Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Gamescom Gameplay

• Posted on 12 August 15 at 15:53Permalink
    This is looking good!
  • Posted on 13 August 15 at 01:28Permalink
    Good to see it's looking more like a proper Tomb Raider game than the reboot was. I'm glad they are putting more of a focus back on the actual Tomb Raiding; the reboot was good, but too straight forward and heavy on the survival-action. If they can just get the right balance of the action of the reboot, and the puzzle-solving exploration of the original games, it'll be perfect. Oh, and there better not be any tacked on multiplayer this time either. Tomb Raider is not an online mp shooter and shouldn't be treated as such.

I think it could actually be a good thing that PS4 is getting the game a year after Xbox One. It doesn't really pay to buy games at launch these days; everything is either overpriced, unfinished, bug-laden, or all of the above. By the time PS4 gets the game, it should be a cheaper, more polished, "complete" edition.
    "Be firm, but gentle; determined, but kind."
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 August 15 at 21:14Permalink
    M155G4DG8T said:Good to see it's looking more like a proper Tomb Raider game than the reboot was. I'm glad they are putting more of a focus back on the actual Tomb Raiding; the reboot was good, but too straight forward and heavy on the survival-action. If they can just get the right balance of the action of the reboot, and the puzzle-solving exploration of the original games, it'll be perfect. Oh, and there better not be any tacked on multiplayer this time either. Tomb Raider is not an online mp shooter and shouldn't be treated as such.

I think it could actually be a good thing that PS4 is getting the game a year after Xbox One. It doesn't really pay to buy games at launch these days; everything is either overpriced, unfinished, bug-laden, or all of the above. By the time PS4 gets the game, it should be a cheaper, more polished, "complete" edition.
    I think the 'no multiplayer' thing has already been confirmed a while ago. I'm with you on the 'more puzzle platforming' bit.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.