Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Display a Profile Badge for PSN Plus members

• Posted on 09 September 13 at 19:45, Edited on 21 February 16 at 14:36 by GAMERJET
    Not that it makes a huge difference but a badge for all the PSN Plus members would be nice
  • deithedeithe92,627
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 16:35
    ooooh yeah, thatd be a goodun, +1 from me :)
  • AhayzoAhayzo66,957
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 17:18
    I don't much the like the idea of just a badge for paying for something not directly related to TT
  • Posted on 10 September 13 at 18:25
    It couldn't hurt, but I don't think it's really something we need either. There wasn't a badge for having a gold account on TA and let's not forget having plus will be the same thing pretty much when the next generation comes around. Won't turn down a free badge either though. laugh
  • Posted on 11 September 13 at 00:33
    It'd be nice to show on your profile somewhere that you have plus, maybe not a badge, but this could be included with the level area rich has planned.
    Mainly a 360 player
  • AhayzoAhayzo66,957
    Posted on 11 September 13 at 03:49
    Spilner1001 said:
    It'd be nice to show on your profile somewhere that you have plus, maybe not a badge, but this could be included with the level area rich has planned.
    That I like!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 13 at 21:07
    Spilner1001 said:
    Was just about to propose that.
    "You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 September 13 at 05:51
    I think having the PS+ badge is a good idea. When setting up sessions in TA the amount of people I approved who didn't have Live was crazy. At least this way you know that the person can actually play online.
  • Posted on 25 September 13 at 09:44
    EighthGuardian said:
    I think having the PS+ badge is a good idea. When setting up sessions in TA the amount of people I approved who didn't have Live was crazy. At least this way you know that the person can actually play online.
    Anyone can play online though, PSN is free to all.
    Mainly a 360 player
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,013
    Posted on 25 September 13 at 16:42
    Spilner1001 said:
    EighthGuardian said:
    That only applies to PS3/Vita. You need PS Plus to play online on PS4.
  • Posted on 25 September 13 at 16:55
    EighthGuardian said:
    o.o wow. Were any of them deliberate? Though I can imagine with PS4 some may not notice the requirement since it's new.

So it doesn't have any practical purpose on PS3 and Vita but for informational purposes I think it would be good. You could tell who is in the same boat with you- especially when the new month's releases come out and you're looking around for someone to play with. Goes without saying you should be able to hide the fact. But just like TA Pro badge; informational purposes.
    =Semper Fi=
  • AhayzoAhayzo66,957
    Posted on 25 September 13 at 21:46
    EighthGuardian said:
    I hadn't thought about that for next Gen. I like it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 September 13 at 15:56
    alklein92201 said:
    EighthGuardian said:
    I hadn't thought about that for next Gen. I like it.
    I was going to mention that, it's definitely useful to have that indicator, maybe even the + logo over the top-right corner of your gamerpic on the forums here (overlayed) and near your PSN ID on your homepage.
    "You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 October 13 at 07:31
    Linkx41 said:
    Spilner1001 said:
    EighthGuardian said:
    That only applies to PS3/Vita. You need PS Plus to play online on PS4.
    I was thinking mainly for the PS4 but forgot to include that, DOH!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 February 16 at 10:37
    alklein92201 said:EighthGuardian said:I think having the PS+ badge is a good idea. When setting up sessions in TA the amount of people I approved who didn't have Live was crazy. At least this way you know that the person can actually play online.I hadn't thought about that for next Gen. I like it.I kept thinking "what's the use" until I saw this post.

Is a badge the best way to implement this though? Seems like a new column on gaming session entrants would be better - if it's a badge, you have to click through all gamer pages...
    http://starwarsrpgrecaps.blogspot.com
  • Posted on 19 February 16 at 10:40
    I ran out of votes but stand by my post two years ago and would upvote this in either form (Billy's idea is more useful for session hosts, but more difficult to implement).
  • NomstuffNomstuff79,413
    Posted on 19 February 16 at 11:17
    would be cool +1
    http://raptr.com/badge/Nomsheep/fs_overall.png
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 February 16 at 15:31
    Linkx41 said:Spilner1001 said:EighthGuardian said:I think having the PS+ badge is a good idea. When setting up sessions in TA the amount of people I approved who didn't have Live was crazy. At least this way you know that the person can actually play online.Anyone can play online though, PSN is free to all.That only applies to PS3/Vita. You need PS Plus to play online on PS4.I must be the only one that seems to be able to play online without ps+
  • Harris59Harris591,201,484
    Posted on 19 February 16 at 15:53
    I like this simple idea, once I get one of my votes back I'll upvote this.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 February 16 at 18:12
    Like Billy I didn't really see the point until EighthGuardians comment, I'd upvote this too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads