Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PS Plus monthly games leaving soon for January 2023

• Posted on 28 December 22 at 14:59
    PS Plus Essentials monthly games will be losing five games in January 2023. The 'free' games from December 2022 will be leaving Sony's service, so make sure you grab the PS5 and PS4 games as soon as possible.

Please click here to read the full story: PS Plus monthly games leaving soon for January 2023
  • Posted on 28 December 22 at 15:15, Edited on 28 December 22 at 15:23 by superniceguy_2
    “ Mass Effect Legendary Edition will be leaving PS Plus in January 2022”

It was a good job I bought it then, although should still have it if claimed it, but these PS+ (Essential) free games are dropping out of my library.

I noticed that Lords of the Fallen was no longer accessible to me last week, which I claimed in 2016, and I still have the email receipt, showing I paid nothing. It was on sale but ending last week Wed 23:59 so I bought it, it was only about £3. It was in PS NOW but left when that switched to PS+ tier system.

One thing I should have tried before buying it, was restoring licences, which I did not think of at the time.

I downloaded and played it in 2020 unlocking one trophy for a bean dive, so maybe it lost the PS+ entitlement for PS NOW? It is making subbing for these PS+ games pointless if that is the case.

Either I already have the games or I lose them, although I do not lose the purchased digital games, yet anyway. It would not surprise me if one day all our digital library will start getting locked out, and have to buy it again. Some newer bundles are getting me to buy the games again but the older original bundles are still in library, or some bundles do not count as a purchase and just see base game as “purchased” along with all its DLC, but the bundle I bought is asking to bought again. At one point I thought I lost access to Train Sim World 2 Rush Hour deluxe bundle DLC, but loading game and going into the in game store entitled me to get the 3DLCs for free

The digital stores are starting to get messy and unreliable, and all these different subscription services are making things more worse, confusing, and losing entitlements.
    Yay! Double Platinum in Babylons Fall on PS4 and PS5 now achieved in less than a month.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,274
    Posted on 28 December 22 at 16:22
    superniceguy_2 said:
    “ Mass Effect Legendary Edition will be leaving PS Plus in January 2022”

It was a good job I bought it then, although should still have it if claimed it, but these PS+ (Essential) free games are dropping out of my library.

I noticed that Lords of the Fallen was no longer accessible to me last week, which I claimed in 2016, and I still have the email receipt, showing I paid nothing. It was on sale but ending last week Wed 23:59 so I bought it, it was only about £3. It was in PS NOW but left when that switched to PS+ tier system.

One thing I should have tried before buying it, was restoring licences, which I did not think of at the time.

I downloaded and played it in 2020 unlocking one trophy for a bean dive, so maybe it lost the PS+ entitlement for PS NOW? It is making subbing for these PS+ games pointless if that is the case.

Either I already have the games or I lose them, although I do not lose the purchased digital games, yet anyway. It would not surprise me if one day all our digital library will start getting locked out, and have to buy it again. Some newer bundles are getting me to buy the games again but the older original bundles are still in library, or some bundles do not count as a purchase and just see base game as “purchased” along with all its DLC, but the bundle I bought is asking to bought again. At one point I thought I lost access to Train Sim World 2 Rush Hour deluxe bundle DLC, but loading game and going into the in game store entitled me to get the 3DLCs for free

The digital stores are starting to get messy and unreliable, and all these different subscription services are making things more worse, confusing, and losing entitlements.
    I'm not sure what you're looking at, but I can still get LotF on my Plus library.
    Unless you've accidentally looked at the remake on the store? It doesn't leave your library once you've claimed it. Even if you unsub and resub.

Have we moved on from Babylons Fall to a tirad on digital purchases in general now? laugh
    "Maybe We Wouldn't Like The Answer Even If They Told Us."
  • ShinKotakeShinKotake725,164
    Posted on 31 December 22 at 01:28
    I'm pretty happy overall with the ones they had this month. I'm almost done with Biomutant and plan to start Mass Effect soon.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads