The Debating Chamber

Forum for intelligent debate on possibly controversial topics related to gaming

Poll: Rate the PS Plus monthly PS5, PS4 games lineup for January 2023

• Posted on 31 December 22 at 08:59
    The first PS Plus Essential games of 2023 have been officially revealed with January subscribers receiving Star War Jedi Fallen Order, Axiom Verge 2, and Fallout 76. Now is your chance to rate the PS4 and PS5 games lineup.

Please click here to read the full story: https://www.truetrophies.com/poll/22609/poll-rate-the-ps-plu...
    Poll: What score would you give the January 2023 PS Plus games lineup?
    • 7.0% - 5 — One of the best ever lineups
    • 42.6% - 4 — Good lineup
    • 34.1% - 3 — Average lineup
    • 13.2% - 2 — Poor lineup
    • 3.1% - 1 — One of the worst lineups ever

We had 129 responses to the poll.
    You must log in to vote on this poll
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,774
    Posted on 31 December 22 at 11:05
    Hyperbole to say one of the best ever. It's a decent month, no matter your own personal opinions. Two AAA games is rare for both services.
    "Maybe We Wouldn't Like The Answer Even If They Told Us."
  • xXSOULDOOMXxxXSOULDOOMXx330,486
    Posted on 31 December 22 at 14:34
    I only don't like this line up of games because I already own 2 of the game star wars Jedi fallen order and fallout 76.
  • Posted on 01 January 23 at 19:31, Edited on 01 January 23 at 19:37 by superniceguy_2
    SolaceCreed said:
    Two AAA games is rare for both services.
    Not for PS+ games, been getting them pretty much each month for the past year, and older ones too giving more chance of having them, and why I have had them all

I would rather buy them in sales than wait for them not being given out and be kept hostage to keep subbing to play them.

If they are going to continue with this then best not buy any games, and just wait for them to be in PS+, but then they may stop giving out AAA and giving out games like in GWG then have to buy the games anyway, and missed out playing them sooner.

I would much rather AA games being given out, ones that look pretty good but not sure its worth buying. One AA and one AAA. It definitely does not need two AAA games, unless they are day one releases, or released within the past few months.

It would be good if they gave out DLC too, for games that were in PS+.

Only giving out 2 games increases chance of having them. When they were giving out PS3 / Vita games, with about 5 games per month, there was always something each month guaranteed, now not so much

Jedi Fallen Order is to get people to buy Survivor, it only costs a few bucks now to buy, it would have been more worth it if it was available a couple of years or so ago, as God of War was given out to get people to buy Ragnarok.

Anyway, no vote, I am conflicted!
    Yay! Double Platinum in Babylons Fall on PS4 and PS5 now achieved in less than a month.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,774
    Posted on 02 January 23 at 06:52
    superniceguy_2 said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    Two AAA games is rare for both services.
    Not for PS+ games, been getting them pretty much each month for the past year, and older ones too giving more chance of having them, and why I have had them all

I would rather buy them in sales than wait for them not being given out and be kept hostage to keep subbing to play them.

If they are going to continue with this then best not buy any games, and just wait for them to be in PS+, but then they may stop giving out AAA and giving out games like in GWG then have to buy the games anyway, and missed out playing them sooner.

I would much rather AA games being given out, ones that look pretty good but not sure its worth buying. One AA and one AAA. It definitely does not need two AAA games, unless they are day one releases, or released within the past few months.

It would be good if they gave out DLC too, for games that were in PS+.

Only giving out 2 games increases chance of having them. When they were giving out PS3 / Vita games, with about 5 games per month, there was always something each month guaranteed, now not so much

Jedi Fallen Order is to get people to buy Survivor, it only costs a few bucks now to buy, it would have been more worth it if it was available a couple of years or so ago, as God of War was given out to get people to buy Ragnarok.

Anyway, no vote, I am conflicted!
    This might be the only time we agree on something this year. I do agree it's more common on Playststion than Xbox, but Xbox seems to have more of a steak in trying to sell GP on the green team.

Hopefully Sony don't go that route with PS+ Premium and offer all three something slightly different to make them worthwhile.

I'd say with the shut down (and then the reinstatement) of the PS3 storefront, it made sense why they stopped giving those out, but now we know that they can run on a PS5 better than PS4, why rely on streaming still? Port them and bundle them in PS+.
    "Maybe We Wouldn't Like The Answer Even If They Told Us."
  • ShinKotakeShinKotake681,761
    Posted on 02 January 23 at 19:31
    I think Star Wars alone makes this a good month. Fallout is kind of meh. Wasn't much interested in 76 due to the bugs and microtransactions. I may eventually give it a go, but it's low on my list.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads