Game Discussion: Trine 2: Complete Story (EU)

Backtracking on an easier difficulty?

• Harris59Harris591,196,223
    Posted on 01 April 15 at 01:39
    I asked this on a more populated forum and the thread got viewed like 5 times in the 3-4 days it's been up so I thought I'd try my luck here.

I've been playing through the game on and off for a week or so on the Hard/Hardcore setting and I've beaten the final level, however the bonus level is needed for completion and I didn't collect the map pieces to unlock it. If I go back and collect them to unlock the bonus level do I have to remain on Hard/Hardcore setting for it to count? Or can I quickly get those collectibles on Easy for example, unlock the bonus level and then just play that bonus level on Hard/Hardcore?
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 April 15 at 10:37
    So the hardcore trophy doesn't unlock after the normal ending? Good to know...

I played on normal so I wouldn't know the answer but I would guess that you have to keep playing. Or does the game calculate somewhere for each level if you've played it on hardcore? It's been a while since I played the game...
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Harris59Harris591,196,223
    Posted on 02 April 15 at 13:21
    I just done it, it turns out that backtracking is fine on an easier difficulty, the last level needed map pieces scattered trough the last few levels, replaying these on easy to get those collectibles doesn't lock me out as it tracks completion on Hard/Hardcore chapter by chapter.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads