Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Rock Band 4 Announced for PS4

• NekoRaveNekoRave3,589,889
    Posted on 05 March 15 at 23:16
    $300
    ~<3~NekoRave~<3~
  • Posted on 05 March 15 at 23:17
    Would be nice if I could transfer my 360 content over to my PS4. Not really interested in getting the X1 for one game!
    Ha Ha, charade you are
  • Posted on 05 March 15 at 23:32
    What? The ProGuitar and Keyboard won't be supported at all? Yeah... I have some choice words to say about that.
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,010
    Posted on 06 March 15 at 06:19
    I'm still burned out by music games atm.
    The King of Hyrule
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 March 15 at 08:22
    So how does this game differ from Guitar Hero exactly?

I only played Guitar Hero before, I quite enjoyed that. If this game is good then I'll get it eventually.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 06 March 15 at 13:24
    BillyHorrible said:So how does this game differ from Guitar Hero exactly?

I only played Guitar Hero before, I quite enjoyed that. If this game is good then I'll get it eventually.
    It came out after gh3 as a band game since ghost didn't support band play yet. So its based of the games of that and gh continued as its own franchise and supported band play later on. Its pretty much which would you rather spend money on but the are both fantastic games and have different setlists to play on each.

im down for getting this
  • Posted on 06 March 15 at 17:13
    No Pro Guitar or Keys?

Not that I was great at Pro Keys or even had the Pro Guitar but this is very disappointing news. They state that they don't have the manpower to make Pro Keys charts anymore but there are more than a few people in the community who would love to work on Pro Keys charts for Harmonix at any cost but Harmonix don't seem to want to let them. I know it's a bit more complicated than that but if there is an entire community willing to help you with it and pretty much your only excuse behind it is laziness or lack of willingness to devote time or resources to it then it's not a good look.

Still, I'll probably pick this up but I'll have to grab an Xbone for it probably as the 360 is where I have Rock Band 3 and all of the DLC. It's nice to see there's a new game coming out though and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the setlist.
  • simmiassimmias1,128,476
    Posted on 07 March 15 at 03:26
    I want to be excited about this, but the fact that the good guitars were always on the 360 might make me hesitate. Maybe Mad Catz or someone will come out with an Xplorer-esque PS4 controller.

These guys were also awful about supporting the PS3 version of their games, at least the early ones.
  • Posted on 07 March 15 at 18:13
    BillyHorrible said:So how does this game differ from Guitar Hero exactly?

The company that makes Rock Band (Harmonix) invented Guitar Hero, sold the rights to activision(before GH3 when Neversoft took over) then moved on to make Rock Band. The games are same concept though Rock Band was first to have a full band vs just guitar. Guitar Hero moved to that concept as well come World Tour, but I always found Rock Band just did everything a little better and had a bigger catalog.

Harmonix was always more focused on the love of music, vs Activision who focuses on the love of money. I liked guitar hero a lot too, but the slightly different motivation shows through imo.
  • Posted on 07 March 15 at 18:47
    LunchCannon54 said:No Pro Guitar or Keys?

Not that I was great at Pro Keys or even had the Pro Guitar but this is very disappointing news. They state that they don't have the manpower to make Pro Keys charts anymore but there are more than a few people in the community who would love to work on Pro Keys charts for Harmonix at any cost but Harmonix don't seem to want to let them. I know it's a bit more complicated than that but if there is an entire community willing to help you with it and pretty much your only excuse behind it is laziness or lack of willingness to devote time or resources to it then it's not a good look.

Still, I'll probably pick this up but I'll have to grab an Xbone for it probably as the 360 is where I have Rock Band 3 and all of the DLC. It's nice to see there's a new game coming out though and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the setlist.
    I like pro keys and I have a pro guitar, but I am ok with it. There is always more to the picture than what we see, and I don't think laziness has anything to do with it.

They have sufficient data to know whether it is worth including or not, and it very likely comes down to an equation. It doesn't matter if the community is willing to chart keys or not because it is probably more related to licensing cost than hiring someone to chart keys. On top of licensing, that would mean they would have to develop/release a new keytar, and the last one didn't sell very well. Don't forget that there is nothing set at this point regarding old instruments, and even if that comes to be, it is a small subset of a small subset that even got the old keytars.

All this applies to the pro guitar too, it didn't sell particularly well either, and add into it that they really got one upped by Rocksmith, so they would have to really do a ton of stuff to make it worthwhile there, and not just charting.
  • Posted on 07 March 15 at 19:38
    I really hope you can play using the controller. I live in a student room, I genuinely have just about enough room for my bed, never mind a big plastic guitar and drum set. Guitar Hero 3 got it perfect.
  • Posted on 07 March 15 at 20:39
    If the trophies werent so intricate and difficult Id play more RB/GH games.
  • Posted on 08 March 15 at 11:48
    Chakaal-Starr said:LunchCannon54 said:No Pro Guitar or Keys?

I like pro keys and I have a pro guitar, but I am ok with it. There is always more to the picture than what we see, and I don't think laziness has anything to do with it.

They have sufficient data to know whether it is worth including or not, and it very likely comes down to an equation. It doesn't matter if the community is willing to chart keys or not because it is probably more related to licensing cost than hiring someone to chart keys. On top of licensing, that would mean they would have to develop/release a new keytar, and the last one didn't sell very well. Don't forget that there is nothing set at this point regarding old instruments, and even if that comes to be, it is a small subset of a small subset that even got the old keytars.

All this applies to the pro guitar too, it didn't sell particularly well either, and add into it that they really got one upped by Rocksmith, so they would have to really do a ton of stuff to make it worthwhile there, and not just charting.
    Fair enough, I'm just disappointed as I loved playing the Keys charts on guitar and while it wasn't huge, there was a community that played it and it added a whole other dimension to the game. I think why it didn't sell well was because the Pro instruments were so damn expensive (I think the keyboard I got was like $130. Seeing it a few months later on PS3 for like $10 at the same store really pissed me off) and they didn't produce many of them at all, not to mention Mad Catz; the only site where the Pro Guitars were reasonably priced didn't allow shipping to other countries beyond America, so I think the damage was self inflicted, not to mention how interest in the genre as a whole at the time was pretty much dead as a result of the Guitar Hero fiasco the previous year.

They are confirmed to be producing new instruments for it though so that's nice. I Just hope they're not as bad as the old Rock Band guitar controllers; I couldn't stand the strum bar on those. I always like the Guitar Hero guitars more because of the better feedback you get on them and I wonder if the backwards compatibility thing they're doing will apply to those guitars as well. Sorry for sounding a bit bitter about the whole thing I'm just disappointed is all. I wonder if they'll keep the normal Keys charts on the DLC songs and RB3 songs that have them....
  • Sqwark49Sqwark49111,479
    Posted on 09 March 15 at 04:32
    Glad it still supports Pro drums, at least. Now I need to figure out where I can stash 2 sets of plastic instruments since all of my "legacy" ones are for the 360.
  • simmiassimmias1,128,476
    Posted on 10 March 15 at 00:35
    Chakaal-Starr said:All this applies to the pro guitar too, it didn't sell particularly well either, and add into it that they really got one upped by Rocksmith, so they would have to really do a ton of stuff to make it worthwhile there, and not just charting.Yeah, the difference between how RB3 implemented pro guitar vs. how Rocksmith did were night and day. RB3 made you buy a horrible $250 guitar and placed sensors under the frets so you had to use the exact fingering in the chart. Rocksmith let you play on virtually any guitar and gave you credit for an E if you played an E. It's no surprise why pro guitar didn't take off in Rock Band - it wasn't fun for people who can play guitar, it wasn't a good way to learn guitar for a newbie, and the crappy Squier was really low grade.
  • Posted on 19 March 15 at 03:48
    simmias said:Chakaal-Starr said:All this applies to the pro guitar too, it didn't sell particularly well either, and add into it that they really got one upped by Rocksmith, so they would have to really do a ton of stuff to make it worthwhile there, and not just charting.Yeah, the difference between how RB3 implemented pro guitar vs. how Rocksmith did were night and day. RB3 made you buy a horrible $250 guitar and placed sensors under the frets so you had to use the exact fingering in the chart. Rocksmith let you play on virtually any guitar and gave you credit for an E if you played an E. It's no surprise why pro guitar didn't take off in Rock Band - it wasn't fun for people who can play guitar, it wasn't a good way to learn guitar for a newbie, and the crappy Squier was really low grade.It sure beat powergig though
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads