Site Wishlist Forum

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Select multiple "Played On" platforms

AuthorMessage
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 26 March 15 at 02:02
Currently, you can only select one platform from the drop-down below a game image, to select which platform you played on. This changes what games show in which platform filters on the My Games page. However, we can't pick more than one platform per game. I play Borderlands 2 on PS3 and Vita for example, and would like to select both.
munchmagic1986
Posted on 26 March 15 at 02:09
YES! This would be a great thing, I play quite a few games on both PS4 and Vita. +1
Fiona_Respha
Fiona_Respha
Posted on 26 March 15 at 05:40
But they shouldn't count as 2 completions, especially for the leaderboard purpose. How does this idea cope with that?
http://www.trueachievements.com/Al+Soure.htm
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 26 March 15 at 13:28, Edited on 26 March 15 at 14:23 by alklein92201
It shouldn't be too difficult, we give the games multiple platforms already anyways. If you play a game on Vita and PS4, no it wouldn't count as two completions (unless each version had its own list of course), but it should count as a completion on both Vita and PS4 lists if you played on both.

I didn't think I had many, but now that the Vita trophy app shows what platforms a list applies to, I'm seeing I actually have quite a few.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 22 July 15 at 20:07
Was about to start a new thread before seeing I already did a while back. I looked at my Platform Summary and noticed my numbers were really off because of this. It says I played 2 PS4 games, I have at least 15-20, but they defaulted to Vita I guess. The thing is, I play them on both PS4 and Vita, so if I switch them to PS4, then the Vita will be off.
Prem-aka-Prince
Posted on 11 August 15 at 12:58, Edited on 11 August 15 at 12:59 by Prem-aka-Prince
This is true, and I would have liked it for MyGameCollection (especially since unplayed games still have the potential to be played on any platform, so it would help to have full information when looking for a new game on a specific platform which is not the default) ...but at the same time, it doesn't affect anything other than a meaningless number on a list.

I think you are meant to just pick which platform most represented the experience for you. I have dozens of PS4 and PSV games cross buy which I have already played on PS3, but realistically I only have a few PS4 games, so why inflate those numbers when I know myself that it is not representative?

Even if you platform hop with cross-play is is just an auxiliary feature, and more often than not the Vita is just being used as a portable solution. If you are playing on Vita by preference then why would you switch to PS4 at all?
=Semper Fi=
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 02 January 17 at 13:51
This is still heavily needed. The longer it takes to get added the worse it gets to fix when (hopefully not if) it finally gets added.
BakanoKaze
BakanoKaze
Posted on 17 February 17 at 15:59
I really think this should be added in some form. Even if it's "own" platform: "Cross Save PS4/PSV" or "Cross Save PS3/PSV" etc.

Also, I think this should be added to TSA and TA with their respective platforms.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.