Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Resident Evil 4 wants to be The Last of Us and it’s getting creepy

• ColdDogColdDog258,129
  • RichnjRichnj225,114
    Posted on 03 March 23 at 15:00
    I hadn't seen half of this stuff, but I had raised concern when the first gameplay was shown where Leon crouches.

Stealth wasn't (really) a gameplay mechanic in RE4, and it's a big change to make. Where Dead Space refined the RE4 concepts, The Evil Within modernised the formula, with stealth and crafting. And when RE4 remake, showed that gameplay, I was worried about the game being far more generic because it was totally modernised.

The Last of Us is, again, a modern take on the third person survival horror genre, so it's no wonder they share so much, but seeing you compare RE4 remake to it just makes me more concerned than anything.

With so many modern survival horror TPS games out right now, wouldn't RE4 remake do better looking at what RE4 did, and trying to refine that, instead of trying to just bring in more modern mechanics?
  • ColdDogColdDog258,129
    Posted on 03 March 23 at 19:13
    Richnj said:
    With so many modern survival horror TPS games out right now, wouldn't RE4 remake do better looking at what RE4 did, and trying to refine that, instead of trying to just bring in more modern mechanics?
    I’m glad this article manifest this concern in you because yes I completely agree 👀

*cough* I mean, who knows!?!
    TT News: https://www.truetrophies.com/author/Lee+Brady // @leepaulbrady // @vectormenpod
  • WackFiendWackFiend185,373
    Posted on 03 March 23 at 19:14
    Are you fucking kidding me? The similarities you draw are circumstantial at best and provably wrong at worst.

The knives as a reactionary defense item, with limited uses, can be traced back to 2002’s Resident Evil remake for GameCube.

Leon's health is represented in a little radial graphic at the bottom right of the screen. You've got your ammo right in the middle.
    You mean similar to how it looked in the 2005 original?

did you know that instead of QTEs, the game would be using button-mashing prompts during grapples and combat, much like The Last of Us?
    Again, exactly as it was in the original.

None of this article was intended to be read as mean-spirited nitpicking, by the way
    No, it was obviously meant to appease the SEO gods.
  • Posted on 03 March 23 at 20:13
    what an awful article
  • PLATINBLAZEPLATINBLAZE364,820
    Posted on 03 March 23 at 23:46
    Get out of here please. You cannot compare those two games. A day and night difference. laugh

I would never compare those two games in any way.
    "A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
  • ShinigamiVLShinigamiVL110,069
    Posted on 04 March 23 at 04:51
    Strange piece of satire here...
  • HarleyCosmoHarleyCosmo123,195
    Posted on 04 March 23 at 11:35
    Is it possible to block specific article authors?

I get the site wants engagement and clicks but Lee, your articles don't do it for me.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,161
    Posted on 04 March 23 at 12:54
    HarleyCosmo said:

I get the site wants engagement and clicks but Lee, your articles don't do it for me.
    Don't read them then, it's as easy as that rather than having a blocking feature.
    "Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance" - Sun Tzu. Yes, I'm back reading the classical stuff.
  • aarnettbraunaarnettbraun531,521
    Posted on 04 March 23 at 14:49
    WackFiend said:
    Are you fucking kidding me? The similarities you draw are circumstantial at best and provably wrong at worst.

The knives as a reactionary defense item, with limited uses, can be traced back to 2002’s Resident Evil remake for GameCube.

Leon's health is represented in a little radial graphic at the bottom right of the screen. You've got your ammo right in the middle.
    You mean similar to how it looked in the 2005 original?

did you know that instead of QTEs, the game would be using button-mashing prompts during grapples and combat, much like The Last of Us?
    Again, exactly as it was in the original.

None of this article was intended to be read as mean-spirited nitpicking, by the way
    No, it was obviously meant to appease the SEO gods.
    +1

HarleyCosmo said:

+1
  • ColdDogColdDog258,129
    Posted on 04 March 23 at 14:57
    😂I’m a little surprised and a bit confused about the visceral rejection of this one — I guess the whole insinuation that RE4 is “copying” TLOU is riling people up, might have leaned too hard in on the joke part 😂

To be clear, this was not an article driven by SEO — not exactly a lot of people eager to read about RE4 and TLOU at the same time out there 😂 I wrote it because I wanted to, not much more to it than that.

Either way, thanks for reading, folks :) apologies if this was a miss for you!
    TT News: https://www.truetrophies.com/author/Lee+Brady // @leepaulbrady // @vectormenpod
  • Heazie-ManHeazie-Man306,310
    Posted on 04 March 23 at 22:43
    This is just awful in every regard. Heartily agree with everyone else here.

No one liked or agreed with you, so now you say it was just a joke? Just sad. I completely understand that this site gets a small fraction of the traffic and engagement as TA, and I love the TT/TA combo, but this is not the way to get some clicks, which is pretty evident this was, whether intentional or not.
    Are we sure this is the direction we want to go in?
  • HarleyCosmoHarleyCosmo123,195
    Posted on 05 March 23 at 01:12, Edited on 05 March 23 at 01:14 by HarleyCosmo
    SolaceCreed said:
    Don't read them then, it's as easy as that rather than having a blocking feature.
    I never remember the author.

So I end up going "eh?" clicking on the article, reading a bit then going "this is awful." And then time after time it's the exact same author.

I understand what you are saying, and if it was a higher priority for me to avoid them I would. But I just find them inane, and on a website this highly customizable I'm amazed there isn't a function for it or a news tagging function for your front page. Means everyone who likes Lee's work can still enjoy it on this platform and those that don't can avoid it easily and efficiently.

The Xbox site seems to get away without weird fluff sensationalist articles. If they are on there they don't crop up nearly as often as on the playstation site. It just makes it feel less like a platform for trophy tracking/news and more like an immature tabloid.
  • Heazie-ManHeazie-Man306,310
    Posted on 05 March 23 at 01:24
    HarleyCosmo said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    I never remember the author.

So I end up going "eh?" clicking on the article, reading a bit then going "this is awful." And then time after time it's the exact same author.

I understand what you are saying, and if it was a higher priority for me to avoid them I would. But I just find them inane, and on a website this highly customizable I'm amazed there isn't a function for it or a news tagging function for your front page. Means everyone who likes Lee's work can still enjoy it on this platform and those that don't can avoid it easily and efficiently.

The Xbox site seems to get away without weird fluff sensationalist articles. If they are on there they don't crop up nearly as often as on the playstation site. It just makes it feel less like a platform for trophy tracking/news and more like an immature tabloid.
    AGREED
    Are we sure this is the direction we want to go in?
  • kuty_tarankuty_taran106,083
    Posted on 05 March 23 at 10:17
    Fajny artykuł nie wiem o co chodzi niektórym...Remake RE4 ma pewne podobieństwa z TLOU ,ale to tylko podobieństwa,nie kopia 1do 1.Chociaz skradanie w RE4 to będzie nowość,bo w oryginale tego nie było,myślę że można fajnie przejść grę prześlizgując się niczym wąż,albo normalnie jak w oryginale odstrzelić parę głów.To twórcy tak zdecydowali,i tak będzie to ich dzieło.Grajmy w gry ,nie szukajmy dziury w całym.
  • CRUX19CRUX19104,266
    Posted on 05 March 23 at 12:45
    Congrats, you just made everyone who read this stupider.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads