TrueTrophies Polls

Forum for our TrueTrophies Polls

Playstation 4 - One Year On

• Posted on 15 November 14 at 14:30
    Hey TT'ers, today marks the 1 year anniversary of the Playstation 4. Sony's latest device has managed to sell an impressive 13.5 million consoles during the last 12 months, which is quite the achievement trophy. But how have your experiences been so far with it?
    Poll: How has your first year with PS4 been?
    • 26.3% - Loved every minute!
    • 30.6% - Enjoyed it but it is missing something
    • 4.7% - A little disappointed
    • 0.4% - Hate/ sold it
    • 9.4% - Where all the games at?
    • 0.7% - Sold it and bought a SNES
    • 27.0% - Still not picked one up
    • 1.1% - Other (Let us know below)

We had 278 responses to the poll.
    You must log in to vote on this poll
  • Posted on 15 November 14 at 14:35, Edited on 15 November 14 at 16:10 by munchmagic1986
    I have personally enjoyed every minute. Not really had any bad experiences myself, other than Batman Arkham Knight being delayed but that ain't Sony's fault. With all the new promised games mostly set for 2015 I think this is just the beginning of a very enjoyable generation
  • PuRe_PretzelPuRe_Pretzel122,493
    Posted on 15 November 14 at 14:41
    I still haven't picked one up yet. I don't really want to because I already have an xbox one. :P
    Xbox PuRe Pretzel
  • Posted on 15 November 14 at 14:49
    Enjoyed but still missing something which could have a vote change soon though with the release of Dragon Age coming soon. I have been needing a good RPG to play. It is my favourite genre and there really has not been any RPG in the style of Dragon age to pull me in. For example when i got Dragon Age Origins i would be playing for hours on end, i would look at the clock at say 7pm and before i know it it's 5am and have work the next day. The same happened with Skyrim but i have not had that yet on my PS4 but i truly believe with GTA V and Dragon Age coming very soon that may change. I guess it would not change the vote though because that means i have not loved every minute but i could end up loving every minute when they come out.

I have been enjoying playing my PS4 and i don't regret buying it i just have to be patient and wait for the games that i will enjoy most to come out but that's the same with every new console really.

The game i have enjoyed most so far has to be ALIEN ISOLATION because that's the only game i have sat and played since the day i got it and did not remove the disc from the console to play anything else until i finished the campaign.

Anyway i am feeling positive that with new games on the horizon i will be keeping my PS4 and look forward to what they have in store for us over the next few years.
    IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
  • Posted on 15 November 14 at 15:02
    Only had my PS4 about a month and I've loved every minute. Was having a real gaming slump and hardly playing anything but the PS4 has rejuvenated my passion for playing games again.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 November 14 at 15:34
    I've got my PS4 for about five months now. Loved (almost) every minute, only disappointing experience was when I played the "remastered" version of Sleeping Dogs, which didn't feel like an upgrade at all.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 15 November 14 at 15:49
    Badly_Worn_Toy said:Only had my PS4 about a month and I've loved every minute. Was having a real gaming slump and hardly playing anything but the PS4 has rejuvenated my passion for playing games again.I was in the same boat before I bought my PS3, it is amazing how buying a new console even if it is just the same as the one you already own can help lift you back up again.

BillyHorrible said:I've got my PS4 for about five months now. Loved (almost) every minute, only disappointing experience was when I played the "remastered" version of Sleeping Dogs, which didn't feel like an upgrade at all.I was kind of the opposite with Sleeping Dogs but it had been a while since I had played it originally. The cutscenes don't look like they were touched at all though. I had been meaning to boot it up on PS3 for so long but never got around to it so I think them releasing it on PS4 with all the dlc helped push me forward a bit (plus the low pricing). I was pretty satisfied with it but the bugs annoyed the hell out of me, a monk even punched me across the map ( which I recorded of course)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 November 14 at 16:25, Edited on 15 November 14 at 17:43 by
    I've loved every minute from tracking it on the van waiting for its arrival to playing some cracking games, now my favourite update being able to play my own music while playing games. Only thing I was disappointed by was Arkham knight being delayed I want Harley grrr
  • Posted on 15 November 14 at 19:19
    Still missing something like an messaging app that works.
    Giggity
  • Posted on 15 November 14 at 19:37
    ThomasWhalen said:Still missing something like an messaging app that works.I know what you mean, when share play came out my friend an i were trying to get it to work and could not hear each other in chat, so we were trying to message each other and it was taking like 10mins from the time that it pops up in the corner telling you that you have received a message for the message to then actually load up on the screen and just as long to send one back.

They have made 2 updates since then but i have not been using my PS4 much lately to know whether they have fixed that issue as of yet. I hope so.
    IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
  • davem300490davem300490468,557
    Posted on 15 November 14 at 19:49
    Loved every minute of the ps4
    Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 November 14 at 20:08
    munchmagic1986 said:BillyHorrible said:I've got my PS4 for about five months now. Loved (almost) every minute, only disappointing experience was when I played the "remastered" version of Sleeping Dogs, which didn't feel like an upgrade at all.I was kind of the opposite with Sleeping Dogs but it had been a while since I had played it originally. The cutscenes don't look like they were touched at all though. I had been meaning to boot it up on PS3 for so long but never got around to it so I think them releasing it on PS4 with all the dlc helped push me forward a bit (plus the low pricing). I was pretty satisfied with it but the bugs annoyed the hell out of me, a monk even punched me across the map ( which I recorded of course)I played a couple of remastereds on the PS4 which I had played before, Sleeping Dogs just feels like the old game once more. Ugh.

One of the games I loved playing was The Last Of Us, another remastered game but one I never got to play. I also love all these quirky little games on the PS4 like Velocity 2X, Octodad, Sound Shapes, Flower... Cool stuff out there.

Now in the first sequence of Unity and I think it's amazing!
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • eektoreektor83,284
    Posted on 15 November 14 at 20:51
    Enjoyed it but it is missing something. Basically I'm waiting for Dragon Age: Inquisition and The Witcher 3.

I've enjoyed it and I have several highlights such as:

Infamous Second Son (the reason why I bought it in march)
    Child of Light
    Diablo 3 (I enjoyed this much more on the console than on the PC)
    Dust: An Elysian Tale (this game took me by surprise, it was really good)

Now I just need to wait til tuesday for Dragon Age.
  • Posted on 15 November 14 at 20:59
    eektor said: Infamous Second Son (the reason why I bought it in march)
    Second Son was the reason I decided to buy a PS4 at launch
  • RhinoVanDamRhinoVanDam929,260
    Posted on 15 November 14 at 23:27
    Enjoyed every minute.
  • Rick_NyaRick_Nya1,459,057
    Posted on 16 November 14 at 14:43
    I´m a little disappointed.
    Too many crap indies, a lot of basic funtionalites missing, broken message system, almost no quality retail games, too many re-releases from lest gen and so on.
    I just hope next year things get better. All the really great games are supposed to come out (if they´re not pushed back again), and Sony should start to cut little by little PS3 support (as well as the developers) or else PS4 will never be the great console Sony promissed us a year back.
  • Posted on 16 November 14 at 15:00
    Love the system, but I hate the UI. Microsoft nailed it on the one. Folders would be a big help!
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 00:10
    Only just picked up the white version with AC Unity. Mainly a PC gamer but decided on a ps4 to chill out with. Quality so far. Game is having frame issues at the moment though. But I know that's the game. Looking forward to inquisition and gta v ??
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 01:11
    I've really enjoyed it. I still enjoy Xbox Live over PSN but the controller, XMB and power of the system are great.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 November 14 at 04:30
    Share Play was a nice way for me to end the first year. toast It's just going to get even better from here.
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive. twitter.com/shadow_enz
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads