's not often that Lego games go under £5, but I don't want to pay more for them. laugh
    [img]http://signature.rocketleaguestats.com/forum/psn/monkeybrad91.png[/img]
  • Posted on 22 August 15 at 06:52
    Wow, some great prices there! Now if only Australia got deals like this.
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 August 15 at 09:28
    A_Tennis_Giraffe said:Wow, some great prices there! Now if only Australia got deals like this.Didn't you move to the USA? *cough*makeanewprofilefromthere*cough*
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 22 August 15 at 15:16
    I'll snag Wander for this price.
  • Posted on 22 August 15 at 17:35
    I know I shouldn't look at these flash sales because I don't buy from NA store and it just makes me jealous, but it's too late... gets me every time... facepalm
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 22 August 15 at 17:53
    BillyHorrible said:A_Tennis_Giraffe said:Wow, some great prices there! Now if only Australia got deals like this.Didn't you move to the USA? *cough*makeanewprofilefromthere*cough*I 'moved' to the USA earlier this year, and it's been great as far as sales go! I made the mistake of buying a couple of Vita games though which I didn't realise didn't work on my EU Vita and main profile which sucked...
  • Posted on 22 August 15 at 21:06
    Again, only US getting a flash sale. Seriously, Sony? :/
    Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
  • AFatalTouchAFatalTouch591,160
    Posted on 23 August 15 at 02:03
    Twinkling82 said:Again, only US getting a flash sale. Seriously, Sony? :/Exactly what I was thinking. I want these kind of deals too, but I'm not gonna make a US account just for it. :/
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 August 15 at 09:02
    True-XenoBlade said:BillyHorrible said:A_Tennis_Giraffe said:Wow, some great prices there! Now if only Australia got deals like this.Didn't you move to the USA? *cough*makeanewprofilefromthere*cough*I 'moved' to the USA earlier this year, and it's been great as far as sales go! I made the mistake of buying a couple of Vita games though which I didn't realise didn't work on my EU Vita and main profile which sucked...That's a shame... I'm only buying PS3 games with it, not even PS4. I'll wait for the "under a dollar" sales though.

AFatalTouch said:Twinkling82 said:Again, only US getting a flash sale. Seriously, Sony? :/Exactly what I was thinking. I want these kind of deals too, but I'm not gonna make a US account just for it. :/Give it some time. Sooner or later, that one game you want will stop by in a rediculous sale, and you'll change your mind. Something like all old Telltale games for $0.80 a season.

Not that I'm speaking from experience here...

Also, the US getting 'better' sales is not really true, just different sales. Ever noticed how DLC goes on sale for Europeans much more often? Those rediculous sales with old games for under a dollar won't happen elsewhere because all of those international sales rights tying Sony down, so it's not (just) Sony who's to blame here.
  • Posted on 23 August 15 at 10:02
    What international sales rights? If Sony has the right to sell the game, all they need is getting greenlight from the developer and they should be able to put it on sale - everywhere.

The flash sales is always at lower prices than what they ever get here. We have the summer sales, but flash is going about half price of those.
  • ValyriousValyrious286,778
    Posted on 23 August 15 at 10:31
    Picked up The Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2, Murdered Soul Suspects, Need For Speed Rivals (which is not listed in the flash sale, but is $7.80 for both versions same as a lot of other games on here). All for PS4.

Also bought Assassin's Creed Unity which is $10 at Best Buy (Canada only). Pretty great deals imo.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 August 15 at 11:16, Edited on 23 August 15 at 11:17 by
    Twinkling82 said:What international sales rights? If Sony has the right to sell the game, all they need is getting greenlight from the developer and they should be able to put it on sale - everywhere.

The flash sales is always at lower prices than what they ever get here. We have the summer sales, but flash is going about half price of those.
    I see you've never bought a car from a company that was not based in your own country. Selling to people from other continents is messy business.

https://www.sba.gov/content/international-online-sales

Valyrious said:Picked up The Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2, Murdered Soul Suspects, Need For Speed Rivals (which is not listed in the flash sale, but is $7.80 for both versions same as a lot of other games on here). All for PS4.

Also bought Assassin's Creed Unity which is $10 at Best Buy (Canada only). Pretty great deals imo.
    Unity for $10 is a steal, have fun. Awesome game.
  • Posted on 23 August 15 at 11:46, Edited on 23 August 15 at 11:44 by CassiopeiaGames
    BillyHorrible said:I see you've never bought a car from a company that was not based in your own country. Selling to people from other continents is messy business.
    Buying a car from abroad or overborder, is the dealers/shops job. That's how it's done here. And how can you even think of comparing a game versus a car? It's two very different things with very different laws and licenses attached.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 August 15 at 12:40, Edited on 23 August 15 at 12:42 by
    Twinkling82 said:BillyHorrible said:I see you've never bought a car from a company that was not based in your own country. Selling to people from other continents is messy business.
    Buying a car from abroad or overborder, is the dealers/shops job. That's how it's done here. And how can you even think of comparing a game versus a car? It's two very different things with very different laws and licenses attached.
    *sigh* I'm talking about purchasing anything from a shop abroad. A car was just one common example of stuff people go buy in other countries.

What are you babbling about with "the dealers/shops job"? I'm talking about importing a car yourself, not buying a car in your own country that happened to be made elsewhere, I'd have thought at least that much would be clear.

No matter if it's a car, a souvenir or a videogame, there's all kinds of stuff to think about, like import taxes. I thought I'd make the story easier by using cars since everyone over here knows how much the government is abusing the 'law' to discourage people from buying their cars outside of their own country, but apparently talking about any example other than games is going over your head. So I'll keep it as simple as possible for you:

Why does Europe get a different version of Stick Of Truth than the USA? Why did we get Sound Shapes for free on PS+ only now when Saudi Arabia, India, Turkey and some other countries got it in February 2014? Why did only Australia and Germany get Gotham City Impostors for free? All these examples should make it clear for you that even though we enjoy PlayStation all over the world, every country has different rights and laws to take into account. Just because you can do a Flash Sale in North America does not mean that you can do one in Eurasia.
  • Posted on 23 August 15 at 17:20
    BillyHorrible said:Twinkling82 said:BillyHorrible said:I see you've never bought a car from a company that was not based in your own country. Selling to people from other continents is messy business.
    *sigh* I'm talking about purchasing anything from a shop abroad. A car was just one common example of stuff people go buy in other countries.

What are you babbling about with "the dealers/shops job"? I'm talking about importing a car yourself, not buying a car in your own country that happened to be made elsewhere, I'd have thought at least that much would be clear.

No matter if it's a car, a souvenir or a videogame, there's all kinds of stuff to think about, like import taxes. I thought I'd make the story easier by using cars since everyone over here knows how much the government is abusing the 'law' to discourage people from buying their cars outside of their own country, but apparently talking about any example other than games is going over your head. So I'll keep it as simple as possible for you:

Why does Europe get a different version of Stick Of Truth than the USA? Why did we get Sound Shapes for free on PS+ only now when Saudi Arabia, India, Turkey and some other countries got it in February 2014? Why did only Australia and Germany get Gotham City Impostors for free? All these examples should make it clear for you that even though we enjoy PlayStation all over the world, every country has different rights and laws to take into account. Just because you can do a Flash Sale in North America does not mean that you can do one in Eurasia.
    Buying a car in another country and deal with laws, licenses, registration and all that? Nah that's not common. I'm not saying no one does it, nor do I say you're wrong - I'm saying it was a bad example. Only rare and special cars gets imported by private buyers. And that's far and few between. That's a given.

And I had no idea you meant private import, you talked about it as it was something common, and how should I know that wasn't whats happening where you are? I barely know the rules and regulations here.

And please don't talk to me like I am stupid moron. Be nice.

One thing is that some countries gets other games on plus because that particular game isn't certified in that country, thus not officially available. Another one is not holding a sale. Not sure why you even went into this debate about this, to be honest - it has nothing to do with a sale.
  • Creepy_TouchCreepy_Touch110,001
    Posted on 23 August 15 at 20:55
    I buy all my cars from the moon cry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads