Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Best JRPGs on PlayStation

• Posted on 13 August 22 at 19:00
    The JRPG genre is overflowing with some of the best games you can play on your PS5, PS4, PS3, and PS Vita. With so many choices and different avenues to walk down, it can get confusing when picking your next adventure.

Please click here to read the full story: Best JRPGs on PlayStation
  • moonlght80moonlght80162,564
    Posted on 13 August 22 at 19:17
    Thank you. I have some of these, but now I have some more to add to my collection thanks to this list. smile
  • Slayer1189Slayer11892,172,350
    Posted on 13 August 22 at 19:27
    The only game I have played on this list is Nier Automata... and it is easily one of my fave games of all time toast

(Well I guess I did play Wild Arms back on PS1 but only very briefly so not really enough to count)
  • ShinKotakeShinKotake722,877
    Posted on 13 August 22 at 20:02, Edited on 14 August 22 at 00:57 by ShinKotake
    Great list but out of all Tales games you pick Berseria? Poor Vesperia.
    "You spoony bard!"
  • Posted on 13 August 22 at 22:44
    Persona 4 is easily the most overrated JRPG in existence.
  • Posted on 14 August 22 at 04:22
    I'd add Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IX, Eternal Sonata, Trails in the Sky FC/SC and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir on my personal list.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,161
    Posted on 14 August 22 at 08:11
    Duderonomy420 said:
    I'd add Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IX, Eternal Sonata, Trails in the Sky FC/SC and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir on my personal list.
    Can you play Chrono Trigger on PS3? I thought it came out for the original Playstation?
    Congratulations on your platinum.
  • Posted on 14 August 22 at 15:12
    SolaceCreed said:
    Can you play Chrono Trigger on PS3? I thought it came out for the original Playstation?
    My bad, I knew it was on PS1 as part of a double pack with FF IV but I was sure I had seen that title available on the Vita store at one point as a PS1 Classic. It's not there though, my apologies.

(Side note: Vita store is doing that thing again where if you manually search for anything, it says "There are no content items" yet if you browse via category you can eventually find the thing you are looking for. So annoying.)
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,161
    Posted on 14 August 22 at 16:14
    Duderonomy420 said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    My bad, I knew it was on PS1 as part of a double pack with FF IV but I was sure I had seen that title available on the Vita store at one point as a PS1 Classic. It's not there though, my apologies.

(Side note: Vita store is doing that thing again where if you manually search for anything, it says "There are no content items" yet if you browse via category you can eventually find the thing you are looking for. So annoying.)
    Ah, let's hope it's a future PS1 on PS+ game
    Congratulations on your platinum.
  • ShinKotakeShinKotake722,877
    Posted on 14 August 22 at 19:57
    Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time. I would love for it to be playable on Playstation.
    "You spoony bard!"
  • SupergiantStarrSupergiantStarr1,000,034
    Posted on 15 August 22 at 17:37
    Trails of Cold Steel series still severely underrated.
  • Posted on 15 August 22 at 19:10
    moonlght80 said:
    Thank you. I have some of these, but now I have some more to add to my collection thanks to this list. smile
    Very happy to bring attention to some games for you! I hope you love them whenever you get round to playing them ??

Slayer1189 said:
    The only game I have played on this list is Nier Automata... and it is easily one of my fave games of all time toast

(Well I guess I did play Wild Arms back on PS1 but only very briefly so not really enough to count)
    It’s such a good game! I still need to play the newest release, Replicant, I just haven’t got round to it yet!

ShinKotake said:
    Great list but out of all Tales games you pick Berseria? Poor Vesperia.
    Vesperia is one game that may make it on the list in the future ?? but Berseria has such a unique viewpoint that makes it shine so bright ??

Duderonomy420 said:
    Ooo some very good choices here ?? Odin Sphere in particular is an epic game that deserves more love!

SupergiantStarr said:
    Trails of Cold Steel series still severely underrated.
    You know, I’ve heard nothing but good things about this series! I’ve had it for my Vita for nearly 4 years now, maybe longer! I was put off playing it as someone told me they were like half way through the game and had put over 100 hours into it. I didn’t have the energy for such a big time sink and since then it has remained on my shelf. I’ll look into picking up sometime soon maybe, I fancy a good and long JRPG!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads