Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed!

• MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,153
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 15:21, Edited on 16 June 15 at 15:22 by MonkeyBrad91
    Woo , what amazing news to wake up to!! I've always wanted to play this, but refused to deal with past x3 gen graphics. I'll finally get my chance, and it looks GORGEOUS.
  • PixieHimePixieHime633,698
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 15:58
    Wow, so exciting! My heart wishes for a VIII remake, but this will do laugh
  • strifekunstrifekun240,855
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 22:34
    I'm going to be the 'downer' here. But I feel like they've milked this game waaaaay too much. Why not 8 or 9? Both are just as good and deserve more acknowledgement but are never going to get it at this rate. No one has forgotten about 7.

I guess this was just inevitable at this rate. I didn't even think 7 was all that great. /cue all the angry fans
  • Posted on 17 June 15 at 01:29
    Making arrangements to getting ps4 just to only play this, hopefully I still got time as it will not come out for the next several years.
  • Posted on 17 June 15 at 08:27
    Noticed you guys still haven't done a story on Nier 2 being announced especially considering it's a PS4 exclusive and despite covering pretty much everything else. Why the silence?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 June 15 at 08:45, Edited on 17 June 15 at 08:45 by
    LunchCannon54 said:Noticed you guys still haven't done a story on Nier 2 being announced especially considering it's a PS4 exclusive and despite covering pretty much everything else. Why the silence?They did one about 12 hours ago.
    NieR Finally Gets A Sequel
  • xblOrderxblOrder666,550
    Posted on 17 June 15 at 09:24, Edited on 17 June 15 at 11:42 by xblOrder
    Never played this one too young, I got in with FF8 and even than sometime after its release for a good price drop but I'm excited for this. The best series are FF first followed (and not closely) by Deus Ex, third is up for debate
  • Posted on 17 June 15 at 11:25
    NickHawkeye said:Ojotango said:Oh good lord, yes. First RPG I ever played. Still have my old Playstation memory card save somewhere. Look forward to it!ditto, its the only PS1 game I still have. I don't even remember how many times I went though that one and trying to get everything.I was one of those sickos that went and boosted his character stats all up to 255 using items.
  • Posted on 17 June 15 at 11:30
    LunchCannon54 said:Noticed you guys still haven't done a story on Nier 2 being announced especially considering it's a PS4 exclusive and despite covering pretty much everything else. Why the silence?Ohhhh no reason =). It's just one of those things. You should see what our message boards look like on the back end. On the front, it looks like the joy of an ice cream truck in the form of words.

The back end looks more like a cartoon raging inferno where the only things we have to put out the flames are wet paper towels and stacks of chairs to hold the ceiling up. The NieR thing came relatively late in the day, and I know I was off to my day job by that point.
  • Posted on 17 June 15 at 11:51
    This is all kinds of awesome! No more squinting at my Vita trying to play the original and pretending that I don't care how much visuals have moved on. Best News - Now, How about FFXII?
  • Posted on 17 June 15 at 12:01
    Vinyl_Mat_Black said:This is all kinds of awesome! No more squinting at my Vita trying to play the original and pretending that I don't care how much visuals have moved on. Best News - Now, How about FFXII?Ooof - tough sell on Final Fantasy XII. I think that the visuals on that could benefit a great deal. You could tell that their visual wishes far exceeded what they were capable of doing, but the game wasn't overly popular or well received as I remember. Relative to other FF games, it has sort of a cult following though.

Personally, I would have to say IV or VI first, then maybe XII or VIII.
  • Ark51Ark51134,674
    Posted on 17 June 15 at 21:27
    I could make a hundred comments about this, but I'll stick with "I can't believe it." Of all Square Enix titles, Final Fantasy VII had more spin-offs, sequels, prequels, and non-video game media releases than most, if not all, of their titles combined. For being such a silly and flawed yet strangely pinnacle release, part of me is as equally not surprised as I am satisfied that the gaming community can finally shut up about it. The original had a stack of inexcusable issues, and there are plenty of other titles I dream would've gotten the attention instead. I only hope that it won't disappoint by not being different enough from the original to want to play it (graphics not included).
    "Move on; Time never waited on its occupants. Live on; By any means and every technology."
  • xblOrderxblOrder666,550
    Posted on 18 June 15 at 05:54
    ExtremePhobia said:NickHawkeye said:Ojotango said:Oh good lord, yes. First RPG I ever played. Still have my old Playstation memory card save somewhere. Look forward to it!ditto, its the only PS1 game I still have. I don't even remember how many times I went though that one and trying to get everything.I was one of those sickos that went and boosted his character stats all up to 255 using items.I did that with FF8 lol, and from memory you could still be a level 8 or 9 as well
  • TTDog666TTDog666217,271
    Posted on 18 June 15 at 12:34
    ScutumMagister said:I wonder which it'll also be going to, PC or Xbox One since they said "coming first to PS4".Had it only been coming to PS4 console wise they'd have made much more of a fuss about it being exclusive... just the same as No Man's Sky is only "making its console debut on PS4"
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads