Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Playstation Plus Titles For August Revealed

• Timmzy27Timmzy27163,677
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 19:27
    They're alright I guess, nothing I would go buy myself though.
  • Posted on 29 July 15 at 19:29
    Finally, a good month. Been meaning to give Ascension ago and now I won't have to pay for it!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 15 at 19:48
    Lesser month for me since I've owned Limbo, Sound Shapes and Ascension for ages and I don't care for Castlestorm. Then again I can now get rid of my Ascension disc version...

I like that they made Lara free. After the first one went on Gold for free I figured this one would become free eventually as well. I was prepared to pay for the collector's edition but then they made Rise Of The Tomb Raider a timed exclusive and I vowed they would not get a penny from me.

I also like that we get Stealth 2 for free, liked the first one even though I didn't get that far yet.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • PunkyliarPunkyliar104,158
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 19:56
    At least I don't need to make much effort with the stats for the next four weeks.

"Sound Shapes. The end."
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault284,694
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 19:55
    Lara and Limbo!
  • TinCannEdTinCannEd311,811
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 20:11, Edited on 29 July 15 at 20:13 by TinCannEd
    Disappointing Lineup For August PS+.warning It seems Sony's staff is just getting plain lazy & not using their brains. This lineup will get absolutely NO ONE to sign up for PS+.warning

I really think EVERYONE who has wanted to play Sound Shapes, already has it & probably picked it up on one of the 50+ Sales they had for the game in the last year & a half. It's a nice game, but a poor selection for PS+, as I said B4, most + members probably already have it.

Limbo (PS4)- Good game, but been there, done that.....NEXT!!!

Castlestorm - Nice defense game, but a budget title that has been out for ages & does not belong on +

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4) - A decent title, & not surprised to see it on the PS+ LineUp, as sales were not what they expected & will probably release DLC now.

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - Another title that has been on Sale more often than not. I actually picked it up the complete collection (1 & 2 & the dlc) the last time it was on sale. Game is Okay, but also can frustrate & will have many deleting it soon, after playing just a few times.

And then we have.....

God of War: Ascension (PS3) - Obviously the bell of the ball in this Month's PS+ LineUp. A little surprised they didn't offer this BEFORE they released the PS4 re-make.

All in all, SOny needs to step it up on PS+. There are probably going to be A Lot of unhappy PS+ Members in August.
    [IMG]http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/4/TinCannEd.png]
  • Posted on 29 July 15 at 20:21
    meh alright I guess, but could have been way better.
  • Rick_NyaRick_Nya1,272,792
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 20:34
    Really crap month.
    The only two good games are Temple of Osiris and Ascension.
    Temple of Osiris I bought on a sale and after I bought the Collector´s Edition to get the game on disc.
    Ascension everyone has played by now. I mean everyone.
    Limbo it´s a so so game that has been given on + before, don´t know what it is doing here.
    Castlestorm could have been a nice adiction if the PS4 version.
    Sound Shapes is plain crap that doesn´t deserve a thought.
    Stealth Inc is a poop no one cares about.

Each month the line up sinks more.
    Who is the dumb ass Sony put in charge of choosing the games for +?????
  • Posted on 29 July 15 at 20:36
    I haven't played sound shapes before, and that has really easy trophies. ill have to get ps plus now lol. ill probably just get a month card, or get a trial from a friend
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 15 at 22:21
    Never played Limbo so look forward to that, Castle Storm doesn't really do anything for me, but I'll probably give it ago, Sound Shapes I've done to Death. I'm meh on Lara Croft redface and I look forward to Gods of War.

Not interested in the least about Stealth Inc.
    You can't fix stupid if it don't broke!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 15 at 22:23
    TinCan I agree. Xbox this month (on the One not sure about the 360) gave Assassins Creed Black Flag and So Many Me. Both big games and both so much better than anything Sony have given recently.
    You can't fix stupid if it don't broke!
  • Posted on 29 July 15 at 23:20
    Cool, i finally get to play Ascension. Sound Shapes was surprisingly fun too but already have it with all the DLC when it hit $4 sale.
  • AhayzoAhayzo67,969
    Posted on 30 July 15 at 01:15
    Bought the Ascension CE a couple years ago but never got around to playing the game. Guess I can sell the physical game now at least. Been looking at Sound Shapes, looks fun, definitely happy to see it free.
  • Posted on 30 July 15 at 02:00
    Looks like only Limbo for me this month. I've already bought and played it on 360 and Vita (and loved it) but just couldn't justify buying it for a third time, so I'm happy to get it on Plus.

Sound Shapes is a fantastic game but I already bought that a while back. Still have to play it on PS4 though.

Stealth does interest me a bit so I will probably try it out, but I think I'll probably get frustrated with it and end up hating it.

As for the rest, none of those are to my taste, although I might play Lara Croft co-op with my partner if he decides he wants to play that one.
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91464,100
    Posted on 30 July 15 at 03:49
    Well it's the first time that a game I've bought has come up on Plus (Limbo). So in the grand scheme of things, not too bad! :)

I'll definitely play Lara Croft, possibly Ascension but I've never played any of the other God of War games and I don't really like Hack and Slash games. Sound Shapes, I assume, doesn't come with the ton of DLC so not sure I'll play that till I eventually pick up one of the thousand sales on it to get the full lot.

No interest in Castlestorm or Stealth Inc 2. First month that's been a bit meh for me!
  • seandarkoseandarko210,776
    Posted on 30 July 15 at 04:36
    Shit month
  • GAMERJETGAMERJET577,342
    Posted on 30 July 15 at 04:38
    Well, that's just disappointing.
    Remember to give credit to the person who got you to join the site!
  • xblOrderxblOrder519,644
    Posted on 30 July 15 at 04:57
    I'm liking this month's games
  • davem300490davem300490480,594
    Posted on 30 July 15 at 06:47
    I think I'll wait until sony start giving away good games again. This line-up is just pure crap. I mean who in their right mind wants sound shapes? (I've platted each version thanks to the cloud save but it was a bitch in the first place)!!
    Gamer, Walkthrough Manager, Newshound & Game Info. All around nice guy
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.