Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Special Edition Darth Vader PS4 Incoming

• Posted on 18 August 15 at 19:50, Edited on 18 August 15 at 19:51 by upindat
    not really impressed. Was hoping for maybe a 2TB edition. Plus you can get skins that look better than this. lots of cool looking ones on ebay.
  • xblOrderxblOrder346,198
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 23:25
    Not the best console though still better than a plain PS4 and its priced right as well. Here in Aus the Star Wars Console and 5 Games costs $599 and a normal 1TB console and 2 games (GTA5 and Batman Arkham Knight) costs $578.
  • Posted on 19 August 15 at 01:19
    The console looks cool, and it's a design on both halves rather than just the HDD cover which can be replaced.
    I think it's a shame that they design them to look good standing up even though the PS4 seems to be designed for lying down...

I'm shocked they have been so bold with the controller, even the rare anniversary controller was not this dramatic. I notice they have a custom pattern on the touch pad, which is about the only nice thing about it... maybe white sticks are good but I can just imagine them turning bad very quickly.
    The metallic red D-pad does look cool, actually that may be the second good thing about it, but I don't understand the red circle button. I really think controllers should have lights under the buttons by now though.

The red/blue shoulder buttons would be cool imo if it was one or the other... red would be better given the black contrast and evil theme.
    As an aside, the main body of the controller looks really shiny and plastic-y, not sure if that is normal or a deliberate imitation of Darth Vader's shell... which is pretty impressive as an idea but it looks pretty bad in the pictures so could go either way.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 19 August 15 at 01:48
    Yeah the red cn_O is a rather odd thing, doesn't seem to be any real reason for it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 August 15 at 06:20
    Loving the color scheme on the controller, shame there's one blue button in there. The red cn_O and white others are awesome.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 19 August 15 at 21:16
    But when will it be available for preorder?
  • xblOrderxblOrder346,198
    Posted on 21 August 15 at 05:54
    Went down to EB Games yesterday and put $50 down on it
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 November 15 at 07:23
    Holy hell, only now that Super Star Wars has been released (in the US market) do I see that there's actually talk of re-releasing old Star Wars games:

Star Wars Bounty Hunter
    Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
    Star Wars: Racer Revenge
    Super Star Wars

So the best of them, Super Star Wars, has already been released for everybody to download. Hopefully it will also go on the EU market, and hopefully the others will be released for everybody as well.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.