Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Playstation Plus Titles For July Revealed

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 July 15 at 23:45, Edited on 03 July 15 at 23:46 by
    FNL4EVA23 said:EMCEEARTHUR1 said:No more buying games on the store for me. They all just come out for free afterwards. angrySame every one i bought became free almostSame here, I'm only going to buy retail because I've spent about £200 on PSN games and nearly all of them have been released or I imagine will be. I will just have to be more patient in future.
    You can't fix stupid, if it don't broke!
  • Vi-HeartVi-Heart506,180
    Posted on 03 July 15 at 23:46
    might play rain
  • Posted on 04 July 15 at 10:34
    LunchCannon54 said:Oh goodie, MORE indie puzzle platformers, because there aren't enough of them already.

Honestly I'm getting fucking sick of this, it's getting worse and it's only going to get worse from here. I mean I know there's a lot of shit AAA games out there but would it fucking kill them to release something just a little bit high profile? Like an RPG or something? Maybe one of the Tales or Atelier games, I dunno SOMETHING. There isn't a single retail title on there this month and it just shows how cheap Sony is getting with the Indie Games Collection,

Only thing even remotely appealing is Geometry Wars, I know it's just my opinion but surely more of you can see how lazy they're getting with this?
    Agree with you to a point, for me there's alot of games coming out that do not belong on a console, they are phone and tablet games and thats where they should stay, not to mention games like limbo, braid, trine etc that are great games but c'mon they are only last gen games, surely there's more earlier games worthy of a this gen port... But to be fair to sony since I got a ps4 day1 I've felt I've been slightly spoilt with some great freebies... Could be worse look at games with gold! redface
    Are we born not knowing or are we born knowing all, are we growing wiser or are we just growing tall
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 July 15 at 11:25
    Harris59 said:LunchCannon54 said:Maybe one of the Tales or Atelier games, I dunno SOMETHING. There isn't a single retail title on there this month and it just shows how cheap Sony is getting with the Indie Games Collection,Yeah, lets add a shit game... I hope you were jokin with that suggestion...

I think PS+ is doing a great job with the IGC, it's not about cash value of the games on offer, it's about getting good quality games and most importantly something different, if you wanted all AAA games on plus they'll NEVER be on release, and by the time they come around anyone interested in the game will already have it, so that's worth NOTHING to most people, meanwhile indies allow for giving gamers a diverse library to experience, to try something new for free and find great new games and genres you wouldn't have touched otherwise.

People who complain about it just want the new releases for free and don't even try any of the games on offer (and thus cannot claim they "suck")
    There's just no pleasing some people. I for one love PS+, in just a year I've got about 30 games for free which I didn't own yet and was prepared to try.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Posted on 04 July 15 at 21:22
    BillyHorrible said:Harris59 said:LunchCannon54 said:Maybe one of the Tales or Atelier games, I dunno SOMETHING. There isn't a single retail title on there this month and it just shows how cheap Sony is getting with the Indie Games Collection,Yeah, lets add a shit game... I hope you were jokin with that suggestion...

I think PS+ is doing a great job with the IGC, it's not about cash value of the games on offer, it's about getting good quality games and most importantly something different, if you wanted all AAA games on plus they'll NEVER be on release, and by the time they come around anyone interested in the game will already have it, so that's worth NOTHING to most people, meanwhile indies allow for giving gamers a diverse library to experience, to try something new for free and find great new games and genres you wouldn't have touched otherwise.

People who complain about it just want the new releases for free and don't even try any of the games on offer (and thus cannot claim they "suck")
    There's just no pleasing some people. I for one love PS+, in just a year I've got about 30 games for free which I didn't own yet and was prepared to try.
    I'm not asking for ALL AAA's, I'm just pointing out how cheap Sony is with PS+ at the moment, especially considering it's the 5 year anniversary of it. Also I listed two games (or series, more appropriately), so if you're going to call "it" shit you'd better be more specific (obviously referring to the original comment here). I do agree that it may give people a chance to play something they may not normally have, but that also applies to some of the higher publisher backed games as well, which may normally be more expensive in comparison to indie games.
  • AhayzoAhayzo67,969
    Posted on 05 July 15 at 02:15
    LunchCannon, you have to remember that they're probably trying to keep the overall value of PS+ the same as it was before. Now that PS+ is required for PS4 online play, that may very well mean the IGC value drops to keep them from raising the PS+ cost (I'm not saying they couldn't just eat the loss in profits, but that just isn't going to happen)
  • Harris59Harris591,091,783
    Posted on 06 July 15 at 01:19
    Actually if you think about it, brand new indie games are pretty much the same price as older AAAs that they used to put on there before, so it's not like money is really relevant.

When people complain it just sound like they want all the new games free like some bratty kid and aren't willing to branch out into the rest of the gaming world.

Also I don't need to be specific, I was using "shit" to refer to then all anyway ;)

I agree some AAA games are underplayed and would still give PS+ owners something different to play, I have a few games in mind actually but it's not like there's any real difference between that and an indie except one had a higher budget and a bigger team.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Posted on 06 July 15 at 09:17
    These games totally stomp last month picks, but I really wish they would give Guilty Gear Xrd so my friends could play it, or so the community as a whole could increase to a decent amount of players
  • Posted on 06 July 15 at 13:49
    alklein92201 said:LunchCannon, you have to remember that they're probably trying to keep the overall value of PS+ the same as it was before. Now that PS+ is required for PS4 online play, that may very well mean the IGC value drops to keep them from raising the PS+ cost (I'm not saying they couldn't just eat the loss in profits, but that just isn't going to happen)That's their own fault. What's their excuse for making PS+ mandatory for online on PS4? The fact that they're in dire straits financially. I swear, Sony have been really underhanded in these past couple of years with the PS4. Slipping in a LOT of anti-consumer stuff while shitting on the Xbone for doing that sort of thing which has been trying to do the opposite in recent times to win customers back (and credit to Phil Spencer for trying).
    I wouldn't put up with that, to be honest. It's why I barely if ever get Gold anymore on my XBL account.

Harris59 said:Actually if you think about it, brand new indie games are pretty much the same price as older AAAs that they used to put on there before, so it's not like money is really relevant.

When people complain it just sound like they want all the new games free like some bratty kid and aren't willing to branch out into the rest of the gaming world.

Also I don't need to be specific, I was using "shit" to refer to then all anyway ;)

I agree some AAA games are underplayed and would still give PS+ owners something different to play, I have a few games in mind actually but it's not like there's any real difference between that and an indie except one had a higher budget and a bigger team.
    Problem is the games that people apparently don't want to "branch out" to are most of the time generic, pretentious indie puzzle platformers. I don't think it's so much that people aren't willing to go out of their comfort zone (I mean fuck me look at the variety of games I play. I'm willing to give anything a shot, most of the time beyond shooters and RTS's), so much as it is these indie games are pretty much the same thing every time and people are getting sick of it.

I mean have you seen some of these games? Half of them play like fucking flash games on Kongregate and they're expecting people to pay for them most of the time. I mean why am I paying money for a service that supplies me games I've been playing on flash sites since I was 10 for free?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 July 15 at 14:53
    LunchCannon54 said:Harris59 said:Actually if you think about it, brand new indie games are pretty much the same price as older AAAs that they used to put on there before, so it's not like money is really relevant.

Problem is the games that people apparently don't want to "branch out" to are most of the time generic, pretentious indie puzzle platformers. I don't think it's so much that people aren't willing to go out of their comfort zone (I mean fuck me look at the variety of games I play. I'm willing to give anything a shot, most of the time beyond shooters and RTS's), so much as it is these indie games are pretty much the same thing every time and people are getting sick of it.

I mean have you seen some of these games? Half of them play like fucking flash games on Kongregate and they're expecting people to pay for them most of the time. I mean why am I paying money for a service that supplies me games I've been playing on flash sites since I was 10 for free?
    I tried every PS+ game in the last year, bar the ones that don't even remotely touch the genres I'm into, and I think there's a lot of awesome stuff in there. Anyone claiming PS+ games are "are most of the time generic, pretentious indie puzzle platformers" should really try some stuff. Have you tried Velocity 2X yet? or Hohokum? DuckTales: Remastered? Strider? SteamWorld Dig? CounterSpy?

I'm telling you, I keep trying the free games and I will keep trying them. I'm disappointed less than 10% of the time and I think that's a rather nice average.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
  • Harris59Harris591,091,783
    Posted on 06 July 15 at 23:18, Edited on 08 July 15 at 03:13 by Harris59
    It sounds like an opinion of someone who hasn't played the games because very few are even in the genre you described.

Screenshots are a bad way to try and judge a game.

EDIT: I can't actually think of any recent examples of a puzzle platformer being on plus, I think there was one last year maybe? Also the Vita games might be because I don't have a Vita so I wouldn't know. So to accuse all plus games of being pretentious indie puzzle Platformers is actually more wrong than I first thought, what are you basing your statement on?
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.