Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

This month's PS Plus Extra games for PS5, PS4 are available now

• Posted on 10 August 22 at 16:09
    Sony has officially announced the lineups for the Game Catalogue and Classics Catalogue for the PS Plus Extra and Premium tiers for August 2022. The first Yakuza series games are listed along with the leaked Ghost Recon, and more.

Please click here to read the full story: This month's PS Plus Extra games for PS5, PS4 are available now
  • HitmanMaulHitmanMaul787,567
    Posted on 10 August 22 at 16:50
    They got one more month to start showing me some classics or I’m out. Pathetic update.
  • Posted on 10 August 22 at 16:52
    Yakuza 0 is one of the best games I have played on PS4. Can't recommend it enough
    I'm Commander Shephard and this is my favourite trophy website on the internet!
  • Posted on 10 August 22 at 19:19
    good old Sony, ripping its customers off again, I knew it was too good to be good with the Classic games
  • Posted on 10 August 22 at 20:00
    ParadiseLost666 said:
    good old Sony, ripping its customers off again, I knew it was too good to be good with the Classic games
    At no point have I seen them say they will be releasing classic games every month. Seems more like you have assumed something that isn't happening. That is more on you than Sony.
  • Posted on 10 August 22 at 20:41
    BeardedScot86 said:
    ParadiseLost666 said:
    At no point have I seen them say they will be releasing classic games every month. Seems more like you have assumed something that isn't happening. That is more on you than Sony.
    lol, not trying to offend anyone,I am aware what they said but in two month we have gotten two ok-ish PSP Games added to Classics, I assume nothing from billion dollar companies, that would be foolish, just wondering where the value in having Premium over Extra if Classics are being ignored
  • Posted on 10 August 22 at 20:56
    ParadiseLost666 said:
    BeardedScot86 said:
    ParadiseLost666 said:
    lol, not trying to offend anyone,I am aware what they said but in two month we have gotten two ok-ish PSP Games added to Classics, I assume nothing from billion dollar companies, that would be foolish, just wondering where the value in having Premium over Extra if Classics are being ignored
    There are at least over 200 games in the Classic section, so the value is there if you like those games. If not, then no point getting Premium. I got Premium due to have PS Now when the service change happened. Unsure if I will keep it when mine runs out though since for me it doesn't have many games I want to play. So they will have to increase the output to keep me on premium.

Game Trials offers no value to me since you unlock trophies by playing them. Wouldn't want to trial the game and not buy it, but end up with a few trophies unlocked.

Cloud Streaming has always felt off to me. The minor input delay makes the game not feel right, so I won't play through them.
  • Posted on 10 August 22 at 21:07
    BeardedScot86 said:
    ParadiseLost666 said:
    BeardedScot86 said:
    ParadiseLost666 said:
    There are at least over 200 games in the Classic section, so the value is there if you like those games. If not, then no point getting Premium. I got Premium due to have PS Now when the service change happened. Unsure if I will keep it when mine runs out though since for me it doesn't have many games I want to play. So they will have to increase the output to keep me on premium.

Game Trials offers no value to me since you unlock trophies by playing them. Wouldn't want to trial the game and not buy it, but end up with a few trophies unlocked.

Cloud Streaming has always felt off to me. The minor input delay makes the game not feel right, so I won't play through them.
    Thats a fair assessment. My hope is they find a better way to handle PS3 emulation, but that system was borderline alien technology, I just hope this is just some starting out issues, we need some MGS back on the service. Same here was grandfathered in with PS NOw which I feel had more games. Maybe Im wrong
  • Posted on 10 August 22 at 21:16
    ParadiseLost666 said:
    Thats a fair assessment. My hope is they find a better way to handle PS3 emulation, but that system was borderline alien technology, I just hope this is just some starting out issues, we need some MGS back on the service. Same here was grandfathered in with PS NOw which I feel had more games. Maybe Im wrong
    I really hope the rumours about them working on PS3 emulation are true. Until I can install them, all the PS3 games are not worth it for me. Such a shame.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed601,330
    Posted on 10 August 22 at 22:23
    BeardedScot86 said:
    ParadiseLost666 said:
    I really hope the rumours about them working on PS3 emulation are true. Until I can install them, all the PS3 games are not worth it for me. Such a shame.
    Even better of they can find a way for me to use my disc copies of PS3 games.

Although, I probably have better odds at marrying Jennifer Aniston, than I do at that happening laugh
    Congratulations on your platinum.
  • JustJedsJustJeds118,891
    Posted on 11 August 22 at 07:04, Edited on 11 August 22 at 07:06 by JustJeds
    Disappointed with the lack of classics for sure. Once the rest of my premium upgrade is done, I'll probably be dropping down to Extra I reckon.

At least there's a couple of easy platinums in Monopoly, I guess.

EDIT: Just saw Monopoly Plus doesn't have a platinum. RIP
  • Posted on 11 August 22 at 22:37
    I didn't expect to add classics every month. Sony did not even say every month and some obviously assumed this. However, I still think for what I get for Premium (also PS Now subscriber previously), Extra and Essential, I won't downgrade.
  • CraphexCraphex184,787
    Posted today at 10:31
    Hoping the silent hill collection gets added again! Didn't get to finish it on ps now before it went so still have trophies to get! Anyone know if I can get the saves off it without being able to launch the game so I can continue with a PS3 copy?
    Craphex
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.