Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Forspoken PS5 patch shows devs are 'committed' to tackling criticism

• Tadg3rTadg3r62,597
    Posted on 09 February 23 at 13:24
    Whilst this is great news and I look forward to the patch as I do enjoy the game, it’s so frustrating with the state of gaming these days where very very few games launch in a good/great playing state. It’s sad.

I’m still very much in the minority that thinks devs should forget about providing so many graphical options and just focus on delivering the best graphics possible at a consistent 60fps. Surely only having one graphic package to focus on would make it easier for them?
  • Posted on 09 February 23 at 14:14
    It's the most average game I've played in years.
  • HelixNebula_xHelixNebula_x1,012,547
    Posted on 09 February 23 at 14:20
    TwilightShadow22 said:
    Forspoken is pretty average, and choosing to launch a couple of weeks before Hogwarts Legacy is beyond stupid.

So while I do agree with you, you only have two trophies in it so far, so it seems like a bit of an unfair judgement when you've barely actually played it.
  • Posted on 09 February 23 at 16:31
    Tadg3r said:
    Whilst this is great news and I look forward to the patch as I do enjoy the game, it’s so frustrating with the state of gaming these days where very very few games launch in a good/great playing state. It’s sad.

I’m still very much in the minority that thinks devs should forget about providing so many graphical options and just focus on delivering the best graphics possible at a consistent 60fps. Surely only having one graphic package to focus on would make it easier for them?
    Yeah, I am hoping that the improvements do the game justice. It's a shame - as you say - that most games release in a state that requires a plethora of patches before they become even remotely passible.
  • Posted on 09 February 23 at 16:32
    HelixNebula_x said:
    TwilightShadow22 said:
    Forspoken is pretty average, and choosing to launch a couple of weeks before Hogwarts Legacy is beyond stupid.

So while I do agree with you, you only have two trophies in it so far, so it seems like a bit of an unfair judgement when you've barely actually played it.
    Whyyy did it launch so close to Hogwarts! I will never understand this haha
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,161
    Posted on 09 February 23 at 16:43
    SlayeretteSean said:
    HelixNebula_x said:
    TwilightShadow22 said:

Whyyy did it launch so close to Hogwarts! I will never understand this haha
    Wasn't its original window against God of War? Which is why it got delayed in the first place under the guise of they need to iron the game out (which didn't work).
    "Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance" - Sun Tzu. Yes, I'm back reading the classical stuff.
  • Posted on 09 February 23 at 17:16
    Maybe I’ll play this on Xbox 2 or 3 years from now when it’s all patched up and has gone away long enough for people to start calling it a hidden gem. Bc that’s how this works.
  • PLATINBLAZEPLATINBLAZE364,264
    Posted on 09 February 23 at 19:10
    Did not expect less from the developers.
    "A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
  • Posted on 12 February 23 at 00:58, Edited on 12 February 23 at 00:59 by senyahdlanyar
    How about you don't release a subpar game and let it cook a bit more before releasing it. Will developer's ever learn. Also i find game patches have made the gaming industry lazy. Why release a fully finished game when you can release and patch later 🤔
  • TheBig-BBTheBig-BB162,275
    Posted on 23 February 23 at 22:17
    I don't think the timing of the launch was that bad. It launched before other big releases, which is the right call. Surely we don't think they should've waited until during or after Hogwarts? And if they wait longer, then we're wondering why they released too close to Fallen Order, or whatever else. If they believe in their product then getting it to market on a week when nothing else is coming out is ideal. The issue is simply that people didn't fall in love with this game.
  • TheBig-BBTheBig-BB162,275
    Posted on 23 February 23 at 22:26, Edited on 23 February 23 at 22:26 by TheBig-BB
    senyahdlanyar said:
    How about you don't release a subpar game and let it cook a bit more before releasing it. Will developer's ever learn. Also i find game patches have made the gaming industry lazy. Why release a fully finished game when you can release and patch later 🤔
    Even games from my childhood in the 80s-90s often could've used patches. For example: Battletoads NES co-op breaking on level 11. Like 6 different spells in Final Fantasy 1 were broken, with 3-4 of them not working at all, and one of them even buffing enemies instead of debuffing them. Lufia 2 with multiple glitched out screens. I mean I could write you a novel right now. Game development is hard even when you have simple games.

Modern games are significantly more complex, though. It's not realistic to wait until there are no bugs when your game was already in development by hundreds of people for 5 years, as if you could even find all the issues.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads