Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PS Plus is getting two more inferior PSP games for August 2023

• ColdDogColdDog260,528
  • BattleheadBattlehead277,957
    Posted on 10 August 23 at 17:37
    I love coming to this site about PS news for it always to be slander against PS...wild
  • MedicusPiperMedicusPiper152,028
    Posted on 10 August 23 at 19:48
    I agree there's been some odd choices, but I own MediEvil Resurrection, so the chance to get trophies for it is better than playing it on PSP!

Happy about Pursuit Force sequel as well.
  • Posted on 10 August 23 at 20:43
    They really need to up their game if they ever hope to compete with the value delivered by gamepass. roll
  • Posted on 11 August 23 at 03:57
    Anything to avoid re-releasing Medievil 2 which is still stuck on PS1 discs., although given the trend of these this gives me at least some hope of a port within the year.
  • Posted on 11 August 23 at 17:07
    I would say there is at least merit in having the PSP version alongside the PS2 version in the service for Battlefront 2 just because the psp version has some exclusive content. I would like to see The Force Unleashed's psp port come to the service too, because I think it was the best one content wise though I do love the set pieces of the HD version
  • hellbender42hellbender42307,551
    Posted on 12 August 23 at 03:37
    I hope these games actually download when I buy them on PS3 and don't glitch. Most of the games I've bought on PS3 work for PS4/PS5, but Twisted Metal didn't, and I had to ask for a refund on that. Hyped to play MediEvil: Resurrection!
    Posted on 12 August 23 at 03:39
    We're so close to getting the PSP Ratchet & Clank games, just need to wait a little longer.
  • RichnjRichnj244,241
    Posted on 12 August 23 at 14:19
    I would gladly have multiple versions of each game if it meant more trophy stacks.

hellbender42 said:
    I hope these games actually download when I buy them on PS3 and don't glitch. Most of the games I've bought on PS3 work for PS4/PS5, but Twisted Metal didn't, and I had to ask for a refund on that. Hyped to play MediEvil: Resurrection!
    Twisted Metal worked for me. Don't forget to go in to the store to redeem them for them to show up on your downloads. I nearly made that mistake after buying the entire Syphon Filter collection, and nearly gave myself a heart attack
    Posted on 12 August 23 at 17:10
    Richnj said:
    I would gladly have multiple versions of each game if it meant more trophy stacks.

hellbender42 said:
    Twisted Metal worked for me. Don't forget to go in to the store to redeem them for them to show up on your downloads. I nearly made that mistake after buying the entire Syphon Filter collection, and nearly gave myself a heart attack
    It worked for some people, but others it didn't. Twisted Metal II and one PSP game I can't remember the name also had this issue. All I know Twisted Metal didn't work, and this is my first time having an issue to this level. The last game from June, Killzone: Liberation didn't have any issues. The last time I had an issue at all was with Syphon Filter 3 (which downloaded on PS3, but couldn't be claimed on PS4/PS5 for a day or two). I don't know if the issue was fixed yet or not, I couldn't risk waiting any longer before my refund period expired. Debating on whether to buy it again on PS3 store or buy it on PS4/PS5 store and then buy it on PS3.

When I bought Twisted Metal on the PS3, it crashed the storefront immediately, and while a purchase receipt was sent, it wasn't in downloads or its store page acted like I didn't buy it (on PSVita it did give me an option to download but wouldn't download). On PS4/PS5, attempting to buy it on PS4/PS5 resulted in an error.
  • Posted on 14 August 23 at 07:51, Edited on 14 August 23 at 08:08 by Prototype1690
    The MediEvil PS4 Remake from 2019 is quite different to the 1998 classic as well as the 2005 PSP Remake with lots of changes to its story, characters, atmosphere, gameplay and soundtrack. Simply calling the PSP Remake an inferior version or product is downright wrong because it’s a different game and experience, missing right analog stick or not. Resurrection even has as an almost identical Metacritic score compared to the 2019 Remake (66/100 to 67/100) which demonstrates that even the newest version of this classic wasn’t without its flaws. In fact compared to other Remasters of the time like Crash and Spyro it was definitely one of the worst until we got the awful remakes of XIII and the GTA trilogy.

Also the PS2 version of Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow was reviewed not as favorably as its original PSP counterpart. Sony seems to focus solely on PS1 and PSP classics at the moment, while they focused on PS2 classics with trophy support between 2015-2017 or so.

Though I agree with one previous comment from above that it’s a shame that MediEvil 2 is still stuck on disc on the PS1. Games that are or were already on digital PS storefronts seem to get preferred for the time being. We’ll just have to wait and see.

I’m very much looking forward to Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice. Had a blast with the original PSP game back in the day as well as the rerelease on PS4/PS5. It’s still a difficult game imo but totally worth it if you like high speed Hollywood blockbuster chase sequences.

Can’t say much about Ape Escape though cause that series doesn’t interest me.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads