Talk about TrueTrophies

General chat about all things TT

Bean Dive possible?

• Posted on 27 June 15 at 17:57
    I see that the annual Bean Dive will be starting soon, will this be coming to TT also?

How hard/easy is it to transfer across to work here?

Do we have the numbers to make this a wanted thing?

It would take me a lot of downloading and deleting to get the PS+ games started but I'm up for it.
  • Posted on 27 June 15 at 18:05
    There are 3 guys at the office now so it is definitely possible to do. As for the numbers thing I'm not sure. We just hit 20,000 registered members the other day, keep in mind not all of them are active members, there will be a few that signed up and haven't really used the site since. I would personally love to see it happen though.
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,192
    Posted on 28 June 15 at 06:20
    Pass from me. But, since it will get me more TT points, you should totally do it! clap
  • Posted on 28 June 15 at 18:23
    I only have like 10-15 unstarted games. But I would join if they make it happen.
  • Posted on 28 June 15 at 19:45
    MonkeyBrad91 said:Pass from me. But, since it will get me more TT points, you should totally do it! clapGlad you're seeing a positive in this for you, I think it counts haha
  • Posted on 28 June 15 at 23:29
    Interested in this as well.
  • Posted on 29 June 15 at 09:18
    I would participate in this! I have quite a few unplayed games in my backlog and it sounds like a fun challenge :)
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault306,839
    Posted on 29 June 15 at 09:56
    I'd like to take part in starting all my games but I probably won't because I hate the name. I'm not a fan of how ridiculous it sounds.
  • Posted on 29 June 15 at 17:05
    iWantEllenPage said:I'd like to take part in starting all my games but I probably won't because I hate the name. I'm not a fan of how ridiculous it sounds.Any ideas for an alternative name, if a name change is a possibility?
  • Posted on 29 June 15 at 17:40
    Munch Dive? Munch Binge? Munch-a-thon? Definitely thinking something Munch related laugh
  • Posted on 29 June 15 at 18:55
    I think I see a theme there but I can't put my finger on it laugh

Munch Playstation Plunge perhaps? wink
  • Posted on 29 June 15 at 20:17
    Could someone enlighten me as to what a "Bean Drive" is? I've heard of it before on the site but it's never been explained. Also, I've only used TT so that's my reason for not knowing a thing! smile
    “Dreams are important... never underestimate them.” -Fifth Doctor
  • Posted on 29 June 15 at 20:23
    redknightalex said:Could someone enlighten me as to what a "Bean Drive" is? I've heard of it before on the site but it's never been explained. Also, I've only used TT so that's my reason for not knowing a thing! smileIt is an event where you grab all the games you are yet to start and pop at least 1 achievement/ trophy in them. You then spend the next year trying to get your comp % back up to what it was at the beginning. It is called a Bean dive because the guy who started it is called Beanpotter and he dived into all his games.
  • Posted on 29 June 15 at 23:38, Edited on 29 June 15 at 23:39 by EnjoyableCoffee
    munchmagic1986 said:Munch Dive? Munch Binge? Munch-a-thon? Definitely thinking something Munch related laughThat just sounds dirty shock
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault306,839
    Posted on 30 June 15 at 04:59
    Why can't it be called something like, "The World Cup"? I mean, people from all over the world will be attempting to win many "cups'! I know it's not a very creative name, but I am not a creative person.
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,192
    Posted on 30 June 15 at 05:29
    I'm voting for the Munch Crunch.
  • Posted on 30 June 15 at 11:32
    Playstation plunge sounds good to me. Or you could just call it a bean dive like on TA.

Please don't name it after yourself munch, it's not even your idea.
  • Posted on 30 June 15 at 13:22
    Since TA recently got an update (TrueAchievements) which allows you to add games you haven't started to your collection, and I hope the feature will come to TT sooner or later, is there any point to this anymore? This whole thing exists because the only way to add games to your collection in the past was to pop an achievement, but that is no longer the case- and while adding to your collection doesn't change your completion percentage, the feature is still in development and an adaptation to show percentages with/without all games included would make these old fashioned 'dives' redundant.

That being said, I want to support this thread, in new form or old the idea is still an alternative motivation achievement hunting which is a good thing.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,010
    Posted on 30 June 15 at 15:14
    Given the fact you can hide games on your tag at will kinda defeats the purpose of that contest on TT. I would foresee waaay too many cheaters abusing that feature.
    The King of Hyrule
  • Posted on 30 June 15 at 15:27
    Linkx41 said:Given the fact you can hide games on your tag at will kinda defeats the purpose of that contest on TT. I would foresee waaay too many cheaters abusing that feature.Not necessarily, once you finish the dive your whole list could be recorded or 'set' so that the recovery is relative.
    =Semper Fi=
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads