Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PS VR2 upgrades for The Walking Dead will cost PS Plus owners

  • Posted on 09 March 23 at 13:16, Edited on 09 March 23 at 13:31 by superniceguy_2
    I am not fussed, I am not getting a PSVR2 for many reasons including this sort of thing.

    I can not even buy the Tourist edition due to the “free” PS+ version

    I will only be able to buy when my PS+ sub expires, which is stupid not letting us buy now.
    Yay! Double Platinum in Babylons Fall on PS4 and PS5 now achieved in less than a month.
  • Posted on 09 March 23 at 13:31
    Am I the only one who won’t even add a PS Plus game to my library if I know I won’t play it?? laugh I like my library as a way of knowing what have to play next, and I despise having anything extra there that I know I won’t get to lol
  • Posted on 09 March 23 at 13:40, Edited on 09 March 23 at 13:51 by superniceguy_2
    JoeKnowsWorst said:
    Am I the only one who won’t even add a PS Plus game to my library if I know I won’t play it?? laugh I like my library as a way of knowing what have to play next, and I despise having anything extra there that I know I won’t get to lol
    I always do, in case I do end up playing it later. On Xbox there is not the problem of not being able to buy the game. You have the option to install with Gold or buy to own. Also you can hide the games if you do not want then unhide to see them again should you want to play them. Also on PS you can create folders and put in the games you want to play and PS+ games you do not want to play (yet) can be put in another folder.

    Mind you I did not claim Xcom 2 as I knew I wanted it and all its DLC and it was cheaper to buy the biggest bundle and get everything than get base games from PS+ and then buy DLC separately.

    Plus I did not claim Little Nightmare until I saw the cost of the bundle, which was cheaper than the DLC, so bought the bundle cheaper and now own and can play it whenever even if cancel PS+
    Yay! Double Platinum in Babylons Fall on PS4 and PS5 now achieved in less than a month.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,321
    Posted on 09 March 23 at 14:19
    I don't know why people assume that they'll get a free upgrade based on a copy given as part of the plus service.
    They're entitled to charge even if you bought the original. This is the problem now-a-days, people just expect things to be handed to them.

    There, that's my "Old man yells at cloud" moment for today.
    "Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance" - Sun Tzu. Yes, I'm back reading the classical stuff.
  • Posted on 09 March 23 at 14:36
    SolaceCreed said:
    I don't know why people assume that they'll get a free upgrade based on a copy given as part of the plus service.
    They're entitled to charge even if you bought the original. This is the problem now-a-days, people just expect things to be handed to them.

    There, that's my "Old man yells at cloud" moment for today.
    Yeah, I agree, people are so entitled sometimes!
  • Posted on 09 March 23 at 14:38
    superniceguy_2 said:
    JoeKnowsWorst said:
    Am I the only one who won’t even add a PS Plus game to my library if I know I won’t play it?? laugh I like my library as a way of knowing what have to play next, and I despise having anything extra there that I know I won’t get to lol
    I always do, in case I do end up playing it later. On Xbox there is not the problem of not being able to buy the game. You have the option to install with Gold or buy to own. Also you can hide the games if you do not want then unhide to see them again should you want to play them. Also on PS you can create folders and put in the games you want to play and PS+ games you do not want to play (yet) can be put in another folder.

    Mind you I did not claim Xcom 2 as I knew I wanted it and all its DLC and it was cheaper to buy the biggest bundle and get everything than get base games from PS+ and then buy DLC separately.

    Plus I did not claim Little Nightmare until I saw the cost of the bundle, which was cheaper than the DLC, so bought the bundle cheaper and now own and can play it whenever even if cancel PS+
    yeah, that’s true but I am only referring to claiming something I know for sure I will never play… At that point it’s not worth it for me. Hiding things in my library is something I’ve done a lot, that’s why I don’t want to clog up my library any further… but yeah it’s great that you can hide stuff, especially when you have things like old outdated demos and betas!
  • Posted on 09 March 23 at 14:41
    superniceguy_2 said:
    I am not fussed, I am not getting a PSVR2 for many reasons including this sort of thing.

    I can not even buy the Tourist edition due to the “free” PS+ version

    I will only be able to buy when my PS+ sub expires, which is stupid not letting us buy now.
    I dealt with that same nuisance recently, I wanted to buy Miles Morales when it went on sale a few weeks back, but then I decided to try out PS Plus Extra, which it’s part of, but then I didn’t have that option to purchase it anymore, it was actually really annoying, because I decided to mostly stick with the base Essential tier so ended up missing out on that sale price.. If a game is only $20 I’d rather own it then have to keep the higher tier subscription up forever lol
  • Posted on 09 March 23 at 14:56
    JoeKnowsWorst said:
    Am I the only one who won’t even add a PS Plus game to my library if I know I won’t play it?? laugh I like my library as a way of knowing what have to play next, and I despise having anything extra there that I know I won’t get to lol
    I just can't pass up a freebie xD even if I know deep down I won't ever play it hahaha
  • Posted on 09 March 23 at 18:23
    yeah I mean don’t get me wrong, I still claim a lot of them, but to me something like a sports game or a Souls game I can guarantee I will never touch lol.. if there’s even a slight chance I claim it because then I can always hide it from my purchase library if I want to!
  • Posted on 09 March 23 at 21:55
    superniceguy_2 said:
    I am not fussed, I am not getting a PSVR2 for many reasons including this sort of thing.

    I can not even buy the Tourist edition due to the “free” PS+ version

    I will only be able to buy when my PS+ sub expires, which is stupid not letting us buy now.
    You should be able to buy a Tourist Edition upgrade if you have the PS+ version. The upgrade was also on sale in the US for 3 dollars but I think that deal expired last night.
  • Posted on 10 March 23 at 08:21, Edited on 10 March 23 at 08:21 by Prometheous101
    Terminator_T2 said:
    superniceguy_2 said:
    I am not fussed, I am not getting a PSVR2 for many reasons including this sort of thing.

    I can not even buy the Tourist edition due to the “free” PS+ version

    I will only be able to buy when my PS+ sub expires, which is stupid not letting us buy now.
    You should be able to buy a Tourist Edition upgrade if you have the PS+ version. The upgrade was also on sale in the US for 3 dollars but I think that deal expired last night.
    I randomly decided to buy the Tourist upgrade last year even tho I claimed S&S when it was free .
    Really glad that I did that now. :)
    The number today is 7,756
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,321
    Posted on 10 March 23 at 08:52
    Prometheous101 said:
    Terminator_T2 said:
    superniceguy_2 said:
    I am not fussed, I am not getting a PSVR2 for many reasons including this sort of thing.

    I can not even buy the Tourist edition due to the “free” PS+ version

    I will only be able to buy when my PS+ sub expires, which is stupid not letting us buy now.
    You should be able to buy a Tourist Edition upgrade if you have the PS+ version. The upgrade was also on sale in the US for 3 dollars but I think that deal expired last night.
    I randomly decided to buy the Tourist upgrade last year even tho I claimed S&S when it was free .
    Really glad that I did that now. :)
    I mean the PS4 upgrade is £8. And out of that you get the PS5 version.
    "Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance" - Sun Tzu. Yes, I'm back reading the classical stuff.
  • Posted on 10 March 23 at 13:23
    Terminator_T2 said:
    superniceguy_2 said:
    I am not fussed, I am not getting a PSVR2 for many reasons including this sort of thing.

    I can not even buy the Tourist edition due to the “free” PS+ version

    I will only be able to buy when my PS+ sub expires, which is stupid not letting us buy now.
    You should be able to buy a Tourist Edition upgrade if you have the PS+ version. The upgrade was also on sale in the US for 3 dollars but I think that deal expired last night.
    That’s the only reason you’re not getting this $549 accessory? lol I mean I haven’t heard of this happening with any other game, so hopefully it’s not a frequent issue!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads