Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Save Importer Announced

• strifekunstrifekun242,380
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 05:44
    What a way to alienate your fans Bioware. Congratulations.

Why did you even release DAI on last gen consoles then, if you aren't going to give access to all of your fans? First time limited DLC and now this? Even the release of the game was a complete mess with all the damn bugs the game had. I truly wonder how much of this is EA and how much of this is Bioware. I feel like I'd be surprised by the answer.
  • Posted on 09 July 15 at 08:03
    Oh right DLC and still i am awaiting a fix for broken quests. F you! EA & Bioware. You taught me a valuable lesson though, do not pre-order as you are then paying to be a beta tester! Ass holes!!
    IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 July 15 at 06:27
    I don't know what you two are complaining about but I for one think Bioware is doing very good in concentrating on current gen, and going through the trouble to give last gen gamers a way of preserving their save for when they jump to current gen is very kind. I also started playing the game right away but I did not encounter any bugs.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 10 July 15 at 06:49, Edited on 10 July 15 at 07:18 by MitchCRafT_nM3
    Do you need me to explain it better?

Just because you never got any bug does not mean other people didn't, do you think they done patching for nothing aye? Just happens they are patching other bugs except the main one many encountered stopping them completing quests! That should be done first before more £££ $$$.

If you have not caught on to the pre-order fiasco going on just now and the past year that people are sick of buying pre-order or day 1 to get bug infested games then where have you been?

Origins is still full of bugs and look at how many DLC they made for that, there are still quests you can't finish in that game also and i am guessing now if they are preparing for DLC they are done with patching Inquisition and moving on which means they are going to leave the bugs that are still there. Common practice these days, i am sure you are aware of this situation seeing as you love Assassins Creed and all the complaints that came from that oh and Batman, well imagine you could not finish either of those 2 games you love because DLC was being worked on instead.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 July 15 at 09:20
    I indeed pre-ordered both Batman and Assassin's Creed (and a whole bunch of other games) but none of the games I started playing on day one showed many bugs (or even hardly any bugs). All I myself noticed with the Unity "fiasco" was that I got some free story DLC out of it. I started playing Unity right away and all I ever encountered was a single moment where the game froze.

I'd like to turn the phrase around: Just because some very vocal gamers encounter many bugs foes not mean that most other gamers did as well.

I keep pre-ordering the games I want and I keep enjoying awesome games without encountering bugs. Lucky me I guess but the only bad experience I ever had with pre-orders was when I had to download 60 Gigs of Arkham Knight and it caused me to be able to play the game four days late.

My main point still stands, it's good that another developer realises they should focus on the current generation of consoles, and it's nice of them to create a way for last gen gamers to be able to take their save file with them when they make the jump to the current gen.
  • strifekunstrifekun242,380
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 09:30
    BillyHorrible said:I don't know what you two are complaining about but I for one think Bioware is doing very good in concentrating on current gen, and going through the trouble to give last gen gamers a way of preserving their save for when they jump to current gen is very kind. I also started playing the game right away but I did not encounter any bugs.Yeah that's fine - focus on the current gens; I don't have a problem with that. What I have a problem with is them releasing a game on a console then making content exclusive so that not everyone with the game can access it. If they wanted to /just/ focus on the current gen consoles, they should have just done that in the first place instead of releasing on the older gens.

I could have waited to play the game or just preordered it and had it sat on my shelf if they were just going to do the current gen. But no, instead they release the game to all consoles (clearly without testing it) and then decide that it's too much work to give everyone the content. It's a dick move and clearly one focused on getting the most money.

Someone who's in my current situation will now have to buy a third version of the game after I get a newer gen console. I shouldn't have to buy a third copy just so I can play the DLC.

It wouldn't be so bad if it were cosmetic or weapon type DLC. But this DLC is most likely going to be story based. So now I'm going to miss out on a chunk of the story because Bioware decided that it'd rather have my money then my loyalty as a fan.

As for bugs, you must have been super lucky because I, like thousands of others, had many issues with textures, uncompletable quests, lack of companion banter, dialogue skipping and lag - just to name a few. If you look at the patch notes for the game, they fix like 100 things each time. It's absolutely absurd! The fact that a game could even go to production with that amount of bugs in it is disgusting.
  • Posted on 10 July 15 at 11:18, Edited on 10 July 15 at 11:28 by MitchCRafT_nM3
    strifekun said:As for bugs, you must have been super lucky because I, like thousands of others, had many issues with textures, uncompletable quests, lack of companion banter, dialogue skipping and lag - just to name a few. If you look at the patch notes for the game, they fix like 100 things each time. It's absolutely absurd! The fact that a game could even go to production with that amount of bugs in it is disgusting.Agreed 100%. I am a member of the forums at Bioware and there were thread after thread of people complaining across all platforms with all sorts of issues. I frequently visited posting issues and reading the issues of others and there was a lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7zxKMSSM4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf5Uj4XIT1Y

strifekun said:Yeah that's fine - focus on the current gens; I don't have a problem with that. What I have a problem with is them releasing a game on a console then making content exclusive so that not everyone with the game can access it. If they wanted to /just/ focus on the current gen consoles, they should have just done that in the first place instead of releasing on the older gens.

Also agree 100%
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 July 15 at 21:21
    strifekun said:BillyHorrible said:I don't know what you two are complaining about but I for one think Bioware is doing very good in concentrating on current gen, and going through the trouble to give last gen gamers a way of preserving their save for when they jump to current gen is very kind. I also started playing the game right away but I did not encounter any bugs.Yeah that's fine - focus on the current gens; I don't have a problem with that. What I have a problem with is them releasing a game on a console then making content exclusive so that not everyone with the game can access it. If they wanted to /just/ focus on the current gen consoles, they should have just done that in the first place instead of releasing on the older gens.

I could have waited to play the game or just preordered it and had it sat on my shelf if they were just going to do the current gen. But no, instead they release the game to all consoles (clearly without testing it) and then decide that it's too much work to give everyone the content. It's a dick move and clearly one focused on getting the most money.

Someone who's in my current situation will now have to buy a third version of the game after I get a newer gen console. I shouldn't have to buy a third copy just so I can play the DLC.

It wouldn't be so bad if it were cosmetic or weapon type DLC. But this DLC is most likely going to be story based. So now I'm going to miss out on a chunk of the story because Bioware decided that it'd rather have my money then my loyalty as a fan.

As for bugs, you must have been super lucky because I, like thousands of others, had many issues with textures, uncompletable quests, lack of companion banter, dialogue skipping and lag - just to name a few. If you look at the patch notes for the game, they fix like 100 things each time. It's absolutely absurd! The fact that a game could even go to production with that amount of bugs in it is disgusting.
    What I am mostly concerned with is the season pass. Does content still come out for that or is everything released from here on out just extra? If part of the season pass is now only released for current gen, damn right you're allowed to be pissed. If the season pass content has ended, less so. Though I agree you can still be pissed. Maybe they just should have released Inquisition only for the current gen from the start instead of switching halfway through.

My guess is that we will keep seeing 100+ bug fix versions more and more since games get bigger and bigger. Not everything is wrong for everyone all the time. That's why I can honestly state about several games that I did not encounter any bugs, while others claimed those games to be broken messes. I don't think I can get lucky this often. Maybe 100+ player beta tests just needs to become a thing. That way developers will notice these "big" bugs that in the end will only show up for 25% or less of the gamers.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads