TrueTrophies Polls

Forum for our TrueTrophies Polls

What difficulty do you play on?

• Posted on 22 March 15 at 18:10
    Harris59 said:strifekun said:especially if they make you play them for the trophies. I absolutely hate that, those modes should be optional.Not to be a d*** but trophies are optional too so... Yeah. Personally I think achievements should be hard, they are supposed to be optional challenges and 100% is supposed to suggest mastery of the game.Yeah, I like to play on Hard anyways, but I also like when I'm rewarded with a trophy for it, even though I'm not much of a trophy hunter.

I wish more trophies would reward you for hard/unique stuff you do in games, rather than complete chapter X.
    Gaelic Flame - Hybrid created from Rathalos and Kushala Daora materials. Its cut is a death sentence
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 March 15 at 18:22
    Gaelic-_-Flame said:Harris59 said:strifekun said:especially if they make you play them for the trophies. I absolutely hate that, those modes should be optional.Not to be a d*** but trophies are optional too so... Yeah. Personally I think achievements should be hard, they are supposed to be optional challenges and 100% is supposed to suggest mastery of the game.Yeah, I like to play on Hard anyways, but I also like when I'm rewarded with a trophy for it, even though I'm not much of a trophy hunter.

I wish more trophies would reward you for hard/unique stuff you do in games, rather than complete chapter X.
    I'd say trophies should make you play the game to the fullest, experience everything it has to offer. That includes a trophy for playing on hard even though four out of five times I won't play on hard myself.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 22 March 15 at 21:35
    Medium/Normal are my go to difficulties for games that don't have achievements/trophies tied to them.
  • Posted on 22 March 15 at 21:52
    I went with medium, although for me it entirely depends on whether or not there are any trophies/achievements related to difficulty. If there are then I'll usually try to play a game on the highest difficulty required to unlock them. If there aren't then I'll generally go with normal or medium difficulty.
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • DX_VDX_V192,348
    Posted on 22 March 15 at 23:31
    Normal difficulty. When I go up in difficulty it becomes more about min/maxing and timing than enjoying the game for what it is.
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,153
    Posted on 22 March 15 at 23:47
    I like the easy life. Wandering aimlessly through games, exploring, and killing everything in sight with no required thought for ammo, health or consequences. :D
  • Posted on 22 March 15 at 23:47
    munchmagic1986 said:The_Unbranched said:It definitely depends. Most games only have 3-4 difficulties and from game to game 'Very Hard' could be called 'Impossible' or any other cliche difficulty name. I think this is just far too vague of a poll question? I'll vote next time around.Yeah I spent a while thinking about that. I did put hardcore at first but in some games that just means very very hard and some it means when you die you die. Some also just have 2 - normal and hard. I was tempted to just put Doom difficulties - Hurt me plenty, I'm a wimp etc laugh I really should have put a 'Depends on the game' option though.I love the Doom difficulty titles for sure. laugh Classics.
  • xblOrderxblOrder666,550
    Posted on 23 March 15 at 02:16
    I went with invincible, but I prefer story and gameplay to difficulty and sometimes they clash. That said I started ME3 off on the hardest difficulty first go through on the 360, though I imported a save when I did it.
    [url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/xblOrder/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/xblOrder.png[/img] [/url]
  • Helmaroc_Helmaroc_171,441
    Posted on 23 March 15 at 04:30
    Medium. Not too hard, not too easy. Perfect game playing difficulty.
  • antmoney151antmoney151381,119
    Posted on 23 March 15 at 16:59
    I play normal unless there a trophies/achievements tied to harder ones like veteran in cods which i just play that difficulty first. Or like in Bayonetta or DmC, start normal and you have to work your way up to unlock the harder ones.
  • Posted on 23 March 15 at 18:52, Edited on 23 March 15 at 18:54 by PancakeSteak
    I went with impossible, though I don't always start out on the hardest difficulty. It really depends on the game and what I'm in the mood for, but I usually never play games on anything less than their "normal" difficulties because it ends up being too boring for my taste. I'm someone who loves a challenge and always ends up trying to finish a game on it's most difficult level.

I think a part of what I like about playing on the harder difficulties is that it channels that sort of retroey, nostalgic feeling. Back in the day, most games didn't have a save feature and it was do everything in one go or bust, so you had to take the time to really learn and master the game if you ever hoped to finish it. Nowadays most mistakes can be fixed by the simple reloading of a save file...which kind of takes the fun out of it. I love playing difficult games because they harken back to that old school style of play in that you are forced to learn from your mistakes and in turn, not only become more skilled at the game, but feel much more satisfied when you finally finish it. smile
    "Be firm, but gentle; determined, but kind."
  • Posted on 23 March 15 at 19:27
    I like to play on Hard first, particularly if there are trophies, because I like the challenge and the, perhaps fake, idea that it may make me a better game player if I do.

Frankly, I think trophies conditioned me to always try Hard first.
  • Posted on 23 March 15 at 20:14
    I choose normal, pretty much every game nothing is different between normal and hard besides me doing less damage and the enemies doing more.
  • Posted on 24 March 15 at 00:40
    I just wish there were options so people weren't excluded because like me, they don't like to rage from a game.
  • smokin_cheezsmokin_cheez173,046
    Posted on 25 March 15 at 19:27
    I like to enjoy the story with a bit of challenge that's why these types of games make me nervous to play :p
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins....
  • ItsKristaItsKrista534,377
    Posted on 27 March 15 at 09:27
    I would to play a game on normal or even easy sometimes but because of trophies I'm constantly playing games on the hardest setting
  • Posted on 27 March 15 at 12:09
    Can't really answer this as it completely depends on the game, the list of trophies, and a few other things. I never pick Easy though, that's for certain, I would either start on Normal, or any difficulty higher than that.

Also many games have options for changing difficulty any time in game, which I will often do to balance things out depending on how I am finding things.
  • mysticmoshmysticmosh1,069,749
    Posted on 27 March 15 at 17:43
    Normal or default setting to start, then if I really liked the game, I might go for a harder run, but only if it stays fun and doesn't turn into a shouty sweary fest!. It has to be fun no matter what the difficulty.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads