Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Volunteer to port a walkthrough

AuthorMessage
davem300490
349,393
davem300490
Posted on 13 July 15 at 19:09, Edited on 13 May 16 at 20:58 by Nomstuff
Hello everybody!

- Requests to port a walkthrough need to be done in this thread. This is very similar to the Volunteer to write a walkthrough, we'll be handling those request 2-3 times a week to make sure we stay up to date with the thread. If you see a published walkthrough linked to other versions, please also post in the newly created thread so we can update that walkthrough as well.

- Porting a walkthrough you haven't written originally will not qualify you as owner but as an editor. This rule is mandatory to make sure that the owner is still credited for their original work on their original walkthrough. Instead, the person that ported the walkthrough will have the status of Transformer, and will have the same functions as the owner. Owners of the original walkthroughs will not be listed due to the fact that, even though they did write the guide, they didn't provide a walkthrough for that regional- or console variational game.

- Porting a walkthrough does not necessarily require that games related to each other have the same trophy list. This is because some game variants have more trophies. In this scenario, we do however require the Transformer to write a guide for the additional trophy. Take Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition for the PS3 version, the trophies are considerably different on the Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition version.

- We'll be setting a limit to 3 games for each person while porting. This means 3 different titles and not the region- and/or console variations.

Obviously this is a huge undertaking and some overseers on our team will be focusing more on this task than others, but we think that it will help the community greatly in the long run. We can't offer anything more than our thanks if you do offer to help, but I'm sure the community also be hugely grateful.

Thanks in advance for applying, and looking forward to work alongside all of you!

Please note that porting walkthroughs is only allowed on TT and not from TA to TT (and vice versa). Please read the quote below, which was already mentioned on the latest Walkthrough Platform Updates.

xMC0REx said:5. Cross-site walkthrough porting
Rather than re-writing existing TrueTrophies walkthroughs for TrueAchievements and vice versa. we have come up with a more elegant solution to link walkthroughs across the sites. Should your walkthrough meet our standards, the management team has the ability to link the game on TA so it can link the users from that community back here. If you haven't send me a list with your published walkthroughs yet, now it's the time! Your walkthrough should show on TA within 24 hours of your PM.
davem300490 - Walkthrough Manager
Nomstuff - Walkthrough Assistant Manager
Gamer, Walkthrough Manager & Newshound. All around nice guy
jhayami
6,991
jhayami
Posted on 07 March 16 at 23:45
I could port my walkthrough for Dragon Inquisition over to TrueTophies.

TrueAchievements
and
TrueAchievements

Or if you're linking them now?? The trophies are the same as the equivalent achievements.
Nomstuff
64,470
Nomstuff
Posted on 08 March 16 at 11:55
I'll get that set up for you
http://raptr.com/badge/Nomsheep/fs_overall.png
NuPhoenixX
87,689
NuPhoenixX
Posted on 11 March 16 at 14:41
I'm not sure exactly how porting would work, but here's my The Saboteur walkthrough that could be ported over.
davem300490
349,393
davem300490
Posted on 14 March 16 at 06:57
NuPhoenixX said:I'm not sure exactly how porting would work, but here's my The Saboteur walkthrough that could be ported over.All you do is port it over and change the achievement links to trophy links and all the other parts related to achievements/xbox etc. I can set that up for you if that is what you want? smile
Walkthrough Manager. General all round nice guy
NuPhoenixX
87,689
NuPhoenixX
Posted on 14 March 16 at 14:30
davem300490 said:NuPhoenixX said:I'm not sure exactly how porting would work, but here's my The Saboteur walkthrough that could be ported over.All you do is port it over and change the achievement links to trophy links and all the other parts related to achievements/xbox etc. I can set that up for you if that is what you want? smileThat sounds good.
davem300490
349,393
davem300490
Posted on 15 March 16 at 06:15
I'll get that set up for you now smile
Walkthrough Manager. General all round nice guy
Prem-aka-Prince
Posted on 15 March 16 at 14:09
The OP needs a rewrite as there's conflicting information, both volunteers seem as confused as I am.
Anyway I've written a sort of checklist for future volunteers which I thought might help them catch everything:
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
I'm sure I had a signature before...
terrett101
1,574
terrett101
Posted on 13 May 16 at 13:33
Hey folks, was sent here from the TA WT forums. I just had my WT for Fallout 4 published on TA, and I wanted to get that ported over to TT. Happy to do the work once I have access to the WT here on TT, shouldn't take long to do. Thanks!
davem300490
349,393
davem300490
Posted on 16 May 16 at 04:36
Hey there! Yes we can do that for you, I'll have that set up for you by the end of the day.
Walkthrough Manager. General all round nice guy

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 May 16 at 14:32
davem300490 said:If you see a published walkthrough linked to other versions, please also post in the newly created thread so we can update that walkthrough as well.I don't know if I'm interpreting this correctly but:
I've written the The Wolf Among Us (PS3) walkthrough, and would gladly rewrite it for the PS4 and Vita versions (I haven't even played the PS3 version but ported my X360 walkthrough, I have 100%ed the PS4 version by now).

I've written the Flower (PS4) walkthrough and would gladly rewrite it for the PS3 and Vita versions (I have played the Vita version, all three are the same game with some minimal trophy differences that are no trouble to write around for).

I've also contributed to the L.A. Noire walkthrough for X360 though my work on that was minimal. As stated in the thread for that, I wouldn't mind helping with it.
#TurnOffTrophyNotifications
Nomstuff
64,470
Nomstuff
Posted on 18 May 16 at 21:41
Linked is like they used to do on TA "This walkthrough is for X game and Xgame (GOTY)

We can set those Flower and TWAU up for you in a bit.
http://raptr.com/badge/Nomsheep/fs_overall.png
Punkyliar
42,590
Punkyliar
Posted on 26 June 17 at 14:08
I'm not sure if linking is possible here, but if so, can I have my Broken Age walkthrough linked to the new physical edition of the game please? The trophy list is identical. If not, I'm also happy to port it.
davem300490
349,393
davem300490
Posted on 30 June 17 at 05:16
Punkyliar said:
I'm not sure if linking is possible here, but if so, can I have my Broken Age walkthrough linked to the new physical edition of the game please? The trophy list is identical. If not, I'm also happy to port it.
I'll take a look at that today for you, is it from the PS3 to PS4?
Walkthrough Manager. General all round nice guy
Punkyliar
42,590
Punkyliar
Posted on 30 June 17 at 10:57
davem300490 said:
Punkyliar said:
I'm not sure if linking is possible here, but if so, can I have my Broken Age walkthrough linked to the new physical edition of the game please? The trophy list is identical. If not, I'm also happy to port it.
I'll take a look at that today for you, is it from the PS3 to PS4?
PS4/Vita digital (Broken Age) to PS4/Vita physical (Broken Age (Physical)).
davem300490
349,393
davem300490
Posted on 02 July 17 at 04:09
Punkyliar said:
davem300490 said:
Punkyliar said:
I'm not sure if linking is possible here, but if so, can I have my Broken Age walkthrough linked to the new physical edition of the game please? The trophy list is identical. If not, I'm also happy to port it.
I'll take a look at that today for you, is it from the PS3 to PS4?
PS4/Vita digital (Broken Age) to PS4/Vita physical (Broken Age (Physical)).
I should of really guessed that, shows what not much sleep does. Could you port it over? It would be easier our end. I'll have that set up for you now
Walkthrough Manager. General all round nice guy
Punkyliar
42,590
Punkyliar
Posted on 21 October 17 at 10:10
Now that my walkthrough is published for Demetrios – The BIG Cynical Adventure, will it be linked to Demetrios - The BIG Cynical Adventure (EU) or shall I port it? The trophy list is identical. If you need me to port it, can I take that version next please?

If I'm not porting to the EU version, can I please take Demetrios - The BIG Cynical Adventure (Vita) instead? That trophy list is slightly different (and possibly the control scheme), so it will need a port rather than a link.
davem300490
349,393
davem300490
Posted on 09 November 17 at 14:06
Punkyliar said:
Now that my walkthrough is published for Demetrios – The BIG Cynical Adventure, will it be linked to Demetrios - The BIG Cynical Adventure (EU) or shall I port it? The trophy list is identical. If you need me to port it, can I take that version next please?

If I'm not porting to the EU version, can I please take Demetrios - The BIG Cynical Adventure (Vita) instead? That trophy list is slightly different (and possibly the control scheme), so it will need a port rather than a link.
We can get that sorted for you Punky, I'll set you up with all at once. Refer to the other Public walkthrough page :)
Walkthrough Manager. General all round nice guy
NicoleRenee00
Posted on 01 December 18 at 20:28
Hoping to port over 1979 Revolution, thanks davem300490!
davem300490
349,393
davem300490
Posted on 01 December 18 at 20:36
NicoleRenee00 said:
Hoping to port over 1979 Revolution, thanks davem300490!
I'll get that sorted asap for you Nicole smile
Walkthrough Assistant Manager. General all round nice guy
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueTrophies to track your games and trophies correctly, we need to be able to access your trophy information. If your trophies are not being scanned, it is likely that your PlayStation account privacy settings need reconfiguring - it is possible to do this via a console.

1. Start up your console and navigate to and press the "Settings" button on the dashboard


2. Select "Account Management" on the settings screen


3. Select "Privacy Settings" on the account management screen


4. Select "Games" in the privacy settings screen


5. Select "Trophies" in the following screen


6. Change the value to "Anyone" and press "Confirm"
×