Playstation 4

Forum for Playstation 4 related things. No troubleshooting or specific game discussion threads here, though. There are forums for those.

What kind of PS4 headset do you own? Pros & cons of headset.

• Posted on 14 March 15 at 23:16, Edited on 14 March 15 at 23:20 by MitchCRafT_nM3
    Hello everypeoplebodies smile

I am wondering what kind of headset people are using for their PS4 as i am on the hunt for a new one.

I previously owned the Turtle Beach XP510 which was an amazing headset. It was actually a headset designed for XBOX consoles, the PC and mobile devices however you could download drivers to allow it to work on the PS4. It is pretty much the XP51 for the Playstation but green instead of blue but i wanted that headset that day and was too impatient to order a PX51 for delivery and the only headset in Aberdeen was the XBOX version so i bought it.

If you want more info on it here is a blog with information on the headset MitchCRafT_nM3's blog post - I can't hear you!!! What? Huh? You want info on PS4 headsets Mitch? Eh yeah please!

I am now looking for another headset as i don't have the XP510 anymore for reasons i wont bother going in to.

I would like a headset of the same quality or better so please post what kind of headset you own and what you like and dislike about it.

If anyone owns the latest Turtle Beach ELITE series headset i would be very much interested in hearing about that, is it as good as TB proclaim? Here is the ELITE in the link below.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps4-headsets/turtl...

but if you own something other than a TB headset i am open to listening about the other brands out there and whether they match or exceed the quality and functionality of the TB headsets.

Thanks. music, oh wait damn that smiley, i don't have a headset cry
    IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
  • Harris59Harris591,195,949
    Posted on 21 March 15 at 00:54, Edited on 21 March 15 at 00:57 by Harris59
    I rock a pair of AstroA40s, I've had them since around mid-2011? and they're going strong, they could probably do with a bit of a clean (they look a lot cleaner than most I've seen but I like the "brand-new" look)

I've never really gotten full use out of them (like I've played FPS games with full surround sound turned on for a bit) but most often I have the mix-amp set to prioritize voice-chat over game sound and sometimes I frankly just use it to voice-chat xD The mic is surprisingly good for something that's primary focus is the speakers rather than the mic, the speakers are pretty damn awesome quality to me.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • vegetollo7vegetollo7570,332
    Posted on 05 June 15 at 22:55
    I have the Gold wireless headset from Sony. It hasn't given me a reason to hate it yet.
  • AnubisAshAnubisAsh38,085
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 06:37
    vegetollo7 said:
    I have the Gold wireless headset from Sony. It hasn't given me a reason to hate it yet.
    Same here. The best thing about them is I can plug the USB dongle into my PS3 for multiplayer, and I can hook them up to my Vita using the 3.5mm plug cable included. rock
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91457,448
    Posted on 20 May 16 at 16:21
    I had a turtle beach PLa which was the cheapest line they did. Worked great on all consoles and pc for a year before it broke (through intensive use, as i work nights so always have to have them on to not piss housemates off). Now I went for the cheapest one on amazon, some chinese crap. laugh Does the job, if a bit heavy!
  • AnubisAshAnubisAsh38,085
    Posted on 18 July 17 at 03:53
    Update on the Gold headset: the cans are of excellent quality, but the build quality for the rest of the headset is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. The left hinge already snapped on me, the right hinge is about ready to go, and the blue plastic on the arch is cracking like nobody's business. I've had to use Gorilla Tape on it to keep it from falling even further apart.
  • Posted on 20 July 17 at 21:04
    I wonder if headset quality has improved much in the last few years? I have an XP500 which is a 2012 model designed for x360 with wireless chat via controller adapter and also compatible with PS3 via direct bluetooth for chat. In both cases the game audio was via optical to the TB box and then 802.11 wireless to the headset, offering Dolby 5.1 but no DTS. The best part was that it was eventually compatible with both next gen consoles as long as I bought the cheap talkback cable and kept my controller wired to the headset.

I don't think the bluetooth versions in any of the available consoles are fast enough to support high quality wireless, and I don't know whether the best audio these days uses Optical or HDMI or other, but if 2017 headsets half a decade later aren't some kind of universally compatible all in one with less cables then I'm calling BS. I hope they at least have both DTS and Dolby 5+ by now
    I'm sure I had a signature before...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 January 18 at 05:40
    The cheap stock one lol
  • waterfields1waterfields1327,878
    Posted on 24 May 18 at 10:54
    Stealth 500p Turtle Beach - very affordable had it for 3/4 years now - not a single complaint to be made. Like above I'm keen to hear if headsets have much improved over the last 4 years - might be time for an upgrade - although I don't think I need to.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads