Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Horizon Zero Dawn might get The Last of Us Part 1 remake treatment

• Posted on 03 October 22 at 11:46
    Horizon Zero Down might be getting The Last of Us Part 1 treatment from PlayStation Studio Guerrilla Games. Though Naughty Dog's remaster of its PS3 great was great, it sparked controversy for its price and seeming unnecessity.

Please click here to read the full story: Horizon Zero Dawn might get The Last of Us Part 1 remake treatment
  • YuthuraYuthura113,392
    Posted on 03 October 22 at 12:00, Edited on 03 October 22 at 12:06 by Yuthura
    This is absurd; Zero Dawn looks, plays, and runs absolutely fantastic when playing on the PS5. There is absolutely no reason to invest in this, just put the effort and budget into Horizon 3.

No game released on the PS4 deserves a remake in my opinion; The Last of Us remake was nonsense, Spider-man Remastered was nonsense, this would be nonsense.

All of these games are already amazing; instead, be creative and give us something new.

Edit: and for the love of gaming, keep that multiplayer garbage out of these absolutely fantastic story-driven single player experiences.
  • CanezzaCanezza74,205
    Posted on 03 October 22 at 12:06
    WHY
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • PipsqweekPipsqweek1,985,647
    Posted on 03 October 22 at 12:10
    Yuthura said:
    keep that multiplayer garbage out of these absolutely fantastic story-driven single player experiences.
    1000%

Any MP needs to be it's own title.
    Sony are likely eyeballing the MP as one of their 'live-service' titles.
  • LeyhkezeLeyhkeze129,113
    Posted on 03 October 22 at 12:19
    Yuthura said:
    This is absurd; Zero Dawn looks, plays, and runs absolutely fantastic when playing on the PS5
    Plays absolutely fantastic? Yes
    Runs absolutely fantastic? Most of the time yes

But looks absolutely fantastic?
    You can literally see the draw distance circle...
    I mean the game could have used more polish, draw distance is awful, texture pop-in is awful, and the water is still ugly as hell, lights flicker also, I was really disappointed when I started it on my PS5 with the latest patch installed...
  • Posted on 03 October 22 at 12:36
    This is just dumb.
    Eat your beets! RECYCLE!!! RECYCLE!!!
  • Posted on 03 October 22 at 13:08
    Milk it enough and people will start voting with their wallets. This seems like a tremendous waste of time, resources and money for a game that still looks and plays great 5 years later.
  • Arrox92Arrox9266,841
    Posted on 03 October 22 at 13:11
    PS5 has no games
  • YuthuraYuthura113,392
    Posted on 03 October 22 at 13:58
    Leyhkeze said:
    But looks absolutely fantastic?
    You can literally see the draw distance circle...
    I mean the game could have used more polish, draw distance is awful, texture pop-in is awful, and the water is still ugly as hell, lights flicker also, I was really disappointed when I started it on my PS5 with the latest patch installed...
    I think "awful" is quite unfair; yes, the game is nearly 6 years old; yes, native PS5 games can look better; yes, newer PS4 games like RDR2 or GoW 2018 may look even better; but it does not deserve "awful" or "ugly as hell". It's still a great looking (and fantastic) game.

If you want a prettier game, just play Forbidden West. Let the developers work on something new instead; I can't imagine it would be much fun for them to work on a finished 6 years old game either (I wouldn't want to anyway).

That said, if they were to bring out a patch with some lighting and draw distance updates as a PS5 native game like Capcom did with Resident Evil, for free or a very low price, I'd be all for that.

But don't make it a full on remake/remaster for full price like Spider-man / TLOU; neither of those games deserved that, this game doesn't deserve that.
  • Posted on 03 October 22 at 14:21
    Metallica - face the remake that should not be
    Giving a 10 years or above ass game as a lineup for a monthly subscription is blasphemous
  • Posted on 03 October 22 at 14:55
    No problem as long as it is a free upgrade or no more than £30
    Babylons Fall is looking to be an easy double Platinum
  • dude1286dude1286212,285
    Posted on 03 October 22 at 14:59
    Stop remaking PS4 games for PS5. Spiderman made sense only because the glorified expansion was released on both consoles. If you have to remakes, do more Spyros, Crashes and MediEvils.
  • ScottishNubScottishNub1,962,959
    Posted on 03 October 22 at 15:02, Edited on 03 October 22 at 15:18 by ScottishNub
    Yuthura said:
    This is absurd; Zero Dawn looks, plays, and runs absolutely fantastic when playing on the PS5. There is absolutely no reason to invest in this, just put the effort and budget into Horizon 3.

Edit: and for the love of gaming, keep that multiplayer garbage out of these absolutely fantastic story-driven single player experiences.
    i think they should get rid of the garbage story and give us amazing multiplayer games
  • Tadg3rTadg3r62,596
    Posted on 03 October 22 at 15:59
    ScottishNub said:
    Yuthura said:

i think they should get rid of the garbage story and give us amazing multiplayer games
    And the stupidest comment award goes to this! There are very very few amazing multiplayer games. And to wish for them to get rid of, in your words, the garbage story, highlights just how ridiculous your comment is. Sony is known for their exceptionally strong single player, story driven games. Wanting them to get rid of this, you may as well put a nail in the coffin.
  • Posted on 03 October 22 at 16:11
    Yuthura said:

No game released on the PS4 deserves a remake in my opinion; The Last of Us remake was nonsense, Spider-man Remastered was nonsense, this would be nonsense.

All of these games are already amazing; instead, be creative and give us something new.

Exactly my thoughts as well! rock

Greetz

Cap
  • NauthimaNauthima243,464
    Posted on 03 October 22 at 16:26
    ScottishNub said:
    This from someone using an Aloy profile pic.
    Posted on 03 October 22 at 16:38
    Nauthima said:
    ScottishNub said:
    This from someone using an Aloy profile pic.
    this is my public one don't plan to change it cause i don't care about my public one as i prefer my private profile pic
    Posted on 03 October 22 at 16:53
    Tadg3r said:
    ScottishNub said:
    Yuthura said:

And the stupidest comment award goes to this! There are very very few amazing multiplayer games. And to wish for them to get rid of, in your words, the garbage story, highlights just how ridiculous your comment is. Sony is known for their exceptionally strong single player, story driven games. Wanting them to get rid of this, you may as well put a nail in the coffin.
    Cheers mate but the story in horizon is completely forgettable plus this remake or remaster is completely pointless and if they would make a horizon multiplayer game it would make more sense cause people also want a multiplayer game i'm fed up with waiting for factions 2 for over two years and i want to use my ps+ subscription cause it's just been a massive waste of money
  • Posted on 03 October 22 at 19:22
    Game is great as it is, I'm never buying it again. Make something new.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,274
    Posted on 03 October 22 at 19:29
    Good going people, goving Sony the idea that people just want the same stuff over and over. From a 1st party Point of view, this is really dumb.
    Congratulations on your platinum.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads